• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's highly likely we will have to trade for Wilson Chandler

NBASupes

• Premium Member

I think Chandler is a perfect match for our current needs and wouldn't mind AT ALL if we ha to part ways with Scott, Mack and the Minny pick.

@Static has a good point here. We dealt a first for Hardaway, why wouldn't we give a probable VERY late first for Chandler? This guy could make all the difference in the long run. Playing Thabo 30+ minutes per game can't be good, he's an aging player. 

Edited by BrazilianHawk
  • Like 1

I think Chandler is a perfect match for our current needs and wouldn't mind AT ALL if we ha to part ways with Scott, Mack and the Minny pick.

@Static has a good point here. We dealt a first for Hardaway, why wouldn't we give a probable VERY late first for Chandler? This guy could make all the difference in the long run. Playing Thabo 30+ minutes per game can't be good, he's an aging player. 

So, let's not part with the Minny pick but our own the year we get the Minny pick. The Minny pick could be in the middle teens. Ours should be below 26. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Give em the pick from the Payne Trade.

I dont see how THJ is worth a pick but Wilson Chandler isn't.

THJ is younger and still on a rookie contract, meaning he'll be RFA two years from now.  Chandler will be a free agent right when the cap jumps.  His salary will likely double next year if he performs similarly to his past few seasons.

I wouldn't mind chandler but bud would have to make him wear some turtle neck under armor, that face on his neck freaks me the hell out

I think it's his kid lol

So much will hinge on what they get if they end up trading Lawson... just hard to say right now what the possibilities will be.

They want assets (draft picks). They want that for Faried, Lawson and Chandler. They want to keep Gallo and their youth.

Faried could get traded this off-season but Denver is going to have to drop their price.

Their price isn't that high for Chandler but no one seems to want to pay. They wanted a 1st from LAC and Crawford but it fell through.

• Premium Member

I would love to add him to the team. Depending on what we give up, if we add Chandler we are without a doubt a better team next year.

• Premium Member

I don't mean to be the party pooper, particulary since I'm not even against Chandler as an option... just trying to inject a little objectivity into the discussion... and particularly where Supes seems so set in this mindset to discount what the grass already looks like on this side...

He contends (in the other thread) that Thabo gets worse with more minutes played, but in actuality, when you compare his top 30 games in terms of minutes played, the overall stats (by virtue of fantasy points) get better, not worse...

And, now, about this health thing... what if we look at these last four years...

2015-07-03_1901.png

... and if we take into account that he's not likely to be getting whacked by the NYPD anymore... the health thing appears to be a reason to question Chandler more so than Sefolosha.

Edited by sturt
  • Like 1

Apparently, Mike Scott is Wilson Chandler:

http://bkref.com/tiny/iGrHW

No. This is what sturt was doing. Numbers with no context.

The cost for Chandler is a lot.

This is wasn't enough of what they wanted during AS Break

The Clippers are also exploring trade options for Jamal Crawford, according to sources, and one possibility is trading Crawford and C.J. Wilcox, the team’s 2014 first round pick, to the Denver Nuggets for Wilson Chandler.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/22/report-clippers-exploring-wilson-chandler-trade/

For us to land him, it's gonna take Scott, Mack a 2016 1st and some just basing this off of what they want for Chandler.

Apparently, Mike Scott is Wilson Chandler:

http://bkref.com/tiny/iGrHW

I feel like Chandler is in a different league than Scott but these statistics are interesting to see. Thanks for sharing. If Scott progressed as much last season as he did his first 2 seasons, we wouldn't even be having this conversation in the first place.

No. This is what sturt was doing. Numbers with no context.

The cost for Chandler is a lot.

This is wasn't enough of what they wanted during AS Break

The Clippers are also exploring trade options for Jamal Crawford, according to sources, and one possibility is trading Crawford and C.J. Wilcox, the team’s 2014 first round pick, to the Denver Nuggets for Wilson Chandler.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/22/report-clippers-exploring-wilson-chandler-trade/

For us to land him, it's gonna take Scott, Mack a 2016 1st and some just basing this off of what they want for Chandler.

Crawford and Wilcox is what they are trading for Chandler, why should we include a 1st?

If they are rebuilding how does an old Crawford help, I know next to nothing about Wilcox.

Edited by JayBirdHawk