• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

It's highly likely we will have to trade for Wilson Chandler

NBASupes

• Premium Member

No. This is what sturt was doing. Numbers with no context.

Supes, you're dancing, brother.

I demonstrated how the five-man units info actually VERIFIED, as opposed to your theory that they opposed the REALITY over the PERCEPTION... you threw up two different scenarios (JSmoove @ SF and Wright/Nowitzki), and that proved to be the case.

I think it might even be that there's a bit of irony here that you're lost in the IMAGE of what Wilson Chandler was, versus the REALITY of what he is.

Supes, you're dancing, brother.

I demonstrated how the five-man units info actually VERIFIED, as opposed to your theory that they opposed the REALITY over the PERCEPTION... you threw up two different scenarios (JSmoove @ SF and Wright/Nowitzki), and that proved to be the case.

I think it might even be that there's a bit of irony here that you're lost in the IMAGE of what Wilson Chandler was, versus the REALITY of what he is.

Sorry bro, but when you said Thabo is interchangable with Carroll, you literally became the prime example of numbers out of context.

The reality of what he is, is much better than what he can do in Denver. The reality of what Thabo is, is far more limited with additional minutes for our team.

That's not me saying you are wrong, I respect you to the point where I clearly don't denounce it. Simply put, I am going with reality test. That same test most of us will use for THJr and the same one we used for Carroll and Thabo when they were signed.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

There will be no trades.  We have our Sfs.

I won't go that far. There's too much still that could break in FA, and opportunities like Splitter can drop in your lap for tiddly winks.

But I do feel pretty confident in saying (*knocks on wood*) that we won't be sacrificing future assets to gain a starting SF... no draft picks unless its something like the opportunity flip picks in 2016 with a team that is destined to suck anyway.

• Premium Member

Sorry bro, but when you said Thabo is interchangable with Carroll, you literally became the prime example of numbers out of context.

The reality of what he is, is much better than what he can do in Denver. The reality of what Thabo is, is far more limited with additional minutes for our team.

You can say that all day, and I can ping-pong right back to you: "Your assertion is a prime example of how perceptions can be detached from realities."

Which is right?

Again, maybe you are, but all I know is that I feel pretty comfortable when--not just one or a few--but MANY numbers line up in support of the conclusion I reached. In fact, I let the evidence take me there. I didn't start out with that presumption, but it just began to emerge as I studied the various stats at 82games for us.

Carroll's career WS and VORP was either lower or the same as Chandler until he came to Atlanta.

Thabo numbers have been the same since he was at OKC. He is a limited scorer who is a plus plus defender. Offensively, he is just as inept in Atlanta as he's been in OKC. The difference is, we can't afford to have a poor scorer in our starting five like OKC could because we don't have two one option scorers much less even having one 1st option scorer. We are a by-committee offense, if we have to play 4 on 5 on offense, our defense better be Detroit 2004 which it's clearly not. That moves us down from a top tier NBA team to you Washington's and Dallas's of the world based on last year.

You can say that all day, and I can ping-pong right back to you: "Your assertion is a prime example of how perceptions can be detached from realities."

Which is right?

Again, maybe you are, but all I know is that I feel pretty comfortable when--not just one or a few--but MANY numbers line up in support of the conclusion I reached. In fact, I let the evidence take me there. I didn't start out with that presumption, but it just began to emerge as I studied the various stats at 82games for us.

I know you have and I don't disagree with the raw numbers, I disagree with the situation and the context.

Thabo rates on his stats as a plus defender who is limited offensive player and this is the guy some of our guys want to start. Not only that but the guy is currently in a boot and might not be back till December and he will missed the off-season. Add to the fact that he's a below average shooter on a by-committee offense and you have signs of failure. Our offensive system isn't dog whisper fellas. Thabo similar stats in Atlanta to his numbers in OKC say it all. You can't say well OKC isn't good. They had a better record than Atlanta every year he's been in OKC outside of his first season there.

Edited by NBASupes

One of the big reasons we need to add another wing is health. Yes, Chandler has missed a bunch of games recently, and that is worth a pause*.  But, we have a problem with health of the wings proposed as starters right now. Kyle is having 2 operations at age 34. Thabo is having major surgery on his lower leg. I seriously doubt these guys will be at full health when the season begins let alone training camp when a lot of the chemistry is built.  

Bottom line: Another wing needs to be added to the club that can play solid defense. Mike Scott isnt the solution going forward. Thus, Chandler seems like a very nice fit. There are probably other SFs out there that would also fit the bill, but Chandler, when healthy is a very good team defender and can score. 

*However, did those games played include the time Chandler was in China? I think he had to miss 1/2 an NBA season or maybe the first 3rd just after the lockout. 

• Premium Member

One of the big reasons we need to add another wing is health. Yes, Chandler has missed a bunch of games recently, and that is worth a pause*.  But, we have a problem with health of the wings proposed as starters right now. Kyle is having 2 operations at age 34. Thabo is having major surgery on his lower leg. I seriously doubt these guys will be at full health when the season begins let alone training camp when a lot of the chemistry is built.  

Bottom line: Another wing needs to be added to the club that can play solid defense. Mike Scott isnt the solution going forward. Thus, Chandler seems like a very nice fit. There are probably other SFs out there that would also fit the bill, but Chandler, when healthy is a very good team defender and can score. 

*However, did those games played include the time Chandler was in China? I think he had to miss 1/2 an NBA season or maybe the first 3rd just after the lockout. 

Nice pick-up. I'd forgotten about that. I looked it up, and it's actually both...

The NBA season began after Christmas, and he played in China until his return in mid-March. He played 7 games, and got hurt, and was out through the rest of the regular season and the playoffs. He did attempt a return in one game, but was pulled after 7 minutes.

So, yeah... the actual numbers ought to reflect that... but given that you're raising the (legitimate) issue of having healthy guys worthy of starters minutes, the point remains that Chandler is an answer, but not a perfect answer. Still, he's an option worthy of strong consideration. Fwiw (nothing), I'm also debating with myself how much weight to assign starting the season full-strength versus having some reliables deeper in the depth chart as the season wears on.

I'd love to snag him, but I'm against giving up a first. Can't we give them the Doninique statue or something? He and THJr are good enough handlers to account for Mack leaving, Scott is expendable IMO.

We're paying an All-Rookie Teamer less than a rookie (correct?), we (Danny) moved Joe's contract when it seemed impossible. What's one last shrewd GM maneuver to cement us as the deepest and most complete team in the East?

Yall realize the projected starting lineups for Milwaukee and Miami? Them shits is frightening. We can't be lacking on the wing when there's a solid 2-way player with fluid athleticism and an exceptional build of 6'8", 225.

Edited by benhillboy