• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Justin Holiday signed by hawks

GrimeyKidd

This guy will probably be marginally better at best. He is 6'6 and 185 pounds. Not very impressive for a SF.

6'7 via the combine. He needs at least 15 more pounds. I wish he had Jrue's frame.

Edited by NBASupes

According to hia combine he is 6'7 in shoes. And a legit SG/SF tweener. He is light but has a great wingspan that will help him guard taller players and athleticism to go along with his frame. Think a 2 inch taller Bazemore with less hops and better BBall skills

Edited by RedDawg#8

According to his combine he is 6'7 in shoes and a legit SG/SF tweener. He is light but has a great wingspan that will help him guard taller players and athleticism to go along with his frame. Think a 2 inch taller Bazemore with less hops and better BBall skills

This is either a flop or crazy genius move by Bud, I don't see how it can fall anywhere in between. The link posted earlier about his D, metrics, and BBIQ is very intriguing though, something Bud apparently looked at and caught his eye. Does seem that Bud is trying to pull a rabbit out of the hat with overlooked "potential" guys like THJr and Holiday. He did it with DMC, and was the one who saw Leonard's potential. So I'll trust him, he's earned it. I've just been hoping for a trade for a quality starter like Chandler, which is still a possibility by the deadline, I suppose. Anyone else pick up on the fact that Holiday comes from nearly the same type of system the Hawks already run?

• Like 1

You gotta feel for Lamar Patterson, though. Highly doubtful he has a spot on this roster now. Perhaps if we dump Daye, which is likely. But even then, we've already got two big project wings we're working on in Hardaway and now Holiday; and also are still developing Bazemore who has a bright future. A 4th young wing is probably too much youth to try and find minutes for on a good roster. 

BTW - Once again, another signing by the Hawks that not one single media member had an inkling of before it was announced. Since Ferry, Bud and Wilcox have gotten here has there been one single true rumor about anyone we've been linked too before they signed? I think it's time we realized any rumors we here about the Hawks are most likely media B.S.

Edited by RandomFan

According to hia combine he is 6'7 in shoes. And a legit SG/SF tweener. He is light but has a great wingspan that will help him guard taller players and athleticism to go along with his frame. Think a 2 inch taller Bazemore with less hops and better BBall skills

Baze has more skills but Holiday game fits our system.

• Like 2

I'm still trying to figure out how we signed him?

The cap has been released at 70m but splitter contract should take all the cap space up available after saps deal. Then we signed Edy....I just don't get how all this is working out and who the hell has been shipped out to make it work?

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

The cap has been released at 70m but splitter contract should take all the cap space up available after saps deal. Then we signed Edy....I just don't get how all this is working out and who the hell has been shipped out to make it work?

Can sign anyone to vet minimum. What made it attractive is that we guaranteed for 2 years evidently.

Budcox might not be in over their heads after all, contract/trade/negotiating wise. I know some were prematurely claiming they were, but doesn't seem like it's going to be the case. Showing some savvy...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Vet minimum deals can be signed whenever.

As others have said, vet min deals can be signed even if you have no cap room. We'd have to wait until everyone else is signed before signing him. But another scenario would be to use part, or all of our $2.8m Room exception to sign him.