• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Gotta Love Al Horford

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford was in Los Angeles last week taking part in individual workouts with Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder and Anthony Davis of the New Orleans Pelicans.

The Hawks' website posted a photo gallery of Horford during his sessions as he looks to get ready for the upcoming season.

On his Twitter account last week, Horford announced (in Spanish) that he won't be representing the Dominican Republic in next month's FIBA Americas tournament. In a translation of his tweet transcribed by Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Horford said he decided not to participate in the tournament "in an effort to better concentrate on improving my game and better focus on my full recovery after this long last season."

Horford averaged 15.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game during an All-Star campaign for the Hawks in 2014-15.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Al is our franchise.  So many people seem not to get this.

I love Al and all, but the "franchise" stood by and did nothing while the team got swept. That elimination game performance was inexcusable. That's not acceptable by ANY standard for a franchise player. I hope he's using that as fuel for the upcoming season becasue the Hawks absolutely need him to be the guy many here says he is to have any chance at contending.

• Like 1

I love Al and all, but the "franchise" stood by and did nothing while the team got swept. That elimination game performance was inexcusable. That's not acceptable by ANY standard for a franchise player. I hope he's using that as fuel for the upcoming season becasue the Hawks absolutely need him to be the guy many here says he is to have any chance at contending.

In all fairness to Al, I doubt Michael Jordan could have made a difference in that elimination game. Ok, maybe Michael, but not many. The entire team stunk.

• Premium Member

In all fairness to Al, I doubt Michael Jordan could have made a difference in that elimination game. Ok, maybe Michael, but not many. The entire team stunk.

That's true. But I really wanted to see more leadership out of Al during that series and especially during the elimination game. Joe would've gotten killed here if he ended the season like that. I expected the Hawks to go down fighting with Horf leading the charge and pretty much saw the opposite of that happen. I know the Hawks were overmatched but you still shouldn't just quit.

• Like 1

Al is arguably the best barometer for the team, most of us agree the team has gotten a little better. I'm definately looking forward to an earn-your-max year for Boss. 20 and 10, thank you, come again.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Al is arguably the best barometer for the team, most of us agree the team has gotten a little better. I'm definately looking forward to an earn-your-max year for Boss. 20 and 10, thank you, come again.

Take that Horford Haters!!

Atlanta Hawks star Al Horford of the Dominican Republic will take part when a Basketball without Borders camp goes to his home country for the first time. He took to Twitter to say that it will be a “privilege” to participate in the camp. 

– via ESPN.com

Dominican Republic, Al Horford,

If the Hawks won't give him the max, somebody else will. Not too many teams will pass on a 3 time All-Star center that can stretch the floor. 

Chris Vivlamore: Al Horford, entering final year of his contract, says he will wait until after season to discuss any new deal. Wants focus on season. 

– via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

No Surprise.

Chris Vivlamore: Al Horford, entering final year of his contract, says he will wait until after season to discuss any new deal. Wants focus on season.

– via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

No Surprise.

HE WANTS JEWERLY BEFORE CONTRACT TALKS...

MY MAN!

Sorry about the caps I get excited...:-)

HE WANTS JEWERLY BEFORE CONTRACT TALKS...

MY MAN!

Sorry about the caps I get excited...:-)

Yeah, found footage of you when the Hawks drafted Horf.

dafoe.gif

(Have fun with your nightmares after seeing that.)