• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Gotta Love Al Horford

Peoriabird

Yeah, found footage of you when the Hawks drafted Horf.

dafoe.gif

(Have fun with your nightmares after seeing that.)

Look what the cat dragged in. Lol ...was wondering where you were hiding.

Look what the cat dragged in. Lol ...was wondering where you were hiding.

Eh, I've been around.  Not much going on Hawks-wise.

I did hear a bit of Al being interviewed while in the Dominican participating in the Basketball w/o Borders thing.  He's a really good rep for the league and our franchise.  Not sure why most wanted him traded/amnestied.  I might've been one of those but there's no proof out there so I'll just deny it.

Darvin Ham was interviewed as well.  Sounds like a good guy although he still identifies himself as a member of the "Pistons-mafia" as opposed to the Spurs Mafia being assembled here.

Bobby Marks: Maximum amount for Horford if he signs extension, $12.9,$13.8,$14.7,

Starting max for 2016-17 projected to be $25m for 7-9 years of service. 

– via Twitter BobbyMarks42

Free Agency, Al Horford, Atlanta Hawks

Bobby Marks: Maximum amount for Horford if he signs extension, $12.9,$13.8,$14.7,

– via Twitter BobbyMarks42

Free Agency, Al Horford, Atlanta Hawks

Sheesh.

Bobby Marks: Maximum amount for Horford if he signs extension, $12.9,$13.8,$14.7,

– via Twitter BobbyMarks42

Free Agency, Al Horford, Atlanta Hawks

Bobby (still missing the) Marks here.

The actual max amounts would be:

2015--16: $12,000,000 [reference point]

2016--17: $12,900,000 [extension can start at 107.5% of last Salary]

2017--18: $13,867,500 [7.5% raises off of $12,900,000 would be a $967,500 increase]

2018--19: $14,835,000

That guy is probably very friendly and social and well liked and good with the media and other "intangibles." But, he's not very smart. I wouldn't take any advice from him. Remember, he was a part of the crew that didn't understand the salary cap and gave Mirza Television the nontaxpayer MLE after they flew by the tax with the Joe trade plus Deron. The Nets had to convince Teletubbie to take a ~$2m per year pay cut because they didn't know the exceptions they had. That's second only to the time the Raptors signed Matt Barnes with their MLE that they never had....whoops.

Edited by hawksfanatic

Bobby (still missing the) Marks here.

The actual max amounts would be:

2015--16: $12,000,000 [reference point]

2016--17: $12,900,000 [extension can start at 107.5% of last Salary]

2017--18: $13,867,500 [7.5% raises off of $12,900,000 would be a $967,500 increase]

2018--19: $14,835,000

That guy is probably very friendly and social and well liked and good with the media and other "intangibles." But, he's not very smart. I wouldn't take any advice from him. Remember, he was a part of the crew that didn't understand the salary cap and gave Mirza Television the nontaxpayer MLE after they flew by the tax with the Joe trade plus Deron. The Nets had to convince Teletubbie to take a ~$2m per year pay cut because they didn't know the exceptions they had. That's second only to the time the Raptors signed Matt Barnes with their MLE that they never had....whoops.

Uuuummmmm.... I'm confused, isn't the extension numbers he listed for a 3 year extension the same as yours?

I assumed the $25 million would be when Al becomes a free agent as opposed to signing an extension this season.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Uuuummmmm.... I'm confused, isn't the extension numbers he listed for a 3 year extension the same as yours?

He lists: $12.9, $13.8, $14.7.

Actually: $12.9, $13.9, $14.8 (when you round correctly).

So either he doesn't know how to round, or he done screwed up and probably thought that Al is limited to raises of 7.5% off of $12 million. And what do you know, 7.5% of $12 million is $900,000 and his numbers go up by that amount. In actuality, the raises after the 1st year in the extension should be $967,500 (which is 7.5% of $12,900,000).

Honestly, him not knowing how to round, him making an arithmetic error in calculating raises, or him not knowing the CBA all point to the same thing. The guy isn't smart.

I assumed the $25 million would be when Al becomes a free agent as opposed to signing an extension this season.

Yeah, no chance Al signs an extension because his max will be somewhere around $25 million next season. The most he can get in an extension would start at half of that. This non-story is pretty much based off of nothing else to report this time of the year.

Edited by hawksfanatic

He lists: $12.9, $13.8, $14.7.

Actually: $12.9, $13.9, $14.8 (when you round correctly).

So either he doesn't know how to round, or he done screwed up and probably thought that Al is limited to raises of 7.5% off of $12 million. And what do you know, 7.5% of $12 million is $900,000 and his numbers go up by that amount. In actuality, the raises after the 1st year in the extension should be $967,500 (which is 7.5% of $12,900,000).

Honestly, him not knowing how to round, him making an arithmetic error in calculating raises, or him not knowing the CBA all point to the same thing. The guy isn't smart.

Yeah, no chance Al signs an extension because his max will be somewhere around $25 million next season. The most he can get in an extension would start at half of that. This non-story is pretty much based off of nothing else to report this time of the year.

When it comes to FA, Hawks are pretty secretive. It'll be interesting to see if rumors pop up of him, KD, etc. teaming up throughout the year.