J Won't Get Rich Off This Deal

lethalweapon3

He seems to have left a great impression on the Philly fans despite the injuries. Could turn out to be a decent pickup.

Dude plays his heart out for sure. Maximizes talent through effort. Solid all around vet for younger guys to be around, specially a guy like Baze.

If he gives 3 minutes of dominance in a playoff game like TMac did then it's well worth the potential signing. If he bitches about someone getting more PT over his decrepit ass like TMac did then it's not worth the signing.

LOL. T-Mac was on track to be a Hawks playoff legend ( at least for one game ), had he'd been able to sustain that level of play.

Having J-Rich on the team is a nice insurance policy in case young guys like Tim Jr and Bazemore falter.

This isn't a terrible pick up. I think J Rich can provide the hawks with veteran leadership, a great work ethic, shoot a high percentage on his 3 pointers, and play solid defense in limited minutes and maybe sometimes create a spark.

He has a lot more left in the tank unlike Brand did and if he makes the team, he's going to get minutes at either SG or SF….not a ton but he will play and be good insurance in case of injury.

***I wouldn't be shocked to see him get more minutes than someone like Holiday but thats just my opinion. Not that Holiday isn't a decent player but I can see a vet like J Rich beating out some of these young guys in training camp and just looking better than them or understanding the team concept quicker than them.

• Like 1

***I wouldn't be shocked to see him get more minutes than someone like Holiday but thats just my opinion. Not that Holiday isn't a decent player but I can see a vet like J Rich beating out some of these young guys in training camp and just looking better than them or understanding the team concept quicker than them.

I agree. I think he easily jumps over guys like Holiday, Patterson and Petteway on the depth chart. But I still see Hardaway and Baze getting first dibs on backup minutes at the wings. He can be our older better shooting version of Iggy for GS

I agree. I think he easily jumps over guys like Holiday, Patterson and Petteway on the depth chart. But I still see Hardaway and Baze getting first dibs on backup minutes at the wings. He can be our older better shooting version of Iggy for GS

Let's not get carried away here.

• Like 3

I just wish we had another option like him for our front court rotation especially with Scotts situation looming. After two seasons of limited depth we have over saturated the wig position this offseason. Now its time to bring in an insurance Big

Let's not get carried away here.

Get carried away with what?...he stated that J Rich is a better shooter than Iggy. That's a true statement and he's always been a better shooter than iggy. However iggy is of course the better defender and is more athletic at this stage in their careers.

I would say in the past that j rich has never really been more athletic but was close enough to Iggy to make an argument but there's no argument when it comes to shooting (3s anyways) as J Rich has shown throughout his whole career that's he's the better shooter

Free throws they are the same. J Rich slightly better.

A nice signing. We know he won't play much. Should prove valuable to regardless.

All depends on the game situation. J Rich isn't someone that just absolutely shouldn't be on the court like Pero, Brand, or Jenkins...he's older but not a terrible player that can't find some minutes here and there.

I know you aren't saying he's not going to play...I'm just saying I think he's savy enough to steal enough minutes where he can become a regular rotational player. But I'm not talking any huge minutes just somewhere between 15-19 minutes on a average isn't out of the question.

Get carried away with what?...he stated that J Rich is a better shooter than Iggy. That's a true statement and he's always been a better shooter than iggy. However iggy is of course the better defender and is more athletic at this stage in their careers.

I would say in the past that j rich has never really been more athletic but was close enough to Iggy to make an argument but there's no argument when it comes to shooting (3s anyways) as J Rich has shown throughout his whole career that's he's the better shooter

Free throws they are the same. J Rich slightly better.

Richardson and Iggy have nothing in common. Iggy can run an offense, Jason Richardson cannot. Iggy can lock down the opposing team's best scorer, Jason Richardson cannot. Now I'm not saying this isn't a good signing for us, but to say that Jason Richardson will bring the same impact as Iggy did for the Warriors is completely asinine.

Edited by ATLHawks3

Richardson and Iggy have nothing in common. Iggy can run an offense, Jason Richardson cannot. Iggy can lock down the opposing team's best scorer, Jason Richardson cannot. Now I'm not saying this isn't a good signing for us, but to say that Jason Richardson will bring the same impact as Iggy did for the Warriors is completely asinine.

Are you confused? I said J Rich was a better shooter that's it.

Everything else your stating I already said.

You said not to get carried away about J Rich shooting. I'm telling you that J Rich is indeed a better shooter than Iggy is.

I never said anything about J Rich bringing the same impact as Iggy. Again I'm informing you that J Rich is a better shooter than Iggy is.

@RedDawg#8 said Iggy can be our better SHOOTING version of Iggy....from that I assumed he's stating that we had a vet that can actually shoot well unlike Iggy.

Edited by JTB

Are you confused? I said J Rich was a better shooter that's it.

Everything else your stating I already said.

You said not to get carried away about J Rich shooting. I'm telling you that J Rich is indeed a better shooter than Iggy is.

I never said anything about J Rich bringing the same impact as Iggy. Again I'm informing you that J Rich is a better shooter than Iggy is.

Ok, but it didn't make sense for him to bring up a guy like Iggy when they have nothing in common at this point in their careers. If he had said a better shooting Kent Bazemore, I would've kept scrolling.

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 1

Ok, but it didn't make sense for him to bring up a guy like Iggy when they have nothing in common at this point in their careers. If he had said a better shooting Kent Bazemore, I would've kept scrolling.

We obviously assumed different things...when he brought up iggy I assumed he was just comparing that they were both wing veterans, not that they play the same way. So I was assuming that he was saying hey this is a good signing because we now have a wing vet like the Warriors except ours is a shooting wing vet.

But you know what I may have it wrong from what he actually meant so my bad

• Like 1

We obviously assumed different things...when he brought up iggy I assumed he was just comparing that they were both wing veterans, not that they play the same way. So I was assuming that he was saying hey this is a good signing because we now have a wing vet like the Warriors except ours is a shooting wing vet.

But you know what I may have it wrong from what he actually meant so my bad

Yeah it's all good. I still like the signing.

Well I know he isnt the same dunker he used to be but yes I was saying he could be our vet high flyer with a jumpshot who could bring toughness and leadership a la Iggy who we all know is much younger.....bad comparison but whatever I was watching JRich highlights (from the early 2000's mind you) and I got a little geeked up.

• Like 1

Awesome news. Instantly becomes one of the best players on the current team!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing Zaza isn't here anymore too. They don't get along that well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

For those of you that thought Tayshaun Prince was done...Well, explain this one!

Hawks Sign Jason Richardson

Aug 18, 2015 8:14 PM

Richardson_Jason_orl_110113.jpg

The Atlanta Hawks have signed guard/forward Jason Richardson.

A 13-year NBA veteran, Richardson has played in 857 career regular season games (842 starts) with Golden State, Phoenix, Orlando, Charlotte and Philadelphia, averaging 17.1 points, 5.0 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.2 steals in 34.1 minutes.

In 37 postseason games, he has put in 17.1 points, 5.4 rebounds, 1.4 assists and 1.1 steals in 34.1 minutes.

In 19 games last season with the 76ers, Richardson averaged 9.1 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 21.9 minutes.

Edited by Peoriabird