• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

New Court unveil Oct 3rd at Open Practice

@Spud2Nique That's between you and @kg01

Sorry for the delayed reaction but I couldn't tell if I was like ...

leowtf.gif

Or like ...

wthbs.gif

Ha...my hubby doesn't ______.

And this was just ...

saywha.gif

Season can't start soon enough.  In the meantime, I'm just gonna be watchin' this for a while ...

dgylg.gif

{Yeah, gurl.}

• Admin

CQUXKkEWcAEPPCf.jpg

I wasn't suer about the court when i saw the video game pics but now I see the real thing with the black chairs and it looks great.  The floor really stands out and I now love the red (I originally wanted the lanes to be black) as does the Volt coloring 

I wasn't suer about the court when i saw the video game pics but now I see the real thing with the black chairs and it looks great.  The floor really stands out and I now love the red (I originally wanted the lanes to be black) as does the Volt coloring 

Just imagine this arena during playoff time. Do I sense a volt-out?

• Moderators

I liked the floor, it looks even better on the TV screens. I do hope the triangle pattern doesn't create any optical illusions.

As expected, the core returning players looked comfortable playing with and defending one other. Teague made excellent passes off drives. Schröder was his usual gung-ho self, and Mack was off-target with his passes but nothing that isn't correctable.

Sap and Horf were Sap and Horf. Just about everyone seemed to be in excellent condition.

Korver and Sefolosha are just getting their legs back and it showed at times, but there's plenty of time to knock off the rust.

I forgot to focus in on Mike Scott on D, but players generally seemed to rotate well.

I was particularly pleased with the effort from Holiday, Hardaway, and the returning Bazemore and Sefolosha, particularly Holiday and Bazemore's hustle on defense.

Tavares' ability to snag rebounds and alter shots without leaving his feet is tantalizing. It'll take time to get him in the full flow of the offense, but down the road he and Splitter will allow Horford to slide over to the four more comfortably. Splitter made at least one nice pass and looks like he'll fit right in.

As usual, none of the bigs were gunshy about taking open shots around the perimeter.

Petteway will continue to be fun to watch this month.

~lw3

• Like 3

The Atlanta Hawks held their annual Open Practice Saturday.  Here are 5 things to take away from the action:

1)  Al Horford and Paul Millsap are still the heartbeat of the team

Horford looked great early and didn't play much late in the scrimmages.  He led all Hawks with 15 points and 7 rebounds on 6-12 shooting.  Millsap also played well, scoring 11 points and grabbing 6 boards.  The Hawks have no worries on the front line.

2)  Kyle Korver and Thabo Sefolosha moved well

Both Korver and Sefolosha spent the summer rehabbing from various leg injuries.  Both players' minutes were monitored closely Saturday but neither appeared to show signs of limited mobility.  There's still some rust on both of their shots, but that should wear off with more time in the gym this month.

3)  Tim Hardaway Jr. and Justin Holiday can both shoot

The two wing acquisions both showed that they can help the team offensively.  Hardaway went 4-7 and Holiday went 4-6, including 3-3 from three.  

4)  Lamar Patterson once again proved his worth defensively

Patterson has a leg up on the rest of the Training Camp invites because he's had 2 years to familiarize himself with Coach Bud's system.  But as we saw in Summer League, his biggest impact on the game Saturday was defensively, where he had 4 steals and several other deflections.

5)  No one should jump to any conclusions based on practice

For all the talk about what happened Saturday, fans must remember that it's still the first week of the season.  Nothing should be polished yet, and the team has a ways to go, but there were a lot of good signs Saturday that the team is moving in a good direction early in the season.

Story by Jaryd Wilson

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/5-takeaways-hawks-open-practice

Edited by JayBirdHawk