• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Wounded Hawks ready to Soar

The injuries issues that helped sink the Atlanta Hawks’ 60-win season in the Eastern Conference finals won’t necessarily be the talk of training camp in Atlanta.

The three players with the biggest question marks heading into this season — All-Star Kyle Korver, Thabo Sefolosha and Shelvin Mack — have all been cleared for basketball activities, according to a report from Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Of course, there are “differing degrees,” those are Hawks’ coach Mike Budenholzer‘s words, for each player since each one had their own specific injuries. More from the AJC:

“I would say, to differing degrees, they are doing basketball activities now,” Budenholzer said Monday. “Whether it’s some 2-on-2 or 3-on-3 between now and camp there is the potential for some 5-on-5 in a limited kind of way. But shooting, working out and doing those types of things, they are making good progress.”

Sefolosha had the most serious injury as he suffered a broken right fibula and ligament damage in April in an incident with police outside a New York nightclub. He has surgery and missed the rest of the regular season and playoffs. A trial in the case is scheduled to begin during training camp on Oct. 5.

Korver had right ankle surgery after being injured during the Eastern Conference finals. He subsequently had surgery to remove loose bodies from his right elbow.

Mack had surgery on his right shoulder after being injured in the final game of the conference finals. He suffered a separation and some ligament damage.

Budenholzer made it clear that there will be no rushing any of the healing Hawks in training camp or the preseason, which kicks off next week.

The Hawks finished last season with the best record in the Eastern Conference and owned home court advantage throughout their run to the Eastern Conference finals, where a group decimated by injuries fell to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/09/21/wounded-hawks-cleared-for-basketball-activities/

Edited by JayBirdHawk

This is great news!

It will be wonderful to finally have something to talk about with action.  It may be

just training camp and who is doing what, but there will be action.  We've watched

as the summer pro teams from Atlanta, the Braves and the Dream have both had

sub - par seasons.

Winter time sports, the Falcons and Hawks give us renewed hope.  The Falcons have

opened their season with a 2-0 record.  Can the Hawks season be far behind?

Injured Hawks healing nicely and so many new Hawks to get reports on as they seek

to make the team and fit in with what is already here.

wild.gif

• Moderators

I'm glad to finally hear how those guys are doing.   The silence on their progress has been disturbing.    I'm guessing Thabo is probably not ready to opening night but that's ok.   I wonder what Korver did to stay in shape.   You know he was't just sitting around.

• Moderators

I knew they would be ok....I think we will have a fully healthy team sometime early season maybe by atleast game 10 of 82

Ligament damage for Thabo sounds pretty serious.   Lateral quickness is pretty much what's keeping him in the league so i hope it doesn't impact him that way.    Korver's is scary too because of his age and his the way he shoots.   Even though no one would describe Kyle as explosive his jumper relies on getting to the spot and getting up there out of reach quickly.   Anyway.  Great news so far.