• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Going to Atlanta for my first game at Philips!

Admin

• Moderators

So what are you saying????

Marvin Williams obsessions...

UK/Miami Dolphin avatars...

Al Horford > Karl Malone....

kg01/Spud2Nique bromances...

We are a dangerous brand of internet thug on here.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Seems everybody suggests World of Coke and the aquarium to people coming to town... Centennial Park is cool and so is Fernbank and the the High museum.

For beers before the game, Hudson Grille or TacoMac although there are a lot of cool bars all over Atlanta.

Oh, and I can confirm that 117 is behind the Hawks bench. And the new jerseys don't go on sale to the public until end of October. There was a presale going on through Adidas tho.

I might just come out and watch the Hawks play that night!

• Like 2

My gf bought me (and her damn!) a surprise trip to Atlanta for the weekend to see us beat down on @MaceCase's Whiz on Nov 6th. We are staying at the Omni hotel right there at the arena and spending all day Friday and all day Saturday before the game doing stuff around Atlanta. Besides @kg01's sister, anyone have any suggestions for fun things to do while we are there?

Would be cool if any of you are going to be at that game. We are in section 117 row Q (I believe). She was told that section is behind the Hawks bench but I'm not sure if that's the case as I haven't confirmed yet.

The surprise was pretty cool she got her nails painted Hawks colors and got me some stuff from the Hawks shop including a sweet Hawks watch... Interestingly there was no volt green on any of the stuff though.

Been swamped with new job at work, life, house buying, blah blah blah lately but I'm getting breathing room to get back on here and be active active again. Thanks to our great mods and peeps for keeping it classy around here. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1443544611.418575.jpg

Go to Centennial Park.

Ride the streetcar - it's free and takes you a little bit around the city.

Eat at Hudson Grille - they got some cool Hawks stuff in there.

Be sure to check out Groupon, they usually have stuff you can do downtown cheaper.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I moved back to Atlanta recently and everyone that said Uber is right. Even take it to and from the airport, it won't be expensive. I've used Uber other places but it really is great in Atlanta because most everything is around 5-7 dollars tops.

I hope you have a good time! I'm excited to be back in Atlanta so I have the option of seeing 41 games instead of the 1 or 2 played in Michigan.

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome back.  

The Glenn hotel right next to cnn center has a rooftop bar that supposed to be pretty great.   the Tabernacle is a great concert venue if there is someone good there that weekend.  

Rooftop at The Glenn is a must, Tabernacle is the greatest music venue in the country, and there may be ice skating in Centennial Park by 11/6. All within walking distance of Phillips. Thrive is a great restaurant right there too, and Stats Sports Bar beside Phillips has a great roof with pour your own draft. SkyView ferris wheel is right there at Tabernacle too. You'll be at ground central, everywhere you turn will be something cool to do...

• Like 1

My gf bought me (and her damn!) a surprise trip to Atlanta for the weekend to see us beat down on @MaceCase's Whiz on Nov 6th. We are staying at the Omni hotel right there at the arena and spending all day Friday and all day Saturday before the game doing stuff around Atlanta. Besides @kg01's sister, anyone have any suggestions for fun things to do while we are there?

Would be cool if any of you are going to be at that game. We are in section 117 row Q (I believe). She was told that section is behind the Hawks bench but I'm not sure if that's the case as I haven't confirmed yet.

The surprise was pretty cool she got her nails painted Hawks colors and got me some stuff from the Hawks shop including a sweet Hawks watch... Interestingly there was no volt green on any of the stuff though.

Been swamped with new job at work, life, house buying, blah blah blah lately but I'm getting breathing room to get back on here and be active active again. Thanks to our great mods and peeps for keeping it classy around here. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443544611.418575.jpg

That's awesome! (You need something to take your mind off those Dolphins.) Say "Hey" to the A for me.

• Like 1

Taco Mac has all the beer you could want, but the food ain't that great. Not bad, but there's better food in the ATL. What you into? Atlanta's got a little bit of everything.

Good call on the Tabernacle.

We're into pretty much all sorts of food and not picky. Not looking to make it a 4/5 star meal or anything like that but not looking for Rumple Tacos either. 

Lots of great info in this thread... thank you guys and gal(s). 

Wow - Awesome that you will be coming to town. 

A few things I've not seen mentioned:

SkyView Ferris Wheel - you can see it easily from Phillips Arena, very short walk.  Good view of the Atlanta skyline. 

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60898-d4588818-Reviews-SKYVIEW_Atlanta-Atlanta_Georgia.html

CNN Tour - Interesting, and right next to Phillips Arena.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60898-d108697-Reviews-CNN_Center_Inside_CNN_Studio_Tour-Atlanta_Georgia.html

If you are a fan of "The Walking Dead" Atlanta Movie Tour which has a Walking Dead Tour

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60898-d2646993-r139489978-Atlanta_Movie_Tours-Atlanta_Georgia.html

BTW - I don't recall seeing anyone post that MARTA will take you right to Phillips Arena from the airport for $5.00 round trip, and there are plenty of hotels very nearby.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...