• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Questions for the upcoming season

Wurider05

1. Can we get a a double double from Splitter?

2. How good can we be if we can get 30 rebounds a night from Milsap/Horford/Splitter?

3. Are we limiting Milsap's effectiveness by  having him play the 3?

4. Should Korver start?

5. What can we expect from Tim Hardaway Jr.?

• Premium Member

1. He won't average a double double, but he should help on the boards.

2. That would be amazing, but nothing suggests any of those guys will average double figure rebounds.

3. Millsap won't play much at the 3, maybe not at all. The only way he plays there is if there are injuries to multiple wing players.

4. He will, but the hope is one of the other guys will be good enough to get that spot sooner than later.

5. Who knows, but the guy has talent. Here's what Bob has to say about the team and new guys...

• Premium Member

• Admin

2. How good can we be if we can get 30 rebounds a night from Milsap/Horford/Splitter?

3. Are we limiting Milsap's effectiveness by having him play the 3?

4. Should Korver start?

1. Splitter will get about 20 mins ... So not even close

2. Al might be the only one who sniffs double figure rebounds

3. Milsap is our 4, I don't see him playing much more then limited mins at 3 if at all

4. Absolutely ... He is key to our spacing ... Without spacing we don't win with this offense

5. Away from that mess in ny ... More consistent shooting ... He doesn't play d so that could effect his pt

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 2

I wonder are the Hawks looking for Splitter to be their long-term backup big for the next couple of years or is he just a placeholder as Tavares adjusts to the NBA.

I could imagine with the number of teams paying big money for centers, Hawks are going to have to make a decision whether he is worth it financially to keep him, especially when they probably got to pay Al $100+ mil next summer. 

Yes, he is there and I guess it will be until the drug test results emerge and he has his court date.  He admitted to it so he is goign to go away for a long time. 

I just understand why the Hawks wouldn't tell him to stay away until things are concluded one way or the other.

I just understand why the Hawks wouldn't tell him to stay away until things are concluded one way or the other.

So should Bud stay away too? His DUI occurred 2 years ago and the Oct 6th or 8th court date is being delayed again.

They have him under contract, he is healthy, he has not been convicted yet ... 

So should Bud stay away too? His DUI occurred 2 years ago and the Oct 6th or 8th court date is being delayed again.

They have him under contract, he is healthy, he has not been convicted yet ... 

Difference is Bud is facing a misdemeanor and plead not guilty.  Scott admitted to at least 2 felonies.   Looking at the sports landscape that is when a team tells a player to stay away.  

Difference is Bud is facing a misdemeanor and plead not guilty.  Scott admitted to at least 2 felonies.   Looking at the sports landscape that is when a team tells a player to stay away.  

Scott has not had his day in court and has not plead guilty.  When that occurs it will be dealt with.

4. Should Korver start?

1. No 

2. If that happens, we would be great just not possible.  Al and Paul combined for 15 rpg.  

3. Millsap is not the starting SF he is the PF.  When Bud chooses to go big he can play SF for spot minutes.

How about small back court with Teague and Dennis but a big front court with Millsap, Horford and Splitter.  (I love the flexibility of this team)

4. Yes, Korver should start but I think he will see his minutes reduced.

5. He is exactly what we needed a shooter and also a slasher on the wing.  His defense will dictate his minutes.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Yes, he is there and I guess it will be until the drug test results emerge and he has his court date. He admitted to it so he is goign to go away for a long time.

Kaitlyn (bruce) Jenner just got off for directly causing the death of a person and it was caught on video. Jon Jones just got 18 months probation for crashing in to a pregnant woman and breaking her arm. He ran from the scene and then came back and grabbed a stack of cash and ran again. He aleady had a previous dui. Money pays in the U.S. court system and Mike has plenty of it.

• Admin

Kaitlyn (bruce) Jenner just got off for directly causing the death of a person and it was caught on video. Jon Jones just got 18 months probation for crashing in to a pregnant woman and breaking her arm. He ran from the scene and then came back and grabbed a stack of cash and ran again. He aleady had a previous dui. Money pays in the U.S. court system and Mike has plenty of it.

if he gets off ... We have backup pf again

• Premium Member

@hawksfanatic will take me to task on this, but for my part, I'm persuaded that the danger of Scott being suspended due to drugs in his system (ie, on the day of his arrest) has long passed. If they didn't have the third-party agency test him then, then the whole CBA language addressing that area is a joke. I think they tested him because I assume they have some integrity. And I don't pretend to be an expert on drug testing, but having had a relative convicted on a drug charge and who had to get tested periodically as part of his probation, I'm feeling pretty confident that we can conclude the results of that assumed testing long ago came back, and that it came back negative.

So, yeah... I won't rule out that I've possibly missed something in the equation, but based on what we know and what I think are reasonable assumptions, Scott's future rides on how the criminal proceedings, um, proceed. I'm one of those who still thinks we may hear Scott recant his confession, and plead not guilty.

But HERE'S my Mike Scott question... and it's one that needs no conjecture at all...

Has anyone seen photos or video (admittedly I haven't yet scoured the internet to see) that suggest Scott lost any weight?

My theory going into the off-season, based largely on what he said in his exit interview before the summer, was that he probably had been encouraged to cut some pounds so they could see if he could get some minutes at SF.

• Like 1

4. Should Korver start?

1) Not in the 20mins/night he'll be getting

2) Champs, but we won't get that many from them

3) Somewhat, but he'll only see limited mins at 3 in the VLL (Very Large Lineup)

4) Yes

5) Craw/Lou type of instant offense and improved D (hanging out with Threezus, Sef, and Blaze)