• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

• Moderators

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-justin-holiday-may-be-hawks-latest-steal/

~lw3

A very underrated signing. We have a four-way fight going on for the starting small forward spot with Sefolosha, Holiday, Hardaway, and Bazemore. Each one of these guys will have to come into the game balling out in order to keep from being glued to the bench by the depth in that position.

The experts can say what they want but our team has a deep bench. Between the three left on the bench at the wing position, Scott, Schoeder, Moose, Splitter, and Edy potentially being more ready than most of us thought, I'm trying to figure out how Bud is going to fit all of these guys in. There aren't too many teams who have that 'problem'...

• Premium Member

I liked what I saw from him last night. The battle for starting SF is probably the most interesting thing going on this preseason. I think somebody not named Sefolosha gets it. Mainly so he can come in and help the second unit out with his experience. Sef will probably be the guy closing out games for us though if he's healthy.

• Like 1

I always felt that THjr was a 2 guard.

I think he should be our "instant offense" off the bench.  I'm ok with the starting unit being: Teague, Korver, Bazemore, Millsap and Horford with a second unit of Schröder, Hardaway Jr, Sefalosha, Muscala (or Scott), and Splitter.  

I would prefer Thabo off the bench as a vet to help the younguns. Start Baze for his defense and energy.

Shroe, THJr, Thabo, Mike (either), Splitter. 

It's just a better balance with vets and younguns.

Looks like there was an emphasis for some lengthy athletic players.  With Holiday, Bazemore, and Scott sliming down, we have some more athletes that were very active on defense in the first pre season game.  Really liked what I saw from Holiday, he was in the passing lanes and coming from GSW is sure to know how to move the ball and shot that thang.

• Moderators

I think Holiday could be a very sneak stealth signing that my potentially have same impact as DMC.  He has great tools.  Time will tell.  

I am intrigued by what we see from him too.  I will note that he was MUCH better defensively as a SG than SF last season.  He had a 95.1 Defensive Rating at SG (lower is better) and a 116.7 Defensive Rating at SF.  Couldn't handle the bigger guys last year so let's hope he's done some strength training this summer if he is going to play real minutes at SF.

(According to 82games).

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1