• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Watching DMC

capstone21

I was glancing at their game.  He's gonna add a lot just cutting off the ball.  He hit a pull-up three off the dribble, looked weird.  I barely recognized Lowry with some musculature after coach called him out.  Wish Junkyard the best, he's gonna add some needed toughness for them.

Edited by benhillboy

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Oh shzz.  If i'm not mistaken that's more rebounds and assists than any hawk had in the first game.

Good rebounding, but needing 14 shots to get 14 points not really efficient, which was his strength.  Good start for him though.

41 minutes played, guys and gal.  No, by rate he was blown away by 4 different Hawks in rebounding and 5 in assists if not just outright matched with lesser minutes.  Hope that isn't a trend for him in Toronto though, just being the designated defender for everything (have no idea how Scola was starting), would have made sense if George went 41 minutes too but he didn't.  I know DeMarre had some conditioning issues with his hamstrings in the past two years, would hate to see Toronto wear him out early  by refusing to commit anyone else to defence.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Good rebounding, but needing 14 shots to get 14 points not really efficient, which was his strength.  Good start for him though.

Aye, gotta earned that contract dawg.  

9 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

41 minutes played, guys and gal.  No, by rate he was blown away by 4 different Hawks in rebounding and 5 in assists if not just outright matched with lesser minutes.  Hope that isn't a trend for him in Toronto though, just being the designated defender for everything (have no idea how Scola was starting), would have made sense if George went 41 minutes too but he didn't.  I know DeMarre had some conditioning issues with his hamstrings in the past two years, would hate to see Toronto wear him out early  by refusing to commit anyone else to defence.

That's actually a really astute observation (especially for you).  Casey has a reputation for riding guys hard.  He just might Luol Deng him this season.

Meh. I loved DMC here, but 41 mins to get 14 points on 14 shots? For all that money? No thanks, that's not Hawks ball.....

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We will miss him this year, but he seems to be taking and missing a lot of shots. I haven't seen any Toronto games yet so I'm not sure if he is forcing the issue or just missing open looks? He shot 8/16 against Boston, but his other lines have looked like 5/14, 5/13, 1/8 and 4/13. He brings a lot more than offense but his efficient offense with us is one of the biggest reasons he was so valuable. 

Chris O'Leary 

✔@olearychris

DeMarre Carroll is questionable for tomorrow for the #raptors against the #heat with plantar fasciitis. Been dealing w/ it 10 days. #rtz

2:28 PM - 7 Nov 2015

• Moderators

Best foot Forward?

There is definite frustration lingering with Carroll right now. He’s looking at stat sheets and seeing numbers that just aren’t DeMarre Carroll calibre.

“Me getting one rebound like I did (Friday night) in Orlando is just not me,” he said. “I’m used to filling the stat sheet and being active, but I was so limited Friday I just felt like I was hurting the team more.”

Carroll, though, is not ready yet to take his foot off the gas.

He wasn’t even a definite to play Friday’s game but as his nature he went out and tried anyway.

Whether he sits down for a game or two going forward will be a game-to-game decision.

The numbers, though, were unable to hide Carroll’s discomfort.

Over the past three years when Carroll became a bonfide two-way player with an offensive game as well as that tenacious defence, he has shot no worse than 46% from the field, but so far this year, he is shooting just 34% and it’s killing him.

Carroll said every shot he takes he is taking from his tip toes just to try to alleviate some of the pain and it’s having an adverse reaction on his numbers and his game as a whole.

One thing that has not dropped off are Carroll’s minutes but that too may be coming. He played 36 and 37 minutes the past two games defending Kevin Durant one night and Evan Fournier on Friday. Durant scored 27, which is modest by his standards and Fournier had 11, which is a poor shooting night. But if Carroll is feeling the effects of the injury, it’s only a matter of time before it starts to affect that part of his game as well.

~lw3

• Moderators
23 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

Is it just me or does a piece of you die inside reading an article like that? No typos, flows well, lots of information, well researched, interesting story...man. Aren't we always told "these players don't talk" but then in one month something like this comes out from Toronto?

You are just hatin.  If our intrepid beat reporter were in Toronto, they would know about things like the Raptors coming out with new uniforms or that there is this urban R&B artist D-Rake who seems to be excited about the team.  Viva-la-more!