• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Watching DMC

capstone21

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

You are just hatin.  If our intrepid beat reporter were in Toronto, they would know about things like the Raptors coming out with new uniforms or that there is this urban R&B artist D-Rake who seems to be excited about the team.  Viva-la-more!

I've always wondered if CViv walks among us ... I have my guess who he is

Man have we outed Koonin and CViv within the same week?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Raptors do a weekly TV show called Open Gym. It follows the Toronto Raptors giving some good behind the scenes looks and last week's episode featured quite a bit of DeMarre. I would highly  recommend watching the entire thing, but the DeMarre parts run from 2:15 to 7:15 and from 21:30 to the end of the video. Enjoy

I understand DeMarre was in the middle of that beatdown of the Clippers.  No surprise, he's the type of player who's energy and hustle can overmatch their whole team.  Gotta love him.  I'm gonna be so possed if we lose to them after beating them twice last year with Junk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toronto Raptors small forward DeMarre Carroll had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Wednesday morning, the team announced.

The Raptors did not give a timetable for Carroll's return, noting that his status will be updated as appropriate.

Carroll's absence will be significant for a Raptors team that enters Wednesday night's game at Brooklyn 21-15 overall and among several clubs just behind the first-place Cleveland Cavaliers (23-9) in the Eastern Conference standings.

Carroll is averaging 11.7 points and 4.8 rebounds in 31.9 minutes.

Knee issues, though, have been a problem for him this season. Carroll sat out Monday's game against the Cavs with a swollen right knee and missed nine games last month with a right knee contusion and plantar fasciitis.

"It's one of those things where, I could play, but me playing at 65 percent is not, I don't think everybody looks at it as beneficial," Carroll told reporters earlier this week.

Carroll signed a four-year, $60 million deal with the Raptors with no options this offseason after two seasons with the Hawks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14514382/demarre-carroll-toronto-raptors-knee-surgery

WOW!!! I wonder if this is the same knee he injured in the playoffs last year.

Edit: He injured his left knee in playoffs, surgery was on right knee.

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Toronto Raptors small forward DeMarre Carroll had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee Wednesday morning, the team announced.

The Raptors did not give a timetable for Carroll's return, noting that his status will be updated as appropriate.

Carroll's absence will be significant for a Raptors team that enters Wednesday night's game at Brooklyn 21-15 overall and among several clubs just behind the first-place Cleveland Cavaliers (23-9) in the Eastern Conference standings.

Carroll is averaging 11.7 points and 4.8 rebounds in 31.9 minutes.

Knee issues, though, have been a problem for him this season. Carroll sat out Monday's game against the Cavs with a swollen right knee and missed nine games last month with a right knee contusion and plantar fasciitis.

"It's one of those things where, I could play, but me playing at 65 percent is not, I don't think everybody looks at it as beneficial," Carroll told reporters earlier this week.

Carroll signed a four-year, $60 million deal with the Raptors with no options this offseason after two seasons with the Hawks.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14514382/demarre-carroll-toronto-raptors-knee-surgery

WOW!!! I wonder if this is the same knee he injured in the playoffs last year.

Edit: He injured his left knee in playoffs, surgery was on right knee.

Wow.  Glad this wasn't a trade so they can't try to say we sent them damaged goods like PHI did with Jrue Holiday.

Hope he gets bak to being 100% healthy.  Hope they lose every game tho (does that make me a bad person?)

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wow.  Glad this wasn't a trade so they can't try to say we sent them damaged goods like PHI did with Jrue Holiday.

Hope he gets bak to being 100% healthy.  Hope they lose every game tho (does that make me a bad person?)

tumblr_m3u674XMhi1qcolx2o1_400.gif

Damn DeMarre.  Get well soon, brother.  And start saving and investing much more rapidly.  

I gotta give a shout out to the obsessive body conditioning testing the Hawks go through.  They likely never even considered resigning Junk with the way he's breaking down.  I'd hate to see what the reports say about Kyle going forward.