• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Statgeeks at 538.com > Hawks will be mostly the same, but worse

sturt

So for you stat heads, does this display a bias against our players?  I mean many of our guys were under bad coaching or used differently than they are here in Atlanta.   Makes me think historical data needs to be devalued when discussing this team.  

I don't know the stats behind these CARMELO projections, but they seem incredibly conservative. Barring injury, there's just no way we drop below 50 wins. We might have gotten slightly worse and the East got better, but we're still better than most teams in the East, if that makes sense.

• Like 1

My daddy used to tell me:  "Figures don't lie but liars can figure!"

Estimating the playing time and the worth of each and every player?  That's all well, but

how do you measure the heart and desire of each player?  You can't do that.  Emotions

play a part, sometimes a great part, in any game.  Natural, God given ability with all players

is evident when we watch them. 

A coach has the ability to draw up the xes and ohs of the game and a good coach has the

ability to stir these super athletes with their big $$$ payroll and big egos to give their very

best effort against the competition.  When this happens, we fans then give them that extra

push into greatness with our presence and cheering them on.

Yep.  Without DMC, this current team should win 45 games this upcoming season.  Sarcasm.

(This is an insult to Bud and our current roster and should be taken as such)

GO ATL! 

P.S.  Hawks won Friday night and 3 starters didn't play.  Pre season, however.

• Like 1

That's pretty low for them. Worse case I seen them falling to 3rd seed which is at least 50 wins. I'm curious to see what new things Bud does with Korver since BK exposed in the playoffs this past year if you keep a man on him, the Hawks' offense gets worse.

• Premium Member

I don't know what our record will be, but I believe we will be a better playoff team than last year.  We have upgraded the backup center position that provides more defense and rebounding.   Our overall depth is better and hopefully we have Thabo for the postseason this year. 

Edited by Vol4ever
  • Like 3