• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pre-season Game #3 Spurs vs Hawks

Managed to catch most the game.

I like what Edy is showing. The guy can make a difference in the long-run, but I agree he needs a little more seasoning in the d-league. I hope the Hawks can get him to a team that will play him major minutes.

Teague definitely looks ready for the season to start. Kyle also looks good once he found his range and then the lead just exploded.

the other bench guys looked a little ragged. THJr was OK, but nothing special. He looks to be trying too hard on offense. He needs to learn to trust the system and run his rear end off. Do those two things and he'll get easy shots. That said, he is still the only wing the Hawks have that can put the ball on the floor and drive. IMO a sorely needed skill set on the team.

• Like 1

First time getting to see the team with the new jerseys.  I must say *sigh* @sothron (aka senor grumpy) has a slight smidgen of a point with regards to the green blending in with the white jersey.

Solution?  All volt jerseys instead.  Problem solved. :approved:

He is a project ... One that can really payoff in the future but he has issues with offense as well.  He needs a lot of work and help and he is an example of how the dleague can help a guy grow.  

I've been impressed with the big guy so far.  He has a lot more strength than I expected, good hands, a smooth stroke, he's not afraid of contact, and understands the game well.  All good signs.  His post game will only improve with practice.

Teague and Schröder are killing it right now.  They are going to give teams fits during the regular season.

• Like 1

• Moderators

First time getting to see the team with the new jerseys. So awful. You literally cannot see the jersey numbers on television. That puke yellow/green color blends in way too much with the white jersey.

Well I've been a big fan of the new unis but i'll admit that on tv in games they aren't impressing me as much as i thought.   The home white ones i actually like the best but those warmups with the volt pacman are terrible.   I hate the volt pacman.   I didn't think so at first but i think they will be backing off the volt in years to come.   

First time getting to see the team with the new jerseys. So awful. You literally cannot see the jersey numbers on television. That puke yellow/green color blends in way too much with the white jersey.

People are saying the numbers are even less distinct in person. 

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 1

Seems like the volt should be used for outline and trim.  not the actual numbers.

Agreed.  I wouldn't be surprised if that gets tweaked ... but not after the all-volt look.

• Premium Member

First time getting to see the team with the new jerseys.  I must say *sigh* @sothron (aka senor grumpy) has a slight smidgen of a point with regards to the green blending in with the white jersey.

Solution?  All volt jerseys instead.  Problem solved. :approved:

You know I am right with how awful these new jerseys like. That color has to go. You can't even make out the freaking numbers on them.

• Premium Member

People are saying the numbers are even less distinct in person. 

I believe it. I paused the screen and tried at several camera angles to see if it was just me or was it almost impossible to see the numbers and it was that puke color doing it. The white and that color mesh way too much together. I don't know how no one spotted this.

You know I am right with how awful these new jerseys like. That color has to go. You can't even make out the freaking numbers on them.

No, you have a point that the green is hard to distinguish against the white unis.  However, the jerseys themselves are not offensive like you claim.

Thought you were done with this team, not watching. At least you showed up :applause:

• Like 2

I haven't been terribly keen on the new colors but I absolutely loved the black/grey uni's from the first game.  That 'ish is hot.  If anyone says otherwise, they are dead wrong.

The white ones need red numbers with a volt outline.  As you said, it is difficult to see with the current white/volt combo.

So, anyway, I guess we're having a pretty good preseason if the only thing we have to complain about is the uniforms.  :aikido:

• Like 3

Got a chance to watch the game last night and was delighted. Great flow, unselfishness, a couple tweaks here n there but otherwise we are in mid season form. Loved the little drop pass Splitter made to Holiday in the lane.  Big Edy looked great, Teague and SAP looked great as usual. Love this time of year :-) T minus 12 days...HAWKS!!!!!

That was my initial problem with the jersey numbers.  Having 2 different main colors as the name and number gives the jersey a good, but uneven look.  

Volt being used as the trim, much like how the Seahawks use the color on their jerseys, would be much better.

It's also why when people see the red jerseys live, it will be a better look than the white, and possibly even the black jerseys.