• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Speculation ends tonight - Pre season ends!

Gray Mule

After tonight's game, the cut down must come before the regular season begins.

Who will survive?  What if someone the Hawks really desire gets cut by another team?

So many decisions.  Then, there are those who truly believe that they know more about

who is who and what is what than Bud.  They would have, naturally, have done things

differently, especially in the draft.

We will not know for quiet some time if Junior was the right choice.  Will he or won't he

be successful as a Hawk?  Some have already dismissed him as a complete failure.

No, I'm not trying to stir up anything.  As Officer Joe Friday would say on Dragnet,

"Just the facts, ma'am.  Just the facts."

Tonight s the night.  Our last night of "foolin' around" with who does what.  Things turn

serious fast.  Turn up the heat and let's go!

SEASON OPENER JUST AROUND THE CORNER!  GO HAWKS!

• Like 2

The old man jumped the gun.  Thought that last night's game was the final pre season

meeting but it wasn't.  The next game is it.  Hawks played the game as close as possible

and still lost.  Tight rotation.  Great defense.  Poor shooting % and lost by one point.

I'm sure that we, the fans, are more than ready for the real thing.  With the tight rotation

last night there was a long list of players who did not enter the game.  Some of these

players are almost certain that they will be in the final roster but not all can possibly

stay with the big club.  The final game should give all these players an opportunity to

showcase their talents, hoping to stick.

Last night the second unit played quiet a bit and we could see why they are not starting.

They are good but not great.  The way the schedule is set up, everyone needs to be ready

to play.  The Hawks will be busy, busy, busy with game after game all over the place.  One

more before we become really serious.

Edited by Gray Mule
miss spelled word

• Premium Member

Will Junior become a good NBA player or will he become a mistake by Bud?

I think he will be a big part of the rotation at some point. He's struggled with his shot in preseason but it could just be a combination of trying to fit in, build confidence and just thinking too much. 

He needs to get used to playing off the ball and keep on working on his defense. Once he gets his shot back I think we will work him into the rotation. As far as how many minutes he plays from there, that will be how well he does defensively. 

JackB1 - Sorry about that.  Just put me on ignore and that solves your problem.

Great idea.  Thanks

BTW, there's a reason why there aren't any magazines, web pages, books or newspapers printed in all italics.

Edited by JackB1