• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Odds and Ends

• Moderators

Like I said, shoot 37% on the season and I'm much happier with the volume.  34% doesn't entice me as much - especially if people are calling to bench the 45% guy to make more room for volume.

Where THJr has most excelled this season has been on his 2pt shots.  He is way, way above his career high on those and I love that.

• Like 1

It's early, of course, but all indications are that the Hawks have fielded a deep and talented team for the 2016-17 NBA season, and one that also brings a pulsing ambition to its activities on and off the court.

Paul Millsap has seen the competitive spirit of the Hawks spill over into many endeavors including, among other things, eggs.

"We compete to see who is first to get an omelet. I think that says a lot about the guys that we have on this team," Millsap said with a disbelieving laugh.

Tim Hardaway Jr. shed some light on the post-shootaround contest that begins with a dash to the bus. The omelets aren't anywhere to be found on it, but the key to getting to the folded, filled eggs first is to have a prime seat from which to disembark.

"Once the bus gets to the hotel, I've never seen so many guys get out of their seat so quickly to run and get food," Hardaway said. "It's shows that our team is competitive."

If there is a countermeasure that keeps the competition level from getting too cutthroat, it is cohesiveness. The Hawks seem to have a fair amount of that ingredient too, as was evidenced Friday at the grand opening of Thabo Sefolosha's fashion store, Attom, in Buckhead.

A large number of teammates showed up to support Sefolosha at the opening of his clothing boutique, including many who, like Sefolosha, have helped the Hawks immensely from the bench this season. One of them was Kris Humphries, who not only visited Sefolosha's store for its grand opening, but also shopped there a few weeks earlier during its soft opening.

"I was actually wearing a shirt that I had gotten from there," Humphries said of the store's grand opening. "It was cool to have a bunch of the guys out there supporting him."

If one player most exemplifies the Hawks' bench this season, perhaps it's Humphries, the 10th man in a 10-man rotation (if counting by minutes played this season). The 31-year-old veteran has not been asked to carry the team, but he has produced well when called upon. The stat line of his 13-point, 9-rebound effort Saturday against the 76ers attests to that fact. His excellent rates of defensive rebounding (24.4 percent) and blocks (4.7 percent) also speak well of his play.

Humphries said that he feels more comfortable in his second season as a Hawk, having had the opportunity to learn things from the ground up in training camp.

"You get a little more familiar with the principles," Humphries said. "You go through a camp and you build from this small fundamental thing to the next one to the (whole) system. Sometimes when you get thrown in, you're just like, 'OK, here is the system', and you don't drill in the individual smaller parts of what you're doing."

Humphries has also helped his teammates with his ability to spread the floor. A jump shooter for much of his career, Humphries really only backed up to the three-point line regularly for the first time last season, his 12th in the league. He said he feels more comfortable with the shot in drills and practice, and he has made 3 of 7 attempts (42.9 percent) in games this season.

When the topic of the the bench's ability to build leads arose, Humphries was quick to credit his teammates.

"Thabo had a stretch (against Chicago) that was unbelievable," he said. "Tim has been an explosive scorer off the bench and bringing energy as well. Guys are just being hungry and ready to contribute."

In fact, the word 'hungry' is apt. It may be the best choice for the team that turns breakfast into a competition.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/omelets-humphries-and-red-hot-hawks-bench

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2016 at 3:31 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

How did I miss this? Haha do they really have bad tasting jelly beans? I love Mike Scott at around the 20 seconds to the end where they give him dog food.

Serve a lotta dog food call you a mutt...lol

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

He asked Santa for either some scotch(the drink not the tape) or some good ole beer. Lol

Nah, he probably asked Santa to fix what's ailing this team.

Santa said: Bench Kyle and play Prince more  :laugh:

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

How did I miss this? Haha do they really have bad tasting jelly beans? I love Mike Scott at around the 20 seconds to the end where they give him dog food.

Yeah...I forget the brand but they have all kinda bad tasting ones thrown in.

11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Uh yeah.  For old skool jelly beans, the black jelly bean is disgusting.  That's right, all the other colors are delicious but the black jelly bean is the one that tastes bad.  SMH  Don't get me started, Spud2.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Uh yeah.  For old skool jelly beans, the black jelly bean is disgusting.  That's right, all the other colors are delicious but the black jelly bean is the one that tastes bad.  SMH  Don't get me started, Spud2.

Nzinga urself a good one! Lol

I bet you love that one jelly bean...I think it was white...and it tasted like sun screen and coconut near a sac of cul de....

:-|

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nzinga urself a good one! Lol

I bet you love that one jelly bean...I think it was white...and it tasted like sun screen and coconut near a sac of cul de....

:-|

Nah, I'm all about the starburst jelly beans now.  And no, I do not live in a cul de sac.

I had a joke about your gf living in a cul de sac but felt it wasn't appropriate.  Self-censorship.  #ThanksTrump

21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I'm all about the starburst jelly beans now.  And no, I do not live in a cul de sac.

I had a joke about your gf living in a cul de sac but felt it wasn't appropriate.  Self-censorship.  #ThanksTrump

Haha love it!

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On a lighter note:

1.  I think I saw Taurean Prince at the mall yesterday.

2. I saw Hawks gear for sale at Old Navy - that's a first.

Lol funny I'm at the mall right now. iPhone sucks it's fully charged or 90% full then 2 seconds later it needs to be charged as it shows no juice ...smh

Wonder what Prince doin at the mawl n all? Did you say hi? :-)

• Moderators
On 12/2/2016 at 0:39 PM, kg01 said:

Being red/green color blind, I dreaded those black jelly beans because there are some sets of jelly beans where they have some really dark purple ones that I can't tell apart from the black ones.  Hit purple and it is really good.  Break into that black and it is time to spit it out.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Being red/green color blind, I dreaded those black jelly beans because there are some sets of jelly beans where they have some really dark purple ones that I can't tell apart from the black ones.  Hit purple and it is really good.  Break into that black and it is time to spit it out.

Ah man, I got got many a times thinking, "Nah, it's gotta be purple ... right? [taste] *gagEwwww, kill it with fire!"

Heh, so AHF is human after all.  Who knew?

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah man, I got got many a times thinking, "Nah, it's gotta be purple ... right? [taste] *gagEwwww, kill it with fire!"

Heh, so AHF is human after all.  Who knew?

Jelly beans are smug. I prefer haribo gummy bears, and yes haribo those trolli ones are to chewy.

5 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Jelly beans are smug. I prefer haribo gummy bears, and yes haribo those trolli ones are to chewy.

Love me some Haribo gummy bears.  Gotta be bears for me, no worms.  Haribo has some creepy commercials tho.

Stupid jelly beans. 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Love me some Haribo gummy bears.  Gotta be bears for me, no worms.  Haribo has some creepy commercials tho.

Stupid jelly beans. 

I came across this Haribo Gummy bears review and thought I'd share. Enjoy

I didn't feel the need to plan my weekend around 5 small gummybears. But if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
It began with a noticeable change in the viscosity of my saliva. Within minutes of consumption, my mouth had filled with a thick foamy slime. Though I was in a cool climate controlled room a salty sweat broke out, and I felt my heartbeat quicken as my body threw itself into fight or flight.
The animal noises broadcasting from my pelvis were an ominous warning of the violent acts that were to follow. I shouldered my way into the bathroom, clawing at my belt, moaning with pain. The smell came first. It started sweet, almost tangy. That was quickly overpowered by a cloying chemical perfume.
The first volley of feces hit the water like soda cans and nickles. The resulting splash drenching my bottom in foul brackish water, but this was quickly becoming the least of my worries.
After another moment, the noises in my core hit a fever pitch and I was struck rigid with pain. The sweat was now running into my eyes, but the room had turned ice cold and my hands began to spasm.
I felt an insidious burning flooding my escape hatch. I gasped. Hot yellow poison began spraying from my rear, changing in pitch and echo as the stream of diarrhea whipped around the toilet bowl, creating a nightmarish Doppler effect that can only be appreciated in hindsight.
My legs fell asleep sitting on the toilet. I couldn't have stood up if I wanted to.
Wiping was a no-go. Toilet paper simply became a vile paper mache'. My hands were quickly soiled. A full blown shower was needed, and all of my towels had to be burned.
So happy with my purchase, would recommend to friends and definitely buying again!

These bears could single-handedly stop global warming by providing a clean source of energy. Let me clarify: the mud flood that will inevitably shoot forth from a single handful could power a hydroelectric toilet damn for days on end. You have been warned.

So I bought these because of the reviews. Let me tell you, if you're a prankster you NEED THESE!
Gummy bear in a vodka shot ya'll. Put 2 or 3 in in a shot glass, then hide all the toilet paper in at the party! You will become a LEGEND! Get yer snapchat ready for the hilarity about to commence. Plenty of red and greens in a 5 pounder for Christmas.