• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Odds and Ends

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I came across this Haribo Gummy bears review and thought I'd share. Enjoy

Donald Duck Laughing

O .... M ...... G   Bird, I'm in a client's office this week.  I had to close the door (now they think they did something wrong) so they don't see me busting up.  OMG you gon' get me kicked outta here.  A 'vile paper mache'?  Really?  I'm gutbusting still.

I can't stop.  Whoooo, breath, kg.  Breath.  Think about something totally not funny.  It's not working ....  lol

Jaybird, I have to talk to these people in a little while.  OMG.  Not cool, Bird.  Not cool.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What does this mean..........

It's a dance (per my brief google-ation).  I refuse to watch the vids so you'll have to further my research on your own intellectual dime.

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hahaha I saw that last night. That kid got skillz!!!

Um, not to be insensitive (which is what you say when you're about to say something insensitive), but is that a kid or a ... oh, nevermind.

Uh, played here four years and made the playoffs twice losing in the first round both times. Lost more games than we won by a good number in the regular seasons. So being a great entertainer and selling tickets did it. Below is some history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Maravich

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Uh, played here four years and made the playoffs twice losing in the first round both times. Lost more games than we won by a good number in the regular seasons. So being a great entertainer and selling tickets did it. Below is some history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pete_Maravich

So why aren't we retiring Dan Roundfield's number?  6 seasons, 3 all star appearances, 5 All defensive teams and 1 all nba,  a few playoff appearances and a friggin real life hero to boot.   Gave his own life to save his wife.  

17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So why aren't we retiring Dan Roundfield's number?  6 seasons, 3 all star appearances, 5 All defensive teams and 1 all nba,  a few playoff appearances and a friggin real life hero to boot.   Gave his own life to save his wife.  

There is one particular poster that probably thinks Pete's number should be retired but its certainly not me. Pete gave up more than he gained for us in most games. Certainly the ones that counted. Will say that he was fun to watch but that was not winning basketball.

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Because Roundfield was black and Pete is white.

16 minutes ago, Thomas said:

There is one particular poster that probably thinks Pete's number should be retired but its certainly not me. Pete gave up more than he gained for us in most games. Certainly the ones that counted. Will say that he was fun to watch but that was not winning basketball.

GM? Don't get me wrong, watching highlights of the guy was amazing but a short time without much success as a team.

• Moderators

We created a sportsmanship award for Jason Collier (RIP).  Some sort of recognition for Roundfield is way overdue.  It's not like he was an unknown Hawk.   I'd say most Atlantans would name him with John Drew and Tree Rollins as the cornerstones of early 80s Hawk teams.