• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Odds and Ends

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sturt said:

https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/01/25/assessing-nba-hairstyles/

Oddly to some of us, Moose' man-bun goes unnoticed. Maybe it's not so dreadful after all (?).

It is every bit as dreadful as we think.  People just don't care about him.  Probably figured they had one bad poof of hair on a low profile white guy with Bynes and a bun reference with also low profile Hawes.  No need include an even lower profile variation.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Oddly to some of us, Moose' man-bun goes unnoticed. Maybe it's not so dreadful after all (?).

Yes it is... because he thinks it looks like this...

de0af0dcbab0d7faea2f7babb836a170bfa6d9aa

When it's more like....

768212e19b270976cfb553ee95517ffa.jpg

Hawks are 16-12 at home and 17-14 on the road

We have won more games on the road this season, smh.  Hopefully we can do well on this upcoming home stand starting tonight 6 straight  games AT HOME.

Mavs, Cavs, Pacers, Warriors, Nets, Raptors.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks are 16-12 at home and 17-14 on the road

We have won more games on the road this season, smh.  Hopefully we can do well on this upcoming home stand starting tonight 6 straight  games AT HOME.

Mavs, Cavs, Pacers, Warriors, Nets, Raptors.

That's rough.   Tough games and trap games all of them. 

• 2 weeks later...

7. Timmy and Thabo, killing it

This is just a nice, complementary wing duo: a score-first shooting guard with some issues on defense, and a stopper big enough to guard almost any perimeter scorer.

The Hawks, dragging a negative overall scoring margin, have trounced opponents by seven points per 100 possessions when Tim Hardaway Jr. and Thabo Sefolosha share the floor, per NBA.com. It helps that they've logged two-thirds of those minutes with Paul Millsap, Atlanta's best overall player, but these two make a natural fit.

Junior Crossover's strong play over the past two months is the latest cautionary tale against instant trade evaluations. A lot of folks laughed at Atlanta for coughing up a first-rounder -- the 19th pick in the 2015 draft -- for a cast-off from [Team Redacted].

Two years later, Hardaway is a dangerous 3-point shooter assuming more pick-and-roll duty. He's in line for a big payday this summer -- a new variable to consider in evaluating the Hardaway-Jerian Grant swap. And Sefolosha looks largely like the savvy, sliding terror he was before he broke his leg in an alleged instance of police abuse.

Atlanta has been smart to collect as many wing prospects as possible, and see who pops. They understand the game is evolving toward a fast-paced, semi-positionless style in which the best teams will have three wings on the floor during high-stakes moments. Hardaway is a player now, and Taurean Prince, one of two wings Atlanta drafted in the first round last June, is showing intriguing early signs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18927392/zach-lowe-10-things-like-featuring-kyrie-irving-artistry-nba

Damn I'm a little late, but learning we now have an almost -1 point scoring differential is sobering.  In the East, this late in the season, that's a bad team folks.  If we played a healthy Miami tonight we get washed by 15.

Edited by benhillboy

Paul Millsap’s status remains uncertain for Sunday’s game at home against the Brooklyn Nets.

The Hawks haven’t really said what the actual problem with Millsap’s knee is. He has been ruled out with what has been described tightness in the knee. Millsap was a late scratch from Saturday’s game against Portland and was initially ruled out for the first two games of Atlanta’s road trip. Budenholzer’s comments today indicate that the team knew Millsap would likely miss more time

“I don’t think we ever thought it would be just two games,” Budenholzer said. “We thought we’d re-evaluate it after two games.”

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Paul Millsap’s status remains uncertain for Sunday’s game at home against the Brooklyn Nets.

The Hawks haven’t really said what the actual problem with Millsap’s knee is. He has been ruled out with what has been described tightness in the knee. Millsap was a late scratch from Saturday’s game against Portland and was initially ruled out for the first two games of Atlanta’s road trip. Budenholzer’s comments today indicate that the team knew Millsap would likely miss more time

“I don’t think we ever thought it would be just two games,” Budenholzer said. “We thought we’d re-evaluate it after two games.”

I think we should hold him out for 5 or 6 more games. Jockeying for playoff 6th or 7th seed.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol.

Lol...I know I know I'm going crazy. I want to be playing well heading into the playoffs but I also wanna be healthy once we get there. Just hover around the 6th or 7th spot...:-)