• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Odds and Ends

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another Court Retrofit....

What a beautiful court. When I was a kid, I played on some ghetto ass courts in Houston TX. These kids are lucky. Nice job ATL Hawks!!!

• Moderators

Peachtree Road is becoming the Hawks' personal Rodeo Drive.

First, we had Zaza's first restaurant (now closed and demolished) off of West Paces Ferry. Currently, we have Dennis' hookah lounge and restaurant down the street near Piedmont Hospital.

(Left) Leather Jacket by Balmain, $4,999; T-shirt by Damir Doma, $199; Biker Jeans by Balmain, $1,399 (Right) Black Cardigan by Damir Doma, $349; T-shirt by Maison Margiela, $250; Biker Jeans by Balmain, $1,399; Black Boots by Off-White, $599; Sunglasses by Cazal, $630

And, next... have we got a super-posh Friedman's on our hands?

http://footwearnews.com/2016/focus/athletic-outdoor/atlanta-hawks-thabo-sefolosha-attom-mens-store-the-shops-buckhead-atlanta-250764/

(August 23, 2016) Atlanta Hawks guard Thabo Sefolosha has been busy since basketball season ended. But shooting hoops hasn’t been on his mind lately.

Sefolosha, along with his wife, Bertille, and partner Zola Dias have been readying to step into the fashion world with the opening of Attom, an upscale men’s boutique at The Shops Buckhead Atlanta that has a focus on luxury sneakers.

It was a chance meeting with Dias at the tony Lenox Square mall in Atlanta that sparked the idea, according to Bertille. Dias, who like the Sefoloshas is from Switzerland, already had three Attom stores back home. The meeting turned into a business partnership with a store that bowed in July.

The store stocks shoes from footwear brands including Maison Margiela, Rick Owens, Kenzo, Balenciaga and Balmain, and Y-3, among others. “We believe more in sneakers than clothing,” said Dias, about the assortment of pricey kicks. Added Bertille, “Shoes are statement pieces.”

Thabo Sefolosha, who wears a size 15, admits to being a shoe addict, owning about 200 pairs. And as a Nike team athlete, he has a steady supply of sneakers from the brand. When Sefolosha’s in a dressier mood, he opts for styles by Christian Louboutin and Balenciaga, rounded out with more down-to-earth brands that include Cole Haan, Polo Ralph Lauren and Mark McNairy.

The Sefoloshas' "pop-up shop" is now open. If you're familiar with where Ray Lewis' fateful events occurred in Buckhead's bar zone and wondered whatever happened to the since-demolished area, Thabo's luxury shop is right smack in the middle of it all. My personal net worth goes up like 5000% just from strolling around the place.

IMG_1202_pp-1.jpg

(Pics via Simply Buckhead magazine) Yes, that's Jimmy Choo's in the background. That's pretty healthy competition, if you ask me!

http://theshopsbuckheadatlanta.com/shopping/44/attom

13704340_1803274979903546_957993237_n.jp

No, you don't get a free puppy with each purchase. [Photo by Kris Shelby (@drhannibal_lector) via Instagram]

http://simplybuckhead.com/swiss-style/

As the friendship grew between the Sefoloshas and Dias, they decided to work together to open an Attom Concept Store in the U.S. It’s been in the works since the summer of 2015, with the trio attending fashion weeks in Paris, Milan and New York and spending countless hours at designers’ showrooms picking out the perfect pieces.

Those countless hours were all during the daylight, I'm sure!

Speaking of which, one more Odd 'n End...

Head-honcho on 92.9 The Game Arthur Triche (former Hawks PR director until Ferry came along, goes by "exhoopsprguy" on Twitter, chimed in at the end of yesterday's drive-time show to mention that some legal watch-dogging revealed that Thabo's lawyers and the legal reps for the City of New York could not work through a settlement via mediation/ Triche suggested further that his civil suit will proceed via a jury. No word whether Pero's suit is joint or following the same process.

~lw3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Stay out my closet, Thabo.  It's actually gotten chilly in NY and I was looking all over for my cardigan.

You put that on your Express for Men(sic) card?

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Someone is bringin' their A game today!!:applause:

@Spud2Nique's been hitting the weights this offseason.  Has taken his post game to another level.

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lol, he's definitely into weights before dates and curls before gurls ...

curls

Or maybe ...

shes-in-on-it

.... too far?  Yeah, self-ban

Oh you just woke the sleeping giant. No literally I just woke up. You messed with me in the wrong department. I lifted so much my nickname was ivanko in high school. :-) 

Honestly, I'm gonna post a pic of my ripped self on here one of these days, granted from 15 years ago but still...