• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Odds and Ends

• Moderators
On 11/11/2016 at 3:33 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

Up and Attom!

Wondering if they sell goggles now.  

(lw3 is unrivaled on the puns)

On 11/12/2016 at 1:33 PM, pimp said:

Ikr? For a bunch of millionaires, they all look like they shop at the Salvation Army.
 Dennis is dressed like some old cat lady.
cat_lady_442022.jpg

That wins for funniest post I've read today by a long shot.  lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wondering if they sell goggles now.  

(lw3 is unrivaled on the puns)

That wins for funniest post I've read today by a long shot.  lol

I just realized Dennis is holding a bag of kitty litter, :laugh::laugh:

First of all, 'Hawks Odds and Ends' is the name of me and @Spud2Nique's rap group.  I'm a little odd and he's an end (ohhh).

Anyways, Hawks made Ric Bucher's list of most surprising (in a good way) teams.  BJ Armstrong is on board.  Had positive thangs to say about Howard.  Liked the way he's being used.  Optimal.

Also Bucher, who I generally hate, agrees with me that CP2's not good enough to win a championship as the lead guy.

18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

First of all, 'Hawks Odds and Ends' is the name of me and @Spud2Nique's rap group.  I'm a little odd and he's an end (ohhh).

Anyways, Hawks made Ric Bucher's list of most surprising (in a good way) teams.  BJ Armstrong is on board.  Had positive thangs to say about Howard.  Liked the way he's being used.  Optimal.

Also Bucher, who I generally hate, agrees with me that CP2's not good enough to win a championship as the lead guy.

I hate when all the pundits jump on the Hawks wagon, lol, but pissed when we don't get the recognition.lol.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hate when all the pundits jump on the Hawks wagon, lol, but pissed when we don't get the recognition.lol.

Yeah, I rather no one believed. .. then we start whippin arse and taking names.

52 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like staying under the radar too, underdog by heart. Surprise uppercut puts them on the mat every time. Otherwise they only build you up to tear you down. Unless you're a legacy...

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Understatement of the year folks! That's like saying my wife got a little pregnant lol...ur bat $hit crazy @kg01 let's not beat around the bush ...lol

On November 12, 2016 at 0:49 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

Wow, just noticed Moose in his Capri pants. This might be my very first Hawk-in-Capri-pants sighting. 

things I wish I could unsee, but can't 

And Bembry looks like he stole my grandmother's velvet jogging suit (that she wears on her strolls through the parking lot at her nursing home).

And Dennis clearly got inspiration for his attire from an episode of Hoarders.

Thabo was really trying to pretend like he didn't know these guys until they snagged him for the photo.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Wow, just noticed Moose in his Capri pants. This might be my very first Hawk-in-Capri-pants sighting. 

things I wish I could unsee, but can't 

And Bembry looks like he stole my grandmother's velvet jogging suit (that she wears on her strolls through the parking lot at her nursing home).

And Dennis clearly got inspiration for his attire from an episode of Hoarders.

Thabo was really trying to pretend like he didn't know these guys until they snagged him for the photo.

Moose needs some nice pink jelly shoes to go with those cute capris. I think there might be some in @kg01's closet(ya his side of the closet not the wifey side)...lol...

9 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

laugh.jpg

• Moderators
14 hours ago, kg01 said:

As long as we whip arse and take names I don't care what the media does.  Praise us...underrate us...whatever.  We are whipping arse.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

As long as we whip arse and take names I don't care what the media does.  Praise us...underrate us...whatever.  We are whipping arse.  Well, errybody eggscept THJr. aka AHFHateMe

Ah man, that's uncalled for.  Give the guy some credit for once.

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Ah man, that's uncalled for.  Give the guy some credit for once.

He is so much better than 80% of last year.  I'm totally up for that.  Not up for him being the reason to bench Korver and not yet sold on him being consistent.  The handful of big games he has had gives me hope he could swing a game in the playoffs this year and be a consistent part of the playoff rotation.  That would be a big step up.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is so much better than 80% of last year.  I'm totally up for that.  Not up for him being the reason to bench Korver and not yet sold on him being consistent.  The handful of big games he has had gives me hope he could swing a game in the playoffs this year and be a consistent part of the playoff rotation.  That would be a big step up.

That's the closest we'll get to an apology/admission of wrong-ness from you so I'll take it.

"Uh, he did aiight in a few games so maybe he don't suck as much as my smear-campaign has suggested ..."

SMDH

I ain't callin' no names but you been getting killt in chat.  Every time he makes a shot it's open season on AHF.  And I'm not even starting it either.  That's the best part.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's the closest we'll get to an apology/admission of wrong-ness from you so I'll take it.

"Uh, he did aiight in a few games so maybe he don't suck as much as my smear-campaign has suggested ..."

SMDH

I ain't callin' no names but you been getting killt in chat.  Every time he makes a shot it's open season on AHF.  And I'm not even starting it either.  That's the best part.

I'd love to be wrong and killed on this but I still see two things:

(1) we grossly overpaid for him whether he develops or not

and

(2) here are some of the game lines we've seen already that have me questioning his consistency:

3-11 FG, 1-6 3pt

2-6 FG, 0-3 3pt

3-7 FG, 0-3 3pt

1-5 FG, 0-2 3pt

3-11 FG, 1-7 3pt

Those are weak shooting lines in 5 of his 9 games which is what we call a majority of his games this season.

I have no criticism on his early FT shooting because I know that will improve.   

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Pops says you better watch out with that criticism or i'll go all Tito on you.

1t708_zps8e779839.gif

Jr.  doesn't know what else to do.  He's trying his hardest and is stuck behind 2 wings who can't dribble.   

TimHardawayJrFacepalm.gif

Have a season shooting 37% from 3pt range will do a lot for me.  You almost did it your rookie season and this year is a tale of two shooters:

A blistering 59% in 3 games.

A humiliating 12.5% in the other 6 games.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Have a season shooting 37% from 3pt range will do a lot for me.  You almost did it your rookie season and this year is a tale of two shooters:

A blistering 59% in 3 games.

A humiliating 12.5% in the other 6 games.

That's why they call me a volume shooter.   Just turn UP THE VOLUME BABY.

dm_160228_Hardaway_Jr_ends_first_quarter