• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Was I the only one?

Wurider05

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

We'll see.  I agree that the team isn't playing well.  I think they miss Carroll more than the stat sheet shows.  I also think some of the recent struggles are because they've played teams that are better this year than last, and teams have figured out how to further exploit the Hawks weaknesses.

The scary part is we haven't played many really good teams.  Of the 15 teams currently in playoff position i think we've played 5 of them.       

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

The scary part is we haven't played many really good teams.  Of the 15 teams currently in playoff position i think we've played 5 of them.       

The Hawks are currently sixth in the east.  After tonight, they've got three straight on the road vs Minnesota, Memphis and San Antonio.  They then come home for OKC and Toronto.  Things could get ugly in this stretch.  One thing seems for certain, teams will continue to shadow Korver and will look to attack the boards on Atlanta.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I am doing talk to text so bear with me.

I made a statement last offseason that demari Carroll is the one player that we should keep on this roster this offseason.

We chose Millsap who has similar redundancy to Al Horford.

My issue is this, we have not address the fact that we are just simply under size of a small forward position. Say what you want but I still do not see how you can consider myself to be as good as Horford. He doesn't defend anywhere near as good and off until he doesn't move around as much set pics and do this in through the small things that we need considering our talent level to win in the NBA. Say what you want about tomorrow but there's a reason why our team offer than 15 million dollars per season because what he does it's just not that easily found in the NBA and I think that we can replicate it is something that every team will be trying to do.

So what is the solution. The first solution is trying to offer Milsap 40 mainly Milsap to see if we can get a prime time small forward. The names that come to mind are Paul George, Carmelo Anthony, Danilo Gallinari and obviously if he was healthy Wilson Chandler of course in Wilson's case not jeff Teague or Milsap.

While I still believe that Schröder has the most potential on the roster. I'm not so sure that he is the person I will keep over jeff Teague. For that I am open to trading Schröder but the price has to be right at this point in time I don't see that being an option. Well I'm not completely against trading Al Horford I am against trading him anything less than a top tier center. 

I don't think this roster has a great deal issues if you look at the numbers, Carroll was primarily involved in every single one of our top lineups and dmc had a lot of was so critical to the success we had last year that clearly taking out the dmc and replacing him with Bazemore left a great effect our roster.

I am happy with our bench I fill like we can upgrade the PF position from  mike Scott to someone better. I do want to upgrade from Korver as well but it's not a need like SF.

I cant disagree with the majority of that but I do disagree about the bench

Dennis and Thabo have been our only consistent bench players

Moose has not shown he has taken the  next step. Still gets bullied in the paint. He was awful against the Cavs. I was screaming for them to get him out the game and keep him out

Patterson has played well in maybe 2 games, other than that he has not done much either.

Holiday cant knock down open shots consistently. He is getting a bunch of looks but is not taking advantage

Like I said the other day, Its time to play Hardaway and Edy because they cant possibly play any worse than the guys ahead of them at the moment.

• Premium Member

My fear originally was that Bud was helping out his buddy so that they could go after LMA.  Well, I do like the fact (still) that we got a replacement for Pero.  I would have much rather had Zaza back but Pero new the system.   So this is where I will put it.  I want to see us with everybody healthy then I would make judgement.

But we do need rebounding and defense in the post.

• Like 1