• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Howard to Hawks

Johnnybravo4

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

For...? And is this real?

Folks may get their wish for Atlanta to stop playing with 2 stretch big formation, because if he doesn't start this doesn't make sense. I bet one of the pieces going the other way is Horford.

A deal centered around horford i believe. 

Dwight's unhappy, surprise,  surprise.

What made Dwight good was his explosiveness and athleticism. His back surgery has robbed him of that. Last night 28 minutes, 4 points, rebounds, 5 fouls. 

Locker room cancer and can't be on the floor in the 4th quarter of a close game.

18 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

He said a credible source told him two weeks ago that it was a done deal

Playing devil's advocate, if that were true then they were waiting for the 12/15 deadline to make the deal.  Well, what are they waiting for?  The more Howard plays, the more likely it is that he'll get hurt (assuming this were a real rumor) so HOU would want to do the deal ASAP.

This just smells like Kamla was fed a false rumor.

Don't know if this Howard stuff is anything more than a rumor, but to me it makes a lot of sense for both sides.  We have two teams that made the conference finals last year but are underachieving so far this season, and both of those teams happen to have All-Star centers on their roster; Al Horford will likely be free agent in 2016 and thus the Hawks may not be able to re-sign him and could lose him for nothing; Dwight Howard  is reportedly unhappy playing alongside Harden and may want out (and may be causing enough problems behind the scenes that the Rockets wouldn't mind letting him out); the Hawks struggled mightily with size and rebounding in the playoffs; Houston has always been active in making trades ... add it all up and I could actually see this trade happening. 

Also, as much as I like Horford (and as many warts as Howard may have), I think I'd say yes if this deal is on the table. Howard has been playing 32 minutes a night, and, though he's only averaging 12,6 ppg, he's actually still shooting above his career average from the field.  More importantly, he's still pulling around 12 rpg (5 more per night than Horford), and he's still getting around 2 bpg.  Paul Millsap is also outplaying Horford this year, and I just think pairing Millsap with Howard would give us a lot more size, rebounding, and interior defense - and offensively it seems to me Howard could end up getting a ton of dunks in this system and may actually fit better alongside Millsap.  Overall I'd be very intrigued to see what this team looks like with Howard at C.

• Like 1

I'm calling this bullshit and I'm an optimistic squawker here! Lol

if it happens great! And we all owe bud an apology! Lmao but this doesn't even have legs probably. This rumor is crawling on the floor and I need more info from where this started from.

If horford is inactive tonight then that will make me a believer....for at least the time being.

• Like 3

I can't get excited for something Rick Kamla heard two weeks ago and I'm not even sure how excited I would be for this to actually happen. There are so many question marks with his health and attitude. Plus I would be quite sad to see Horford's Atlanta career to end so abruptly even with everyone down on him at the moment. On the other hand, I can't see this roster even making it back to the ECF, much less winning it. Howard would give the team a higher ceiling for sure. It seems like a gamble worth taking depending on who else we'd have to give up. Either way, I don't see this trade happening. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

I can't get excited for something Rick Kamla heard two weeks ago and I'm not even sure how excited I would be for this to actually happen. There are so many question marks with his health and attitude. Plus I would be quite sad to see Horford's Atlanta career to end so abruptly even with everyone down on him at the moment. On the other hand, I can't see this roster even making it back to the ECF, much less winning it. Howard would give the team a higher ceiling for sure. It seems like a gamble worth taking depending on who else we'd have to give up. Either way, I don't see this trade happening. 

So wait this from 2 weeks ago now?....yup this  rumor has no legs! Who the hell is this Kamla guy any way?....whoever he is if this rumor don't happen he's going to be on a ton of hawk fans shit-list this Christmas!

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

So wait this from 2 weeks ago now?....yup this  rumor has no legs! Who the hell is this Kamla guy any way?....whoever he is if this rumor don't happen he's going to be on a ton of hawk fans shit-list this Christmas!

Yeah, Kamla is/was a host on Atlanta radio who's been an NBATV/NBARadio guy for years.  The problem is he's kind of a fringe guy who, like I said before, isn't really known for having any connections.  Again, like I said before, I think he was fed a false rumor here and probably just killed his own credibility.

This rumor is literally nowhere but Kamla.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, Kamla is/was a host on Atlanta radio who's been an NBATV/NBARadio guy for years.  The problem is he's kind of a fringe guy who, like I said before, isn't really known for having any connections.  Again, like I said before, I think he was fed a false rumor here and probably just killed his own credibility.

This rumor is literally nowhere but Kamla.

Yeah that sucks for us but it's all good we are use to being disappointed when it comes to star players coming here. Lol hell other than playing stars in the Philips when Howard visited ferry during free agency a couple of years ago that was probably the closest we've been to actually seeing a star on possibly join the Hawks 

4 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Kamla doesn't just make proclamations all willy nilly

I guess I can definitely take your word at that being that no one is saying he's a unreliable source or that he tells a lot of false info. In fact he doesn't seem to have any kind of reputation when it comes to nba moves around the league 

so that's one positive note about this whole thing even if nothing happens. And honestly I believe the man Jamal heard it but where it's coming from is the question

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

I can see how this works for both teams - at least on paper.  It makes sense in just about every way possible.  Personally, I'm not so much concerned about his health (which is a pretty big question mark).  In recent years, I've just lost a lot of respect for his impact on the game. I've missed a record number of games this year, so I don't have a good opinion of where we are, but if we're past the point of turning it around internally, then logically...yeah, it's time to look at making moves.

And I wouldn't be terribly upset at this one.
(Although, I'd have to deprogram my dislike for that clown.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wretch said:

I can see how this works for both teams - at least on paper.  It makes sense in just about every way possible.  Personally, I'm not so much concerned about his health (which is a pretty big question mark).  In recent years, I've just lost a lot of respect for his impact on the game. I've missed a record number of games this year, so I don't have a good opinion of where we are, but if we're past the point of turning it around internally, then logically...yeah, it's time to look at making moves.

And I wouldn't be terribly upset at this one.
(Although, I'd have to deprogram my dislike for that clown.)

I fully agree. It does work for both teams extremely well at that but that's more indication for me that nothing will probably happen...

i don't mean to be a party pooper but Hawks have had trades in the past that has worked out for both teams well similar to his one and still nothing happens