• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jeff Teague is having the worst season of his career

This may be a little far-fetched, but is it possible Jeff plays worse this year to make himself an unattractive trade object?

He knows that probably he or Dennis will be moved this trade deadline or next summer, if the Hawks don't want to risk losing one of 'em for nothing. 

Dennis could be the option to keep, because he'll be a RFA, is much younger and Jeff may be much easier to trade, because has a higher salary. Dennis is almost only tradable for picks or in a package. I don't think Bud is interested in moving to much pieces (keeping clicking team et cetera) and since we aren't in a rebuild situation, there is little use for picks.

So one thing Jeff could do is to play a little weaker this season, make teams not to offer something Bud really wants for him. Watch Bud trading Dennis and play full strength next year to earn a big deal in a team with no competition at the point...

Edited by rd79

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, rd79 said:

This may be a little far-fetched, but is it possible Jeff plays worse this year to make himself an unattractive trade object?

He knows that probably he or Dennis will be moved this trade deadline or next summer, if the Hawks don't want to risk losing one of 'em for nothing. 

Dennis could be the option to keep, because he'll be a RFA, is much younger and Jeff may be much easier to trade, because has a higher salary. Dennis is almost only tradable for picks or in a package. I don't think Bud is interested in moving to much pieces (keeping clicking team et cetera) and since we aren't in a rebuild situation, there is little use for picks.

So one thing Jeff could do is to play a little weaker this season, make teams not to offer something Bud really wants for him. Watch Bud trading Dennis and play full strength next year to earn a big deal in a team with no competition at the point...

Yeah, I don't see this being the case.  Sometimes we think the players think like us as fans when in reality this is business for them.  I'm sure Jeff likes Atlanta, but he likes getting paid more and he'll be looking to get his big pay day after next season wherever that is.  So he has zero incentive to play poorly on purpose.

As far as his play, he could just be having a down year.  He could be dealing with a nagging injury.  Or it could be due to Dennis getting more minutes.  There could be a number of things going on.

Not sure that he's been healthy for the last three months. He has not had a positive effect on the team other than adding more depth by returning, the three ball is saving him from being really bad as his inside the arc %'s (mostly finishing) look like they're probably under 40% for his last 25 games.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk. Did Jeffrey requested a trade himself? 

Jeff: Hey Coach, I know there have been some calls of some GMs...

Bud: And?

Jeff: Since it seems you fell in love with Dennis... Maybe I should get a reset somewhere else.

Bud: Oh no Jeff. We will go on and keep develop everybody. He earned bis minutes.

Jeff: We will see, my trade value may regress in near future...

But I yesterday I thought he tried to increase his defensive effort, but trying to guard his man full court ended in that highlight dunk...

Edited by rd79

Teagues only value at this point is his familiarity with this team, his depth, and his speed....but I would trade all of that for younger quick speedy pg or SF that can play defense and rebound as their best abilities .

Hand Dennis that starting position please!

Edited by JTB