• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Rockets

lethalweapon3

The prevailing sentiment from the league and even the man of whom the strategy is named for is "make your damn free throws" but these whiny fans try to counter with "learn to play defense" and that it ruins the spirit of the game.  Like seriously, a Detroit fan said this to me when the team beat them last and my retort was "didn't the Bad Boy's form of "defense" consist of putting Jordan on his ass rather than, you know, playing defense?" 

Their response, of course, was "yea, but that was different".......

Well, there's basically a Rocky IV montage on youtube of Jordan hitting the weights in a gym to counter the "Jordan Rules" so there's no excuse why a guy like Deandre can't get in a gym to counter his own "Jordan Rules".  I don't care to hear how these guys shoot 90% in practice or make 500 a day, every great shooter will tell you to practice replicating game situations.  Get an assistant to use a blow horn while you're shooting, do wind sprints and/or a set of bench presses before reps, find a psychologist/hypnotist/guru to help you find your zen at the line, or just have an assistant sneak Valium into your Gatorade.  If all else fails then I'm sure the embarrassment of losing a playoff series because you airballed 2 straight free throws far outweighs shooting granny style.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It's really sad to say that I've yet to watch a single Hawks game all season... Been a crazy last six months!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! We could use some new Squawkchat-heads when you get freed up!

~lw3

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

I'm not convinced it's really him.  Dolfan probably resurrecting dead accounts to troll us.

Seriously though, welcome bak @PSSSHHHRRR87.  Hope this means your year's getting better or atleast it means the warden's allowing internet privileges now? :biggrin:

• Moderators

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

I'm not convinced it's really him.  Dolfan probably resurrecting dead accounts to troll us.

Seriously though, welcome bak @PSSSHHHRRR87.  Hope this means your year's getting better or atleast it means the warden's allowing internet privileges now? :biggrin:

It's been a great, but busy last few months... Finally settled in my new place, finally have my computer set back up w/ internet access, and finally am past the holiday craziness and expenses. Work keeps me busy and I'm exhausted by the time tipoff is happening. Plus, with Ballstreams going AWOL, I'm either forced to continue watching grainy streams or given in to the cable monster. I've been wanting to go to a Hawks game all season, but I haven't even been able to tune in on game night.

But I'm back now through Tapatalk and once I figure out how I want to watch the Hawks on the big screen, I'll be more active again.

~dolf

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It's been a great, but busy last few months... Finally settled in my new place, finally have my computer set back up w/ internet access, and finally am past the holiday craziness and expenses. Work keeps me busy and I'm exhausted by the time tipoff is happening. Plus, with Ballstreams going AWOL, I'm either forced to continue watching grainy streams or given in to the cable monster. I've been wanting to go to a Hawks game all season, but I haven't even been able to tune in on game night.

But I'm back now through Tapatalk and once I figure out how I want to watch the Hawks on the big screen, I'll be more active again.

~dolf

So I guess this means you're no longer shackin up with your folks?

• Moderators

45 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

~dolf

So I guess this means you're no longer shackin up with your folks?

Nope! Just my bro and I living outside of Atlanta!

22 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

~dolf

Good to see the warden's granted you computer access.  Maybe Dolfan will get off the warden's naughty list sooner or later?  The board is off it's meds and being overrun by crazies.  And that means a LOT coming from me.

When I'm on the road I usually bug @gonzo for a stream to watch.  He tunes in from Europe (I think) so he usually has a link that's clean to watch that works well.

15 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Nope! Just my bro and I living outside of Atlanta!

That's awesome! Food will starting tasting better and you'll have more self confidence than you ever dreamed-Jerry Seinfeld