• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The question becomes, "what in the actual f*ck is Brett Brown doing then?"  He has a great rep around the league because PHI supposedly plays hard.  In reality, they just look like an unorganized mess.

Agreed the roster is a bunch of duplicated pieces, none of which match what they supposedly want to run (which is certainly Hinkie's fault).

I love that deal you proposed for Grant.  @sturt shot it down with some good logic.  However, I wonder if Colangelo is as high on Grant for their future as the prior regime seemed to be.

I liked the last-year version of Covington though.  He's regressed a lot since getting his deal (hmmm).

True but Brown can only do so much from the bench, they lack on court leadership. 

Covington didn't get a deal ( i think u mean Middleton)

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Why is it funny? Until last night THJr had played 56 minutes. It's expected. Dennis has been a regular rotation guy, played a lot with starters. THJr did have a lot of garbage minutes in 4th while Dennis sat.

Your hate for the trade shining through....Let it gooooo! LOL.

I am very happy with Hardaway's game from yesterday.  It is just unusual to see the literal doubling of someone's production in the same minutes.  I was looking at what they both did in 18 minutes and change and then noticed it was literally 4 rebounds to 2 rebounds, 6 assists to 3 assists and then I kept comparing and it kept going.  I don't know that I've ever seen that.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Somehow in a major blowout Teague, Korver, Splitter managed a negative +/-.   That ain't good.  

I don't care much about +/- in any particular game.  I care if our guy was letting his mark destroy us but just because he was on the court when they scored or when we missed doesn't mean it is all his fault.  I only care about that stat in bigger sizes.

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I wonder why Patterson is in street clothes.  Is Hardaway and Holiday outplaying him in practice?

Bud's messing with us, lol.

I would like to see the bulk of minutes go to THJr, then Bud can rotate Patterson and Holiday.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am very happy with Hardaway's game from yesterday.  It is just unusual to see the literal doubling of someone's production in the same minutes.  I was looking at what they both did in 18 minutes and change and then noticed it was literally 4 rebounds to 2 rebounds, 6 assists to 3 assists and then I kept comparing and it kept going.  I don't know that I've ever seen that.

C'mon man, you are better than this.

That's nit picking. 

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

C'mon man, you are better than this.

That's nit picking. 

It isn't picking at all.  It was a strange box score outcome - like someone getting a 4x5 day with 6 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals and 4 blocks.  Funny - that is a really unusual set of numbers.  Same for Dennis / THJr.  Again, this was THJr's best game ever as a Hawk and I want to see him keep that up against better competition.  The fact that Dennis did more is expected because he is a better player.  It has the same significance as if Sap and Muscala both played 20 minutes and had 8 rebounds to 4, 4 assists  to 2, 2 blocks to 1, 11 points to 6, etc.  It is not criticism of THJr. 

Trust me, I'm not real subtle about my abject disappointment in that trade and this isn't an expression of that.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Hardaway did have a good game.  Made some really nice passes which was good to see.   His effort on D was good.   He's pretty bouncy on D though.   Definitely trying to show everyone that he's GIVING A LOT OF EFFORT.      So far I'm just not seeing any reason not to play him more.  

Somehow in a major blowout Teague, Korver, Splitter managed a negative +/-.   That ain't good.  

His one on one defense was very good, but did struggle at times knowing where to be off-ball, showing indecision about whether to help out or stay with his man at the three point line, but this started happening more in the fourth quarter when we were up 30 points. During the time he came in during the second quarter and we started to make our run he looked very good on both ends.

One thing that has stood out is that he is not forcing his shots at all, and made several moves to set up teamates. Those three assists he had were very nice setups and it was a part of his game that was non existant during his NY days.  Looking forward to him becoming a regular rotation guy and seeing his role expand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You were a no show in chat. I hollered.

She sauntered in late in the 3rd qtr.  Lately she has to make 'an entrance' you know.

I told her you wanted to scream at her.  She got scared.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

She sauntered in late in the 3rd qtr.  Lately she has to make 'an entrance' you know.

I told her you wanted to scream at her.  She got scared.

I said yell not scream...lol...but changed it from yell to holla...:-|

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Well this had to do with the fact the ball was in Schros hands at least twice as much as Hardaways', as Hardaway was playing Korver's/Demarre's position on the court , which involved standing in the corners and being the fourth option on offense.  while Schro was the focul point of pretty much every offensive posession, setting up the offense and running pick and roles with our bigs. I mean such a stat line is not uncommon at all, really, for example, how many times did Teague double Demarre's production in assists and points last year playing similar minutes? It happened regularily. Pointing out that the PG has three more assists (he also had three more turnovers) than the SF, and six more points on three more shots is just a bizarre observation.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Well this had to do with the fact the ball was in Schros hands at least twice as much as Hardaways', as Hardaway was playing Korver's/Demarre's position on the court , which involved standing in the corners and being the fourth option on offense.  while Schro was the focul point of pretty much every offensive posession, setting up the offense and running pick and roles with our bigs. I mean such a stat line is not uncommon at all, really, for example, how many times did Teague double Demarre's production in assists and points last year playing similar minutes? It happened regularily. Pointing out that the PG has three more assists (he also had three more turnovers) than the SF, and six more points on three more shots is just a bizarre observation.

That makes sense.  I know I rebound better, steal the ball better and put up a better +/- by virtue of handling the ball more.  Seriously, I feel like you are missing the point of why I found this to be unusual.  It was the range of stats that struck me as so odd.  In your example, Teague would also have to double DMC's rebounds, steals and +/- in the same minutes.  However, this is purely anecdotal -- I haven't researched it at all.  Perhaps it is common.

If this isn't unusual, give me the examples of when this has happened with two Atlanta Hawks players playing the same minutes.  Looking for something as consistent and diverse as this:

Rebounds  4-2

Assists 6-3

Steals  2-1

Points  14-8

+/-  +33-+18

Time played:  18:55 to 18:43

Go.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

That makes sense.  I know I rebound better, steal the ball better and put up a better +/- by virtue of handling the ball more.  Seriously, I feel like you are missing the point of why I found this to be unusual.  It was the range of stats that struck me as so odd.  In your example, Teague would also have to double DMC's rebounds, steals and +/- in the same minutes.  However, this is purely anecdotal -- I haven't researched it at all.  Perhaps it is common.

If this isn't unusual, give me the examples of when this has happened with two Atlanta Hawks players playing the same minutes.  Looking for something as consistent and diverse as this:

Rebounds  4-2

Assists 6-3

Steals  2-1

Points  14-8

+/-  +33-+18

Time played:  18:55 to 18:43

Go.

Are you serious? This is the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. You are understanding this is an 18 minute sample size right? 

• Premium Member

Here you go Game 3 against Cavs... took me literally 40 seconds, this fits the criteria outside of steals (really 2-1 steals edge from your PG compared to your SF is supposed to be a noteworthy event???)

Jeff Teague: 30 pts, 7 assits, 6 rebounds,  1 stl, 1 blk 

Carroll: 10 pts, 2 assists, 3 rebounds 2 stl, 1 blk. 

This is 3x the pts 3x the assists, and twice the rebounds in the same amount of time 42 minutes played.