• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He has the ability, it's just the consistency and the mindset has to be better. 

He's looked great since coming back from his unofficial suspension

Oh, and AHF,

Two games by Lowry this year where he doubles up Demarre in almost every category including +- in similar amount of minutes.

Raptors/Wizards. Nov 28th 2015

Lowry: 27 pts, 3 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 stls, 1 blk +6 34 mins played

Carroll: 4 pts, 1 assits, 4 rebounds, 1 stl, 0 blks +3 28 mins played

Raptors/Mavs, Nov Nov 3rd 2015

Lowry: 20 pts, 10 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 stls, 2 blks +25 37 mins played, 

Carroll: 3 pts, 1 assist, 5 rebounds, 1 stl, 0 blk +1 34 mins played. 

• Premium Member
On 8/1/2016 at 2:27 PM, AHF said:

mThat makes sense.  I know I rebound better, steal the ball better and put up a better +/- by virtue of handling the ball more.  Seriously, I feel like you are missing the point of why I found this to be unusual.  It was the range of stats that struck me as so odd.  In your example, Teague would also have to double DMC's rebounds, steals and +/- in the same minutes.  However, this is purely anecdotal -- I haven't researched it at all.  Perhaps it is common.

If this isn't unusual, give me the examples of when this has happened with two Atlanta Hawks players playing the same minutes.  Looking for something as consistent and diverse as this:

Rebounds  4-2

Assists 6-3

Steals  2-1

Points  14-8

+/-  +33-+18

Time played:  18:55 to 18:43

Go.

Oh just happened with Kyle Korver and Horford btw.. Horford AT LEAST doubled him up in every single category including +-

• Moderators

I'm sure there are other examples of this happening but your (bad) examples suggest you completely misunderstood my post as one remarking on the success of the two players and not the weird statistical line.  If you are focused on who had the better game, than Lowry having 6x the points, 3x the assists, 2x the rebounds, +/- and blocks in similar minutes seems the same as near identical minutes with 2x across the board.  Of course, I was never focused on who had the better game.  That is what made that line interesting from a pure numbers perspective for me - near identical minutes (which is not typical) and a 2x ratio almost across the line (which is unusual) which in combination struck me as very unusual.

The only way your posts make sense is if you ignore what I wrote about and start taking it as criticism of THJr and then pointing out people who had similar minutes and 2x or greater ratios becomes some kind of defense.  It wasn't a criticism of him -- in fact this was his best game as a Hawk.  It was the near identical minutes and a strange 2x line.  An example where someone puts up 7x the points, 10x the assists, 1x the rebounds, 3x the steals, etc. in different minutes played is just headscratching why it is mentioned if you take the time to read what I am talking about.

I'll be direct when I crap on THJr (who hopefully is starting to give up reasons to cheer).  This wasn't a crap on him.  I just found the identical minutes and consistent ratio to be an interesting anomoly - kind of like if someone had 1 point, 2 blocks, 3 steals, 4 assists, 5 rebounds, +6 +/-.  That would be a strange line but getting up in arms about it and pointing out that 'someone else had a game with 20 points, 3 blocks, 4 steals, 7 assists, 14 rebounds and +14 +/- so there' would be similarly headscratching.

This was THJr's best game and I hope he has a dozen more like this regardless of what Dennis does in those games.