Official Game Preview: Hawks at Hornets

lethalweapon3

4 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

1. Golden State
  2. San Antonio
  3. Cleveland

4. Thunder

The rest of the league is shit.

100% Truth

3 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I haven't seen the game yet, but man.  And they want to keep this thing together?  Some changes need to be made as the Hawks can't seem to hide their glaring deficiencies anymore.

Don't look bro.

Well Millsap had some awesome circus shots, that's about it.

Oh ...and Kyle had to take off his socks and shoes to cut his toenails.  

Those were the Hawks highlights. 

For whatever reason, this team is terrible whenever they get a few games off

This was a total team L. Everyone who suited up for the Hawks stunk tonight. Trying to put the blame on one or two guys is being disingenuous .

Al was invisible

Jeff was awful

Dennis was awful

Kyle continues to be awful

Baze was out of control

Bench did nothing

Sap was terrible defensively. I don't know what it is but he seems to struggle whenever he defends stretch bigs. Its kind of ironic considering he is a stretch big himself.  He over helps on defense and the guy he is defending   pops out with clean looks all the time.

Moves need to be made but honestly Sap might be the only guy with any real value . Its easy saying trade this guy or that guy but I never see any legit reason why the other team would do it. Some of you guys play NBA 2K way too much.  Average players are not going to get us a good package in return.

\

Edited by Sarcatic1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

For whatever reason, this team is terrible whenever they get a few games off

This was a total team L. Everyone who suited up for the Hawks stunk tonight. Trying to put the blame on one or two guys is being disingenuous .

Al was invisible

Jeff was awful

Dennis was awful

Kyle continues to be awful

Baze was out of control

Bench did nothing

Sap was terrible defensively. I don't know what it is but he seems to struggle whenever he defends stretch bigs. Its kind of ironic considering he is a stretch big himself.  He over helps on defense and the guy he is defending   pops out with clean looks all the time.

Moves need to be made but honestly Sap might be the only guy with any real value . Its easy saying trade this guy or that guy but I never see any legit reason why the other team would do it. Some of you guys play NBA 2K way too much.  Average players are not going to get us a good package in return.

\

I was at the game.  It looks like the Hawks didn't take them seriously like they were going through the motions. I saw Al get frustrated when he got to quick fouls on him but other than that it seemed like nobody but Millsap and Bazemore cared. I think they're just looking too far ahead to the big games since playoffs are months away. It sucks because they're going to be playing some lottery teams over the next couple of games until they play LAC so I don't know how they could keep themselves motivated. You see Wade grabbing Whiteside by the jersey in tonight's game for not setting a pick, we need to see some of that in ATL.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I was at the game.  It looks like the Hawks didn't take them seriously like they were going through the motions. I saw Al get frustrated when he got to quick fouls on him but other than that it seemed like nobody but Millsap and Bazemore cared. I think they're just looking too far ahead to the big games since playoffs are months away. It sucks because they're going to be playing some lottery teams over the next couple of games until they play LAC so I don't know how they could keep themselves motivated. You see Wade grabbing Whiteside by the jersey in tonight's game for not setting a pick, we need to see some of that in ATL.

Sap has been the only consistent guy this year. Baze plays hard all the time but sometimes he gets a little wild. However those are the only 2 guys where you dont question the effort. We might have too many nice guys. We dont have a guy that will chew someone out for not playing hard or  for making a dumb play. A guy that isnt afraid to hold his teammates accountable. 

Been a very frustrating year. Look like a top 2 team one night then a team that should be picking in the lottery the next.

Edited by Sarcatic1

Really crapped their pants in this one.

A move must be made, or at least someone needs to step the F up and show some damn heart and leadership. This is pathetic.

Less Uno, more basketball. Or something. Damn.

Might be time for another one of those hard practices, coach. Or ten.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Sap has been the only consistent guy this year. Baze plays hard all the time but sometimes he gets a little wild. However those are the only 2 guys where you dont question the effort. We might have too many nice guys. We dont have a guy that will chew someone out for not playing hard or  for making a dumb play. A guy that isnt afraid to hold his teammates accountable. 

Been a very frustrating year. Look like a top 2 team one night then a team that should be picking in the lottery the next.

Yeah he's earned his contract. I appreciate Baze's effort. I think the Hawks might deal with that more low key like in film sessions and practices etc. closed off to the media so it doesn't get out to the media which draws distractions to the team.  Obviously something is going on when we see Dennis' playing time being inconsistent and Bud being PC about it.

Me personally, I think they know they're good and just need to stay humble instead of playing down to their competition. They hadn't even clinched homecourt and as tight as the East is, the way they're playing could give them 8th seed and last thing they want is CLE in the first round especially with Thabo's health issues.

10 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:
  1. Golden State
  2. San Antonio
  3. Cleveland

4. Thunder

The rest of the league is shit.                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Dude, what's with all the spaces?

I don't even think the Thunder are that close to that group.  They're a regular season team just like the Bulls.

Big Alice with the -30 last night.  Wow.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't even think the Thunder are that close to that group.  They're a regular season team just like the Bulls.

The Thunder can't get better until one if their superstars is gone.  Their team just doesn't have flow anymore and is a shell of themselves from when they had the humble role playing James Harden that everybody loved.  Hell, they looked better with Derrick  Fisher running the point.  

Ibaka kills them too though.  If you told me he'd become a perimeter player 5 years ago I'd think you were crazy.  Turns out I'm the crazy one.  He and Al trying to be Bosh.  They ain't Bosh and never played with LeBron.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yeah it's not even the all star break and it's a 3 team race already.   I agree that the Thunder shouldn't even be in the conversation.  

I picked the right game to not watch.     The few highlights i saw mostly consisted of Splitter waving at guys making layups.   Unless Hardaway really starts playing out of his mind, Bud's offseason was a total failure.   Subtract DMC, Pero, Brand, Jenkins  add Splitter, Holiday, Patterson, Edy.    We are in a position to contend but we need to make some bold moves.  

• Premium Member

The Hawks just dont have the pieces to compete at the top level.  Teague is a headcase, Sap And Baze show up every night, the rest of the team not so.   Splitter and Thabo set out if they have a toenail.   

On top of that, I don't think they will be players at the deadline because Bud 1. is headstrong, and 2. he is not a GM.   

• Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah it's not even the all star break and it's a 3 team race already.   I agree that the Thunder shouldn't even be in the conversation.  

I picked the right game to not watch.     The few highlights i saw mostly consisted of Splitter waving at guys making layups.   Unless Hardaway really starts playing out of his mind, Bud's offseason was a total failure.   Subtract DMC, Pero, Brand, Jenkins  add Splitter, Holiday, Patterson, Edy.    We are in a position to contend but we need to make some bold moves.  

This team isn't in a position to contend for a title, but I do agree that bold moves are needed.  If they commit more money to this core, then they'll stay in the wasteland of the NBA, which is the middle of the pack.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The Thunder can't get better until one if their superstars is gone.  Their team just doesn't have flow anymore and is a shell of themselves from when they had the humble role playing James Harden that everybody loved.  Hell, they looked better with Derrick  Fisher running the point.  

Ibaka kills them too though.  If you told me he'd become a perimeter player 5 years ago I'd think you were crazy.  Turns out I'm the crazy one.  He and Al trying to be Bosh.  They ain't Bosh and never played with LeBron.

The difference is that Bosh frequently complained about not getting touches in the post.  Al seems perfectly content manning his station at the top of the key on every play.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

The difference is that Bosh frequently complained about not getting touches in the post.  Al seems perfectly content manning his station at the top of the key on every play.

Add the fact that when Bosh touches at the elbow, he's pumped, drove, and dunked hundreds of times, with And 1s a third of the time.  I can count on my hands the number of times Al has, highlighting all the skills he lacks on top of a post game.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Things aren't working right for me. It skips a space every time I hit enter and it just acts all crazy on me.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

This team isn't in a position to contend for a title, but I do agree that bold moves are needed.  If they commit more money to this core, then they'll stay in the wasteland of the NBA, which is the middle of the pack.

This team won't contend but with just one or two bold moves it could.  That's what i meant.    A lot of teams need a complete overhaul but we don't.  Problem is i just don't see how we make the moves we need without a lot of luck.    There again I think we have a couple players who i don't want to mention that should be moved for the greater good.   I'd hate to see them go but you have to give up some thing to get something.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

This team won't contend but with just one or two bold moves it could.  That's what i meant.    A lot of teams need a complete overhaul but we don't.  Problem is i just don't see how we make the moves we need without a lot of luck.    There again I think we have a couple players who i don't want to mention that should be moved for the greater good.   I'd hate to see them go but you have to give up some thing to get something.

Fully agree.  Now if we could just get Bud to see it.