• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

MLK day dawns with the Hawks in 1st place!

Gray Mule

• Moderators

Well we can hope for a great trade that puts us in contention or there's the possibility of key injuries to the Cavs.   If we were to play them in the playoffs right now we'd be in trouble.   I hope Wilcox is working the phones.   So far there are no trade rumors involving the hawks.  In fact if you google hawks trade rumors about all you get is 'hawks think horford is off limits'

• Like 3

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well we can hope for a great trade that puts us in contention or there's the possibility of key injuries to the Cavs.   If we were to play them in the playoffs right now we'd be in trouble.   I hope Wilcox is working the phones.   So far there are no trade rumors involving the hawks.  In fact if you google hawks trade rumors about all you get is 'hawks think horford is off limits'

As long as Lebron is healthy, no one in the East has a chance.  The Hawks could be completely healthy and play the same Cavs team we saw in the ECF last season and the result would still be the same.  The Cavs will probably manage their key guys down the stretch to keep them healthier.

As far as trades, I just can't shake the feeling that the Hawks are more than happy to play out this season with the same roster, pay Horford max money and then try to convince some role players to take less money to come play here.

• Like 2

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

As long as Lebron is healthy, no one in the East has a chance.  The Hawks could be completely healthy and play the same Cavs team we saw in the ECF last season and the result would still be the same.  The Cavs will probably manage their key guys down the stretch to keep them healthier.

As far as trades, I just can't shake the feeling that the Hawks are more than happy to play out this season with the same roster, pay Horford max money and then try to convince some role players to take less money to come play here.

SSDD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Cavs can be beat. Hawks just have to play every game like it's Nique Night and Game 3 of the ECF. It's just I can't count on Teague to play aggressive for a whole series, Thabo to stay healthy, Scott to make his shots and Dennis to consistently play within the system.

Yeah, I can't  see the Hawks making any big moves either. I just wonder is it guaranteed Horford will stay. His people have been quiet now , the firing of his agents seem kind of funny and he just been saying all the right things in interviews. He always seem to talk PC. Part of me thinks he just talk like that so he doesn't come off as a diva. 

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Cavs can be beat. Hawks just have to play every game like it's Nique Night and Game 3 of the ECF. It's just I can't count on Teague to play aggressive for a whole series, Thabo to stay healthy, Scott to make his shots and Dennis to consistently play within the system.

Yeah, I can't  see the Hawks making any big moves either. I just wonder is it guaranteed Horford will stay. His people have been quiet now , the firing of his agents seem kind of funny and he just been saying all the right things in interviews. He always seem to talk PC. Part of me thinks he just talk like that so he doesn't come off as a diva. 

Nique night was in no way indicative of what would take place in a seven game series versus the Cavs.  It wasn't just that the Hawks played well, but the Cavs didn't play well and they won't play that poorly in a playoff scenario against the Hawks for four games as we've already seen.

And I think the quietness around Horford is indicative of what's likely to come and what was reported last month.  The Hawks are going to pay him max money.

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

@macdaddy   This is the only thing I came across regarding Hawks and Trades (It's more about not trading though.) a peachtree hoops podcast...http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/1/17/10783372/atlanta-hawks-trade-rumors-teague-and-more

• Premium Member

I don't see any trades coming either. Our best "trade" is hoping we get a better second half of the season from players like Splitter, Teague, Korver and Horford (effort wise).

Still a lot of basketball left to play! Like Mule said, we are first in our division so that's positive. We will end up battling the Raptors and Bulls for 2-4 as the season goes on. Hopefully having to actually compete this year  to improve playoff position will help us later in the season.

58 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I don't see any trades coming either. Our best "trade" is hoping we get a better second half of the season from players like Splitter, Teague, Korver and Horford (effort wise).

Still a lot of basketball left to play! Like Mule said, we are first in our division so that's positive. We will end up battling the Raptors and Bulls for 2-4 as the season goes on. Hopefully having to actually compete this year  to improve playoff position will help us later in the season.

Agreed. I love d running away with the conference last year but having too big of a lead messes with your momentum as a team. I always find that a team that has to fight until the playoffs goes in having a better chance than a team that has glided all year.

• Premium Member

Korver not hitting his 3's to the level he did last season is what this team truly miss. Besides stretching the defense, his 3's gives a boost to the Hawks confidence. Now, with that said the main problem I see with the Hawks is our defense. I'm I the only one who thinks we hedge too hard on defense? 

3 hours ago, cam1218 said:

Yeah, Splitter hasn't really shown us anything. Korver and Thabo will eventually get healthy.

3 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Nique night was in no way indicative of what would take place in a seven game series versus the Cavs.  It wasn't just that the Hawks played well, but the Cavs didn't play well and they won't play that poorly in a playoff scenario against the Hawks for four games as we've already seen.

And I think the quietness around Horford is indicative of what's likely to come and what was reported last month.  The Hawks are going to pay him max money.

You really think so? I thought Hawks D was legit. Spurs and GS seem to show mismatches are key to beat LeBron. 

Makes sense. For all the talk to be like the Spurs, these Hawks are pretty money hungry. Millsap got the max with a ETO (maybe he takes less in 2017).  

Duncan took 11 mil less than the max when he was around Horford's age for his 2nd deal. If they want talent around them to win they're going to have to sacrifice. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

You really think so? I thought Hawks D was legit. Spurs and GS seem to show mismatches are key to beat LeBron. 

Makes sense. For all the talk to be like the Spurs, these Hawks are pretty money hungry. Millsap got the max with a ETO (maybe he takes less in 2017).  

Duncan took 11 mil less than the max when he was around Horford's age for his 2nd deal. If they want talent around them to win they're going to have to sacrifice. 

The Cavs had the Buckhead flu that night.  The playoffs were a true showing of how those teams match up.

And don't waste your time hoping these guys are going to take less money because it's not going to happen.  The Hawks are not the Spurs and the players don't view this the way fans do.  Millsap is banking on even more money when he opts out and Horford is definitely going to get max money.

Hawks began MLK day in first place and thanks to their win today, they are still there.

Cavs, we know, are going to win tonight.  They have given the G.S. Warriors a false sense

of security by letting them be ahead 70-44 at halftime!

Wasn't that a great win for the Hawks on MLK day!!  Nice way to begin our second half

of the season and two in a row.  We're not great like our esteemed eastern leader but

we can enjoy where we are in the Southeast Division.  1st and winning!

LOVE MY HAWKS !!

:air_kiss:

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

The Cavs had the Buckhead flu that night.  The playoffs were a true showing of how those teams match up.

And don't waste your time hoping these guys are going to take less money because it's not going to happen.  The Hawks are not the Spurs and the players don't view this the way fans do.  Millsap is banking on even more money when he opts out and Horford is definitely going to get max money.

Eh...two guys who are going to be making 25+ mil in their 30's, taking up half the cap and they're going to have a PG get the max too which should be over 18 mil.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Eh...two guys who are going to be making 25+ mil in their 30's, taking up half the cap and they're going to have a PG get the max too which should be over 18 mil.

That's pretty much what we'll be looking at.  Do you think that wins a title?

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

A Jeff trade will need to be epic. Meaning, we need to get a great young prospect or a legit SF who can really play and do well in our system. 

Kenneth Faried.  

Bolster the frontcourt if Teague is dealt.  Teague + THJ for Faried.

Not that I want Jeff traded, but I wouldn't be mad at that.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises