• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Midterm Grades. (NBA.COM)

Diesel

But, but, but, Cleveland has "The King" and they are going to win it all.  Players don't

have to draw any salary to go there and play.  Just show up, sign up and go win a ring!

Seriously, does any one even think that Bud would agree to trade away ANY of his roster?

Remember, trading means give and get.  You gotta get rid of a player or players in order to

get someone else.  Sure we could, but will we?  Who?

On 1/20/2016 at 2:44 PM, Diesel said:

Hawks Midterm Grade

B-

I have to agree with a lot of what we see here.   We don't always pass the eye test.  Atleast we beat the teams we're supposed to.

What do you think?

The Hawks came under the radar last season. The return of Horford was huge. I think they got a little cocky this year, not taking teams like the Kings, Hornets, etc. seriously but they come ready to play when they play Chicago, Miami etc. 

They look smart now not resigning Carroll but I'm surprised at how Teague and Korver have been playing, especially Teague. Atleast Korver got an excuse being 35 and coming off multiple off-season surgeries. Bud may need to bench one of them or both of them if he wants that spark back from last season otherwise this team is going through the motions.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

The Hawks came under the radar last season. The return of Horford was huge. I think they got a little cocky this year, not taking teams like the Kings, Hornets, etc. seriously but they come ready to play when they play Chicago, Miami etc. 

They look smart now not resigning Carroll but I'm surprised at how Teague and Korver have been playing, especially Teague. Atleast Korver got an excuse being 35 and coming off multiple off-season surgeries. Bud may need to bench one of them or both of them if he wants that spark back from last season otherwise this team is going through the motions.

Why do we always assume that when the Hawks lose to teams with bad records that they didn't take them seriously?  They aren't above simply getting beat by bad teams at times as they are a flawed team.

9 hours ago, Jody23 said:

Why do we always assume that when the Hawks lose to teams with bad records that they didn't take them seriously?  They aren't above simply getting beat by bad teams at times as they are a flawed team.

On paper, they're the second best team in the East and a better team than last year.