• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

He'll probably play, but...

Also an OT: Former Atlanta high school dropout and local hustleball star-turned-longtime NBAer Anthony Carter is in his first season as an assistant coach, working under George Karl. Carter spent the past two seasons with Austin's D-League as an assistant. Coincidentally, his last big NBA hurrah came against Rondo and the Celtics back in 2011, as the 35-year-old guard tried in vain to help the Knicks avoid a playoff sweep.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba-news/184468-carters-survival-instincts-not-enough-to-keep-knicks-alive-vs-celtics

During his down teenage years in Atlanta – he’d later earn his GED, play at a junior college, then at the University of Hawaii – Carter often participated in pickup games organized by neighborhood drug dealers. They’d put thousands of dollars on the line; he’d use the winnings to buy food or shoes. He once described those games as “like blood out there. Game point? You ain't going to get no layup."

~lw3

• Like 1

Should win this one, but Hawks are 1.5 underdogs according to Vegas.   Anyway the Kings have been playing well this month amassing a 6-3 record and have won three in a row.  Short flight from Portland down to Sactown.  I hope Demarcus is wearing his cup tonight.  Dennis is coming for you bro.

• Like 1

Awesome game thread lw3! When Vivek took over the Kings and hired guys like Vlade Vlade we likes to party and Mully I thought that the Kings would either rebuild and get better or get better with vet guys. Neither has happened as they are on the treadmill. Speaking of Vivek, he's got a pretty cute daughter. (She represented the Queens in the draft lottery). I loved the Lackers reference lol. You mentioned that the Queens give up the most 3 pointers attempted in the league. If this is the case, they are in deep doo doo not only against us but if they happen to make the playoffs against the Warriors, some playoff records could be set. As you mentioned, we've won 15 straight against them and 7 straight at Arco (sleep bus arena).  I think if we execute tonight, we will dominate.  The strange thing to me is that I would have thought we would be favored by 3.5-5.5 but the Kings are -1 favorites to win. This excites and scares me at the same time. I'm itching to throw down on it. Oh, and thanks for all that chicken talk, by the end of the night I'll be wiping my greasy hands with wet naps and looking into an empty bucket. :-(

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Admin

We were terrible tonight ... Just terrible

we need a rebounder ... I am tired of giving up so many offensive rebounds

both point guards were pitiful tonight

DMC is doing his best Josh Smith imitation with his facial expressions, crying to refs and not running the floor when things don't go his way

• Like 2

We have to have the worst buzzer-beating possessions in the history of the NBA over the last few years. I say this all the time because it happens all the time. We're lucky to even get a shot off on most occasions. It's pathetic. So was the rebounding tonight (more than usual). When we weren't giving them up outright we were fouling or fumbling the ball. That was an annoying loss.

I'm convinced Kyle has some pics of Bud in a compromising position because I see no other reason this dude gets to play so bad on both ends yet other guys see pine.

Both point guards were bad again tonight. Would be nice if we could get both to play well at the same time.  And it looks like Jeff was pissed for being benched and I cant blame him when you consider our starting sg can stink it up and continue to play

At least Hardaway Jr  played well

Bud and his out of timeout plays are smdh worth.  And nice job adding a center that does not rebound despite how bad we need rebounding

Really need to consider removing both Teague and Korver from the starting lineup and trying more of the Schröder with Korver/Bazemore/Millsap/Horford lineup. Or at least running more of Schröder with those 4, as there are serious differences between how the team plays with Teague in or with Schröder in.

38 minutes ago, High5 said:

We have to have the worst buzzer-beating possessions in the history of the NBA over the last few years. I say this all the time because it happens all the time. We're lucky to even get a shot off on most occasions. It's pathetic. So was the rebounding tonight (more than usual). When we weren't giving them up outright we were fouling or fumbling the ball. That was an annoying loss.

Bud got to get more creative. Teams have figured out they like to give Korver the ball in those situations.

39 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not even going to win a playoff series because of the comical rebounding unless the defensive scheme is fixed to allow them, or Horford is replaced.

Horford did his thing. It's the scheme. I was shocked at how the SAC commentators trying to give excuses for Splitter's bad performance against Cousins, saying Horford played against him more...