• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Kings

lethalweapon3

39 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I'm convinced Kyle has some pics of Bud in a compromising position because I see no other reason this dude gets to play so bad on both ends yet other guys see pine.

Both point guards were bad again tonight. Would be nice if we could get both to play well at the same time.  And it looks like Jeff was pissed for being benched and I cant blame him when you consider our starting sg can stink it up and continue to play

At least Hardaway Jr  played well

Bud and his out of timeout plays are smdh worth.  And nice job adding a center that does not rebound despite how bad we need rebounding

Yeah Kyle needs to get benched. It'll send a message. I wonder how the offense would look if they ran Korver's plays through Hardaway. 

Dennis made a lot of silly turnovers in the 3rd qtr, In the 4th qtr, he played more in control which he needs to do more consistently,  less turnovers, less forced shots and playing more  for his teammates. I  give them credit for making that comeback. Hawks have still much a lot work to do and to improve on,

I still believe Hawks can be one of the top elite teams in the NBA in the future , They just have to keep working hard, improving and learning from their mistakes,  It takes a lot of patience, hardwork, and dedication, to be a championship caliber team, which i really think Hawks will be one of those teams someday.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

WHUT??? Hot hand? Bud doesn't even try to give some believable answers. Like he also did when Dennis got his DNP-CDs...

If the anwers would be funny at least, ike "We wanted to give him some rest before the All-Star game"

Edited by rd79

Several gripes from the old man about last night's game:

1- Hawks left 5 points on the free throw line - - That's enough to win the game.

2- Our PG rotation has been running hot and cold - One hot, the other cold.

Last night, both Jeff and Dennis were really, really bad.

3- Hawks were out rebounded 56\42 while our best young rebounder rode the pine.

Tavares might have, if given the chance, made a difference.  Yet, he sat.

4- Several calls by the officials were questionably.  Who gets the ball?  No call on a late,

moving screen.  Final play, clock starts before any Hawk touched the ball.  So many fouls

called inside in the 4th quarter and ALMOST ALWAYS on Atlanta.

4- Tight rotation by Bud and this after a game the previous night and travel.  Hawks played

a good game, overall, considering everything that went wrong, because it was close at the end. 

FINALLY:  Did we learn anything from last night's game?  Will all these players be Hawks after

the trade deadline?  Will Atlanta make a move, any move, or will they stand pat?

2 hours ago, rd79 said:

WHUT??? Hot hand? Bud doesn't even try to give some believable answers. Like he also did when Dennis got his DNP-CDs...

If the anwers would be funny at least, ike "We wanted to give him some rest before the All-Star game"

Bud didn't say that, just Vivlamore's poor paraphrasing.  He said "the group (including Dennis) brought them back from the 17 point deficit and had a nice defensive rhythym."  

I have no problem with it at all.  Kyle is the definition of awful now but Bud is a stickler for effort, especially defensively.  Teague's is sad at times.  Al can dog it because the drop off between he and Splitter is much greater than Jeff and Dennis.  That gap is closing though.  It's conceivable Sap will quadruple Al's FT attempts soon.  Let that sink in.

I don't think Bud is making unilateral decisions out there.  I'm sure his staff is also complicit in Jeff riding pine.  None of them talk to him and his absence from a crunch time huddle just illustrates how far apart he and Bud are right now.  I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start next game.  

We just have to accept that Bud really likes Dennis but sees a court-ordered car breathalyzer in Jeff.

Can our PGs get their heads out of their collective asses? Geez

Like @DSFanboy said Bad Dennis, Worse Teague. 

No way should Dennis be our leading shot taker (14)  especially when he's launching 3 pointers all willy nilly early in the shot clock (about 4 of those 6 were just bad shots (Josh Smith-esque) I wanted to pull my hair out. Run the offense youngun.

Too many turnovers (6). He had a HORRIBLE 3rd q, much better 4th. His only saving grace from me was his defense. 

As @Gray Mule pointed out, missed freethrows. Last 2 games we've shot under 70% at the line.

19 Turnovers, we were just loosey goosey with the ball.

Rebounding,  I've given up.  SMH.  We fail to understand the concept of BOXING OUT.

No complaints for Millsap except his 5 TOs - gotta clean that up. No complaints for Thabo.

How low is Bud's confidence in Teague that he elects to go no PG for approx.  2 minutes mid 4th when he rested Dennis. The lineup was Al, Sap, Scott,Thabo and THJr - very strange lineup Bud.

We still can't run a competant fast break and the lack of execution on last minutes plays - smh. How many times will we not even get a shot off?

On the bright side: THJr played good minutes.

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I"m curious about the 2 minute report to see if they rule it a correct no call that Dennis got laid out on that last play.  

Ya, I want to see if Cousins turned that big butt of his sideways at the end of the screen. Dennis went down like a sack of potatoes lol. At least Dennis didn't grab a sack of nuts this time lol

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I"m curious about the 2 minute report to see if they rule it a correct no call that Dennis got laid out on that last play.  

I thought Dennis needlessly exaggerated there because it was his only option after getting beat.

The one I really really really want to see is if the L2M will show that the clock started early and basically took away a full second on Al's last shot. Of course when you go to the play-by-play section of the stats.nba.com site to try and get a replay of the last possession it is conveniently not there: http://stats.nba.com/game/#!/0021500643/playbyplay/#play572~

I doubt they comment on that play or on the Paul Millsap one. This is from remembering the Knicks game on January 5th where Melo straight up lost the ball when driving on Al Horford: http://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021500521&eventNum=557 They initially ruled Hawks ball, then "overturned" the call based on ... well I'm not sure what it was based on because you cannot see any conclusive evidence that Horford touched it and you're not supposed to overturn unless you have Clear and Conclusive evidence.

http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/01/L2M-NYK-ATL-1-5-16.pdf

BTW not sure if anyone talked about this but there was a stretch of a few minutes during the game where we had no pg in the game and Thabo was our pg. He handled it ok but what the heck was that look about? I hadn't seen that before.

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

BTW not sure if anyone talked about this but there was a stretch of a few minutes during the game where we had no pg in the game and Thabo was our pg. He handled it ok but what the heck was that look about? I hadn't seen that before.

We discussed it in chat (along with some really funny stuff about certain posters here).  Looked like Jeff got sent a message.  It's not like Thabo was playing all that well and Dennis was all over the place.

All in all, I'm glad to see THJr start to get his sea legs.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We discussed it in chat (along with some really funny stuff about certain posters here).  Looked like Jeff got sent a message.  It's not like Thabo was playing all that well and Dennis was all over the place.

All in all, I'm glad to see THJr start to get his sea legs.

Certain posters? Please elaborate yenta. Lol

Certain posters? Please elaborate yenta. Lol

Snitches get stitches ... Da heck is a yenta?  Should I be offended?  Where's Nzinga!  Get Jesse on the line!

Back on topic, I find it hilarious how much Cousins apparently hates Al.  It's equally hilarious how well Al actually defends him 1-on-1.  Al should never take off that sleeve.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Snitches get stitches ... Da heck is a yenta?  Should I be offended?  Where's Nzinga!  Get Jesse on the line!

Back on topic, I find it hilarious how much Cousins apparently hates Al.  It's equally hilarious how well Al actually defends him 1-on-1.  Al should never take off that sleeve.

I was shocked that Cuz was getting into it with SAP. What the heck was that. Sap is a pros pro. He rarely talks trash or goes at anybody for any reason. Cousins needs more meds, that guy is a looney.

I was shocked that Cuz was getting into it with SAP. What the heck was that. Sap is a pros pro. He rarely talks trash or goes at anybody for any reason. Cousins needs more meds, that guy is a looney.

Something must've happened.  What's even funnier is it wasn't really an altercation, it was basically a dad yelling at one of his kids for doing/saying something stupid.  Cousins' face was like, "But I didn't even do nuthin'?"

Cousins is a big, fat, coddled baby and Sap probably said something to him that he and every other child needs to hear from time to time: "No!"

Notice it didn't escalate from there?  That's 'cause he recognized Sap is a grown-a** man who said what he needed to say, he meant it and he dared Cousins to step wrong again.  Too bad no one in his camp, team, coaching staff, ownership group will do it on a regular basis.

JMHO, of course.  I could be dead wrong (for the 1st time).

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Something must've happened.  What's even funnier is it wasn't really an altercation, it was basically a dad yelling at one of his kids for doing/saying something stupid.  Cousins' face was like, "But I didn't even do nuthin'?"

Cousins is a big, fat, coddled baby and Sap probably said something to him that he and every other child needs to hear from time to time: "No!"

Notice it didn't escalate from there?  That's 'cause he recognized Sap is a grown-a** man who said what he needed to say, he meant it and he dared Cousins to step wrong again.  Too bad no one in his camp, team, coaching staff, ownership group will do it on a regular basis.

JMHO, of course.  I could be dead wrong (for the 1st time).

I wonder what a coach like Pop would do if he had Cuz...like had to have him. Pop dealt with Stephen Jax for a minute and kept him playing great and under control for a while then Jax blew up. Wonder if the same thing would happen with Cuz under Pop or even Bud.

9 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I wonder what a coach like Pop would do if he had Cuz...like had to have him. Pop dealt with Stephen Jax for a minute and kept him playing great and under control for a while then Jax blew up. Wonder if the same thing would happen with Cuz under Pop or even Bud.

I'd say the fact that he's made it to the NBA lets me know Cousins isn't so far gone that he wouldn't respond to an actual authority figure like Pop.  There'd be an adjustment period but even he'd be able to recognize it would be good for his career (and his wallet) to get with the program.

But then again, that could just be me trying to see the good in all people.  That's why I can come on here and put up with the likes of @hawksfanatic.  Actually, has anyone seen or heard from him.  They're getting ice up in the moonshine mountains of NC.  He might be stuck on his tractor heading to the store to buy up all the milk and bread on the shelf (not shelves).  Actually, why do people do that?  What can you cook/eat with a milk/bread combo?