• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics after Teague & Horford

JTB

50 minutes ago, rd79 said:

But I wouldn't pair Al with a big who has a similar skillset and hasn't proved he is starter material

The Hawks have to designate Kelly as a rebounder. I wouldnt use him on the perimeter. Skillsets have nothing to do with how a player is used SOMETIMES. Also, a lot of people want the Hawks to replace DMC with Crowder.  THATS not addressing their biggest need,  rebounding. Look, when the Hawks HAD DMC, they got dismantled by a superior rebounding team.  Until the address that, they spinning their wheels.

Basketball has a BIG thing in COMMON with football, POSSESSIONS.  In football, if you run the ball and play defense, you control time of POSSESSION. In basketball, if you REBOUND, you control POSSESSIONS.  What that does is NEGATE a superior teams advantage over you. ( talent wise).  When you play Golden State, they gonna score on THEIR possessions, so you BETTER LIMIT their possessions.  The Hawks need to get ugly on the boards because they cant keep up SCORING against teams like Golden State, San Antonio, Cleveland, etc.

Edited by Hawkmoor

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Any trade with BOS basically swaps our place in the East with theirs.  Why would yall want that?

Both teams have the same record , so i guess it wouldn't make a difference :laugh:
4. Hawks  27 -21
5. Celtics  27 - 21
6. Heat  26 - 21

If we lose to the Heat today and the Celtics win today, the standing will look like this.

4. Celtics 28- 21
5. Heat 27 - 21
6 . Hawks 27 -22
7. Pacers 25- 22
8.  Pistols 25- 23 

Maybe swapping places is not so bad :)

Edited by pimp

3 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks have to designate Kelly as a rebounder.

LMFAO at you calling Kelly a rebounder. He's about the same as Horford in rebounding, and there is no sign at all in which he has better potential in rebounding. He has averaged 7.7 rebounds per 36 the last two seasons.

I mean there's no sign in all in which of Kelly being a potential 10 rebound per game guy in the NBA. None at all.

The problem with rebounding is scheme, it's going to take a full on defensive scheme change and forgetting not chasing the offensive rebound for anything to change at all.

This will not change until next season, so Hawkmoor is better off stopping whining and crying about it.

6 hours ago, pimp said:

Both teams have the same record , so i guess it wouldn't make a difference :laugh:
4. Hawks  27 -21
5. Celtics  27 - 21
6. Heat  26 - 21

If we lose to the Heat today and the Celtics win today, the standing will look like this.

4. Celtics 28- 21
5. Heat 27 - 21
6 . Hawks 27 -22
7. Pacers 25- 22
8.  Pistols 25- 23 

Maybe swapping places is not so bad :)

I should've elaborated.  IMHO, despite their record, the Celts are bottom-dwellers in the East (8-10 level guys).   They'll be a playoff team but won't challenge for the ECF.  That's what I meant by 'their place in the East' not necessarily their place in the standings, per se.

I think, when we're 'right' we're 1-2 in the East.  Clearly we're not 'right', which IMO is why we're on their level record-wise.  Conversely, the Celtics are playing above their heads and will fall back to Earf at some point.

If we make any sort of trade of Teague-to-BOS, we trade places with them.

I don't get what people see in Marcus Smart. The dude is shooting 35% from the field, 24% from 3 (while taking 4 of them per game). Thats f***ing terrible!

The only thing I could see him being a plus for your team is as a defender. And there are easier ways to get "just a good Defender" at SG.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kurupt said:

I don't get what people see in Marcus Smart. The dude is shooting 35% from the field, 24% from 3 (while taking 4 of them per game). Thats f***ing terrible!

The only thing I could see him being a plus for your team is as a defender. And there are easier ways to get "just a good Defender" at SG.

Aye, don't ever insult a single player from ONE OF THE GREATEST DRAFTS OF ALL TIME!  Sorry, have to get my digs in on @AHF .  Yea ,Smart is shaping up to be a plus sized version of Avery Bradley.

27 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Aye, don't ever insult a single player from ONE OF THE GREATEST DRAFTS OF ALL TIME!  Sorry, have to get my digs in on @AHF .  Yea ,Smart is shaping up to be a plus sized version of Avery Bradley.

I don't even follow college but even I knew the hype surrounding him was unwarranted, then the incident with the racist fan just added more unnecessary attention.  Didn't see too much to his game outside of being physically superior in college.  His acne was explosive I guess.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I don't even follow college but even I knew the hype surrounding him was unwarranted, then the incident with the racist fan just added more unnecessary attention.  Didn't see too much to his game outside of being physically superior in college.  His acne was explosive I guess.

The hype is so skrong that it's carrying over into his middling NBA career too.  He'd be a nice piece to have but he's got some significant improving to do before he's anything more than a spot-starter.

Am 31.1.2016 at 11:40 , Spud2Nique sagte:
vor 1 Stunde, JayBirdHawk sagte:

Damn @benhillboy.

Lol lol lol.

Proactive might help - it did wonders for Demar DeRozan.

Ummmmm...wait what's that now? Did you just ummm..wow...lol

Lately the Dallas Ovcharka is doing pretty decent in the Texas sun as well, looking like a tanned oil-wrestler these days. I thought you'd appreciate this fascinating info.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

2 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Lately the Dallas Ovcharka is doing pretty decent in the Texas sun as well, looking like a tanned oil-wrestler these days. I thought you'd appreciate this fascinating info.

Who? Lol

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Is one of the picks the Nets protected top 3 pick? If so, I would do it.

Actually no protection on the Nets pick. I'd want that pick(#3 overall currently) and I'd want that Mavs top 7 protected of this year(at #19 currently).