• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at heat

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Miami is a lot better without Whiteside.

That said, the HC has absolutely lost the team. Horford playing soft, letting an over the hill Amare dominate him, Teague not making anything etc...

Yeah, it doesn't feel as if Bud has control at this point.

We gt rid of the gm to make the race baiters happy and look where it got the team. I'd sure feel better with Ferry in charge. 

• Like 2

"""Midway through the 3rd
Horford 13pts 4rebs 1blk  4-8fg  3 - three pointers made
Amare 12pts 10 rebs  1blk 2stls  5-7fg

end of game 
Horford - 17 pts 4 rebs 2ast 2blks 1 stl 6-10fg in 34 minutes
Amare - 13 pts 12 rebs 0ast 1blk 3 stls  5-8fg  in 21 minutes.

IN just 21 minutes Amare had more rebounds than Al and Sap combined

:ahf2:

I dont see a benefit of benching Al and Jeff. Our starting sg and sf were beyond awful.  Those 2 are the main culprits of this game

Baze has come back down to earth. Bad shots, bad passes, and bad defense. Wade was abusing dude all night long. Baze was making some Josh Smith esque passes out there. It was brutal to watch.

Korver cant get open, cant hit open shots, and even missed a free throw. No need to even mention his bad defense

Korver is the one who needs to be benched.

We need 2 starting caliber wings. This has been an issue for years but has never been addressed for whatever reason. If Baze and Kyle were even just average we probably win this game. Hard to win when both wings play like pure garbage.

More turnovers (17) than assists (13)

More fouls for our starting C and PF (10) than rebounds (9).

Kyle with another 0-fer

Baze playing like a chicken with its head cut off.

Slow starts.

The only bright spot was THJr.

The winds of change should be blowing strong. 

Lol oh yeah we don't need Blake Griffin! We will continue to depend solely on Millsap to drop us points!

....hell out of here! I would blow this team up to get millsap and Blake Griffin as our 1 and 2 options on offenses for it were possible ! Im tired of depending on "robins" on offense. We had one 2004 Detroit Pistons like year....not even 2 consecutive years like that just 1....we can pretty much say it was a fluke and the flaws started to show in the playoffs last year.

Its a hard life not having a "batman" go to scorer. And despite having good or bad defense if you can't put the ball in the bucket you're destined to lose.

Edited by JTB

@Sarcatic1 Anybody think the Hawks are tired? I hate to use age as an excuse because Korver would be the only one old enough to fall under that category. 

It makes me wonder because they had a deep playoff run last year and injuries this year is the reason they hadn't played well consistently.  I wouldn't be surprised if no move is made at the deadline and they just hope a rested Hawks team should be better for the last stretch of the season.

• Like 1

Y'all can blame Bazemore all you want fact is, is that he's a 5th option  that has been out playing the 2nd-4th option on offense the majority of the year and on defense for the most part.

He has had 3 bad games in a row but I'm not going to blame everything on a 5th option player before putting blame on Teague, Korver, & Horford. Sap I will exclude since he's been good for most of the year too...the man needs some help offensively and most his help shouldn't be coming from a 5th option offensive player.

37 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

@Sarcatic1 Anybody think the Hawks are tired? I hate to use age as an excuse because Korver would be the only one old enough to fall under that category. 

It makes me wonder because they had a deep playoff run last year and injuries this year is the reason they hadn't played well consistently.  I wouldn't be surprised if no move is made at the deadline and they just hope a rested Hawks team should be better for the last stretch of the season.

I dont think they can use the tired excuse. They play in spurts for whatever reason and its been an issue the whole year

29 minutes ago, JTB said:

Y'all can blame Bazemore all you want fact is, is that he's a 5th option  that has been out playing the 2nd-4th option on offense the majority of the year and on defense for the most part.

He has had 3 bad games in a row but I'm not going to blame everything on a 5th option player before putting blame on Teague, Korver, & Horford. Sap I will exclude since he's been good for most of the year too...the man needs some help offensively and most his help shouldn't be coming from a 5th option offensive player.

I'm sorry man but that does no excuse his poor play. Dude is playing too out of control out there.  5th option or not , you cant make those kind of passes, take those kind of shots, or play that bad defensively.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

I dont think they can use the tired excuse. They play in spurts for whatever reason and its been an issue the whole year

I'm sorry man but that does no excuse his poor play. Dude is playing too out of control out there.  5th option or not , you cant make those kind of passes, take those kind of shots, or play that bad defensively.

We need a better SF,  we need a young Kyle Korver.  That would change everything. I wish we could do that without a trade 

Draft of my email to Steve K:

Dear Mr. Koonin: I am a season ticket holder. I am a young professional. I am white. I love the Hawks. I want the Hawks to win. I want to keep coming to games.

I love Kyle Korver. That said, you have to get Bud to bench Korver. I understand that he's not 100% and that's fine; he can resume starter minutes when he's fully recovered and worked out the issues with his shot. It's glaringly apparent that he cannot continue playing long minutes and starting games because it is hurting the team and making us lose games. It's really effing things up. Please help.

-LamarHampton,   Section 116.

PS- Horford is playing too soft too warrant a max deal, and I'm okay with dealing him or Teague if it will likely net us assets to make us strongly competitive and flexible next year. Thank you.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Draft of my email to Steve K:

Dear Mr. Koonin: I am a season ticket holder. I am a young professional. I am white. I love the Hawks. I want the Hawks to win. I want to keep coming to games.

I love Kyle Korver. That said, you have to get Bud to bench Korver. I understand that he's not 100% and that's fine; he can resume starter minutes when he's fully recovered and worked out the issues with his shot. It's glaringly apparent that he cannot continue playing long minutes and starting games because it is hurting the team and making us lose games. It's really effing things up. Please help.

-LamarHampton,   Section 116.

PS- Horford is playing too soft too warrant a max deal, and I'm okay with dealing him or Teague if it will likely net us assets to make us strongly competitive and flexible next year. Thank you.

:laugh:Lol did you mention you were white?!....Ok.....

Edited by JTB

4 hours ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Im not trying to give an excuse for Baze, he has definitely been out of control plenty this year and he need to fix that as the season goes on and over this upcoming off season. But still Baze has had better games offensively than most of our starters for the year and thats the issue Im having. Lets blame the whole unit equally but at the end of the day I'm overlooking this whole season and I see that Sap and Baze has just about played well offensively in most games this year where the other starters have not.

Baze hasn't come back down to earth, no baze is doing a whole hell of a lot for 1st year starter that should be more of a complimentary player to Teague, Korver, Sap, Horford but instead he's taken a role of being Sap's "robin" on more nights than the other 3 have....thats the issue. 

Instead of a journeyman coming into a lineup that had 4 all stars last year he came into a  train wreck lineup that has somehow looked to him to score points and be this teams 2nd best option to drop points on more nights than the others.

Baze was suppose to have DMC role...defense first, focus on shots 2nd but you can't do that this year on this team because again we are facing an issue of not having an dependable scorer who can drop buckets at will. Sap does what he can but he's not a "Alpha" scorer. 

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

More turnovers (17) than assists (13)

More fouls for our starting C and PF (10) than rebounds (9).

Kyle with another 0-fer

Baze playing like a chicken with its head cut off.

Slow starts.

The only bright spot was THJr.

The winds of change should be blowing strong. 

Lmao ....that's funny as f***