• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Mavericks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

41.7% of it was the three ball with Teague, and someone did say that they were not respecting his jumper, exactly what I was saying elsewhere. Either one of the PGs finds a jumper, or both of them go bye bye.

He has a decent three point shot, even around 35% is fine, and yet people don't respect it. Why? He doesn't make people respect it.

Not to mention that Barea is maybe 5'10"...maybe.

• Like 1

Wow!  Hawks actually played a great game, finally!

All this, despite some terrible shooting from Blaze, who was 2-10 and Millsap was 3-10.

Korver began the game hitting his shot and Jeff hitting 5 from downtown.  Great win!

I went into the chat room at half time, but found it occupied by a bunch of 10 year olds,

so I quietly backed out.

32 for Jeff has to be so sweet for the team.  Best game in a long, long time.

:approved:

• Like 4

@willthepureshooter  Did you hear Bud's pot game interview on  Teague's driving?  No convo before game, Teague knows how important it is that he drives and attacks to put pressure on the basket then he makes good decisions shooting or passing.  It's all on Teague to takeover.

A good win. A much needed win

Good to see Kyle actually hit some shots

Great game from Jeff. He did it all tonight. He has looked better as of late. I guess those ankles are a lot better

Good game from Dennis too. He has been struggling recently.

Good minutes from Moose tonight. Bench was good overall

Baze has hit a wall. He makes a bad offensive play then turns around and makes a bad defensive play. He really needs to settle down and stop trying to do too much.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Good win tonight. It's a game like this that draws you back in but we all know that the next game could be just like Miami.

Teague and Korver were great tonight. Teague was aggressive and both guys made some wide open shots. 

Muscala gave us more than Splitter seems to give us. I really wish we used that cap space on somebody that doesn't look like a ballerina on the court.

We have a fairly easy stretch coming up so the guys need to end the first half on a good note. It's imperative we start the second half with some confidence and a chip on our shoulders.

Also, Baze is quick to shoot if he is open. I'd like to see him pass the ball and take his second open shot (because he will be open).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cam1218 said:

Good win tonight. It's a game like this that draws you back in but we all know that the next game could be just like Miami.

Teague and Korver were great tonight. Teague was aggressive and both guys made some wide open shots. 

Muscala gave us more than Splitter seems to give us. I really wish we used that cap space on somebody that doesn't look like a ballerina on the court.

We have a fairly easy stretch coming up so the guys need to end the first half on a good note. It's imperative we start the second half with some confidence and a chip on our shoulders.

Also, Baze is quick to shoot if he is open. I'd like to see him pass the ball and take his second open shot (because he will be open).

I agree. I see Bud was right about not changing starters but  changing bench rotation. Muscula > Scott. Muscula looked impressive.  It sucks Splitter is hurt again. I was counting on him to be that big body but at this point they might as well save his body for the playoffs and just give Muscula and even Edy some extended minutes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb. We don't win tonight and I'm self banning (not tanning) for a week.

im predicting it'll be all we can eat tonight. Mavs can't handle our running, I mean if we actually decide to do it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I got the point spread right and I gets no love ...wtf..OH comooonnnnnn!!!

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb. We don't win tonight and I'm self banning (not tanning) for a week.

im predicting it'll be all we can eat tonight. Mavs can't handle our running, I mean if we actually decide to do it.

image.thumb.jpeg.e1a6b6732cc40d7ebf8177df7759c62c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.52a018b5bb3a22e5f44769bc256a945e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c4a686ab6993502e38196d43a04d37df.jpeg

You're cheating when you grab more rebounds than the other team.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ahhhh, no no no. Spread was 15, yours 17. You should be ashamed for making such incorrect predictions! :cool::laugh:
BTW,  I like your top scorer more...

58 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

You're cheating when you grab more rebounds than the other team.

Actually we grabbed 13 more rebounds than them (and Zaza had only 13 not the predicted 15), but that may be only because we shot much better than the MAVs

Side note: I really think about watching the opponent’s stream on LP in future, because of Nique's comments. He repertoire is only "Heat check", "They can't guard him off the dribble", "You can't go under the screen" and his disrespectful raping of player names. If it would only be about opponents bench players, but it's about all-time greats like Derek Nowinski. Not to mention our own Sheldon Mack (and like everybody else he isn't able to pronounce Schröder correctly)... I'm starting to think he may have an IQ like a sack of potatoes.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, rd79 said:

Ahhhh, no no no. Spread was 15, yours 17. You should be ashamed for making such incorrect predictions! :cool::laugh:
BTW,  I like your top scorer more...

Actually we grabbed 13 more rebounds than them (and Zaza had only 13 not the predicted 15), but that may be only because we shot much better than the MAVs

Side note: I really think about watching the opponent’s stream on LP in future, because of Nique's comments. He repertoire is only "Heat check", "They can't guard him off the dribble", "You can't go under the screen" and his disrespectful raping of player names. If it would only be about opponents bench players, but it's about all-time greats like Derek Nowinski. Not to mention our own Sheldon Mack (and like everybody else he isn't able to pronounce Schröder correctly)... I'm starting to think he may have an IQ like a sack of potatoes.

Not to mention his constant jinxing of the Hawks("they had their chances" when we're up 5 with 2 minutes left comes to mind). Nique is atrocious, I feel bad for Bob. Derek Nowinsky is hilarious, tho.

Good game, btw. I wish games like this would be the rule instead of the exception.

• Like 2

Nique is just a corny guy, having corny humor, having corny 90's swag. I think if it wasnt for his wife, he would go out the house each morning in hammer-pants and wearing earrings.

But somehow I respect that.

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 1

Bob has a much better side kick when he does the Atlanta Dream games.

She is much more aware of what's going on, is articulate and much, much better looking.

I would love to see LaChina Robinson doing some Hawk games with Bob.

• Like 2

Request:  Please, someone who knows how - - Get a picture of LaChina Robinson and post it here.

I would do it but I don't know how.  Then, you decide which is prettier - - LaChina or Nique!

• Moderators

Man I used to be a total homer and always optimistic but this team has got me down.   They played well and it was a solid win against a good team, but I just can't help but think that it's just fools gold.   As someone else mentioned, as long as the opponent has no interior defense and really not much interior offense then we're ok.   Especially if they are missing their shots and they have a PG that's 6 inches shorter than Jeff.     So on that note hopefully we meet the Celtics in the 1st round.   But we aren't going to find any teams like that after the 1st round.  

Was Splitter held out because a trade is imminent? 

I'll hand it to Moose.  He played well and deserves some burn even though he still can't really guard anyone.    He can at least rebound.

I still like the way Hardaway plays.  I know his stats may not look great but at least he's not scared to try to score.  

We did play good perimeter D for a change. 

Horford should have been driving on Dirk left and right but he always seemed to pass

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Request:  Please, someone who knows how - - Get a picture of LaChina Robinson and post it here.

I would do it but I don't know how.  Then, you decide which is prettier - - LaChina or Nique!

CvwilkkY.jpg

• Like 4