• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Hawks at Magic

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Jabari Parker for Teague needs to be a deal both teams do. Teague is a stud PG and no stud PG is available for draft or trade unless you got a top 5 pick or max money. We need a potential number 1 option and size at SF. No way we can avoid it, that's exactly what we need. 

some weeks ago I would have agreed but if teagues is going to continue to be aggressive Teague aka playoff Teague then I rather keep him.

i know Jabari has Major upside but if Teague is going to play like this I rather keep him 

• Premium Member

Dissapointing loss for sure, but not surprising.  I really hope the Hawks start looking more at the future of this team rather than getting too focused on what they hope to do this season.  They're just too mediocre as is.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It's concerning that we just don't have a closer.   Teague got us there but couldn't close the deal.   Horford missed a bunny.   Frankly Teague should have passed to Horford for a wide open 15 footer.    Sap was too busy complaining to the refs to actually finish properly or make a decent play.     I'm trying to think of a game winning shot for the hawks this season.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JTB said:

some weeks ago I would have agreed but if teagues is going to continue to be aggressive Teague aka playoff Teague then I rather keep him.

i know Jabari has Major upside but if Teague is going to play like this I rather keep him 

I wonder if the Bucks would part with Middleton.  The guy on NBA Radio says that only Giannis and Parker were untouchable.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

It's concerning that we just don't have a closer.   Teague got us there but couldn't close the deal.   Horford missed a bunny.   Frankly Teague should have passed to Horford for a wide open 15 footer.    Sap was too busy complaining to the refs to actually finish properly or make a decent play.     I'm trying to think of a game winning shot for the hawks this season.  

Horford failing to score when he had a point guard on him was just...smh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Fixed. That is if the Bucks are dumb enough to make that trade.

They can't be that dumb ... unless Kidd gets enamored with him the way he apparently was enamored with MCW.

29 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I wonder if the Bucks would part with Middleton.  The guy on NBA Radio says that only Giannis and Parker were untouchable.

I read a quote (ETA: from an unnamed  insider) that said all except Giannis (what, can't spell his last name?  Me either) were 'touchable' but they want a deal that knocks their socks off.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

They can't be that dumb ... unless Kidd gets enamored with him the way he apparently was enamored with MCW.

I read a quote (ETA: from an unnamed  insider) that said all except Giannis (what, can't spell his last name?  Me either) were 'touchable' but they want a deal that knocks their socks off.

Sounds like the Bucks may do something.  Also saw Stein report that Orlando is open to moving Tobias Harris also.

As far as our Hawks, I just can't get a feel on if they are serious or not about this roster this year.  I know Bud loves his guys, but even he has to see where this thing is headed.

7 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Sounds like the Bucks may do something.  Also saw Stein report that Orlando is open to moving Tobias Harris also.

As far as our Hawks, I just can't get a feel on if they are serious or not about this roster this year.  I know Bud loves his guys, but even he has to see where this thing is headed.

I've never been that high on Harris.  They'd probably want Millsap or Horford for him which isn't a good deal for us IMHO.

I don't think the Hawks are serious about trading any of the main guys and I think it's to their detriment.  I think the trade rumors were put out to light a fire under Al/Teague.  Teague has responded, Al hasn't really.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Jabari Parker for Teague needs to be a deal both teams do. Teague is a stud PG and no stud PG is available for draft or trade unless you got a top 5 pick or max money. We need a potential number 1 option and size at SF. No way we can avoid it, that's exactly what we need.

I almost wish that the Hawks would GET that SF that can rebound so you can see that it's not size missing at SF, its the Hawks being figured out like a back of a hand, and no adjustments being made against it.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I almost wish that the Hawks would GET that SF that can rebound so you can see that it's not size missing at SF, its the Hawks being figured out like a back of a hand, and no adjustments being made against it.

We've been talking about this SF who can rebound for years and who honestly doesn't exist.  The Hawks will always be a poor rebounding team with Horford at center and an undersized PF along side of him.

19 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

We've been talking about this SF who can rebound for years and who honestly doesn't exist.  The Hawks will always be a poor rebounding team with Horford at center and an undersized PF along side of him.

Actually, the rebounding wing that we could use, is a player that everyone despises and no one wants.  I wanted him 2 years ago, before he signed with a division rival.

Name that player ....

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Actually, the rebounding wing that we could use, is a player that everyone despises and no one wants.  I wanted him 2 years ago, before he signed with a division rival.

Name that player ....

Would said wing player turn this Hawks team into a title contender?

5 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Ithink Sap is a little slow right now not felling 100.  Has been off for a few weeks now esp after that ankle.  

Bud said last week on radio, Millsap also had some sort of hand injury.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bud said last week on radio, Millsap also had some sort of hand injury.

That explains a lot if true. Hopefully he'll get a little more slack for playing while hurt than Teague did.  Regardless, we can't blame these guys for not being the superstar(s) this team needs.

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

Had to excuse myself from the family, go outside to the garage, and find an old bookshelf to smash with a pipe. I feel a lot better.

I'm not sure why, but I like you. Your violent ways remind me of a fun time ..