• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Preview: Magic at Hawks - The Big Payback?

lethalweapon3

We sucked balls down the stretch on both ends. Alligator arm jumpshots, poor defense, giving up a three when they were down 2, I mean we simply fell apart. Coach Bud having Korver in on that possession instead of Thabo, leaving Dennis in until 6 mins left in the 4th when Jeff was having a great night. We deserve what our record is. I wish we would stop thinking we are  supposed to win games just by showing up against lesser opponents.

• Like 1

And, yes, Bazemore he pushed off but play freaking defense and stop looking to be bailed out.

I don't even care if they miraculously pull it out, these games shouldn't have been close.  

Just now, kg01 said:

And, yes, Bazemore he pushed off but play freaking defense and stop looking to be bailed out.

I don't even care if they miraculously pull it out, these games shouldn't have been close.  

Weren't the Hawks leading by 20 points?

I mean this team is just pitiful. There is no point in continuing with this same roster

1 minute ago, Bonkers said:

Weren't the Hawks leading by 20 points?

I mean this team is just pitiful. There is no point in continuing with this same roster

I like Jeff.  I like Al.  I like Paul.  I like Kyle.  Somebody's gotta go.

Based on these 2 games and that AWFUL loss to PHX, somebody's gotta go.  It's just time.  I don't like it.  It won't feel good as a fan to see one of them playing in a new uni but what's the goal here?  To have a feel good, story or to pursue a championship?

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Baze looks for fouls way too much. You are Kent Bazemore dude, nobody cares. 

• Like 3

Just now, cam1218 said:

Baze looks for fouls way too much. You are Kent Bazemore dude, nobody cares. 

He's a hustle guy, he doesn't play real defense.  Just waves his hands and acts all crazy, gets himself out of position and sometimes something good happens.  Most times not.

This years Hawks honestly wouldn't even beat the 13-14 Hawks in Buds first year. Our offensive execution has fallen off a cliff. We are no longer the precise X's and O's squad we used to be. We are a free flow offense that gets shut down by teams who play junk it up defense against us. We don't have the type of scorers who can take advantage of the over aggressive defenses we see now.

Defensively, we have a ton of potential but its obvious we are physically limited with 3 undersized frontcourt players and an aging, slow, un-athletic SG.  Teams do not respect our defense because they usually have at least two mismatches they can exploit. Our best defense comes when Thabo comes in or when Al slides over to the 4 yet Bud is too reliant upon his starters namely Kyle and it hurts us at crucial times. I will say that our bench let us down tonight but they have been playing very well overall.

Coach Bud.... try something different. We understand you wont change the roster so at least change the lineups. Ever since we decided to stick with Bazemore we have been mediocre overall. Not blaming him (although his play has slipped a lot). Put your best defensive lineup out there coach, sit Kyle. Defense leads to offense, just try SOMETHING

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's a hustle guy, he doesn't play real defense.  Just waves his hands and acts all crazy, gets himself out of position and sometimes something good happens.  Most times not.

He's a much improved player but it's pitiful to see stuff like that. Man up and play some D. Don't flop, don't look for a foul and don't look like the refs are clueless when they don't fall for it. 

Plays like that define a lot our our loses this year. Guys looking at the refs and wondering why things aren't going our way. 

2 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

He's a much improved player but it's pitiful to see stuff like that. Man up and play some D. Don't flop, don't look for a foul and don't look like the refs are clueless when they don't fall for it. 

Plays like that define a lot our our loses this year. Guys looking at the refs and wondering why things aren't going our way. 

The entire season has been a huge, "Do you know who we are?  We won 60 last year!"  They act like they won something and the refs and other teams are supposed to bow down to them.

Bazemore is indeed much improved but he's not a starter.  He's starting, but he's not a starter in this league for a team expecting to do anything significant.

When this team had lots of self esteem last year, they didn't need the go-to-guy, because several player were able to finish a game, but now they look concerned and fear missing the deciding shot. Now they really look like a team that needs a go-to-guy. They gave up some open shots for awful ones in OT. 

But there was little to none help off the bench tonight... Nobody was able to guard Smith, how can they let him net 7 of 11?

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1