• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Al's cap hold with be approx. $16 mil (I think). That's the amount you use to calculate available capspace.  So if you add that amount plus everyone else who is currently on the roster the cap total  number is at $78 mil. (Baze's cap hold is $2.6 mil).That leaves $11million in cap space  available from the $89 million.  That's if we do absolutely nothing else.

Options: 

1. Renounce Scott and Mack ($5.5 mil)

2. Release Slitter and use the stretch provision (so only $2mil of his 8 will count against the cap)

That leaves us with $22 million in capspace. (Or something like that). Baze can also be renounced to get an upgrade at SF in FAcy.

Free agent SFs I'm interested in: Nicolas Batum and Harrison Barnes (and yes they'll be getting max deals).

Here's the rub, if the Hawks elect to resign Al,  the new owners will have to be willing to exceed the cap.

My two cents.

I think this HAS to happen to soften the blow if we decide to keep this team together. Owners have to be willing to spend over the cap!

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Al's cap hold with be approx. $16 mil (I think). That's the amount you use to calculate available capspace.  So if you add that amount plus everyone else who is currently on the roster the cap total  number is at $78 mil. (Baze's cap hold is $2.6 mil).That leaves $11million in cap space  available from the $89 million.  That's if we do absolutely nothing else.

Options: 

1. Renounce Scott and Mack ($5.5 mil)

2. Release Slitter and use the stretch provision (so only $2mil of his 8 will count against the cap)

That leaves us with $22 million in capspace. (Or something like that). Baze can also be renounced to get an upgrade at SF in FAcy.

Free agent SFs I'm interested in: Nicolas Batum and Harrison Barnes (and yes they'll be getting max deals).

Here's the rub, if the Hawks elect to resign Al,  the new owners will have to be willing to exceed the cap.

My two cents.

Releasing Splitter?  With him being the only real center on the roster besides Al, I doubt Bud does that.

40 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Releasing Splitter?  With him being the only real center on the roster besides Al, I doubt Bud does that.

Splitter may have hip surgery so he's of no use right now. I think we can upgrade the position in offseason.

In my scenario Teague is still on the roster so he can also be traded if needed.

All I'm trying to represent here is debunking the myth the resigning Al leaves us with no capspace to upgrade and sign other free agents.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Celtics picks including Nets, Sully and another player to NYK

Cleveland gets Melo

Boston gets Love

Interesting. I like it for everyone but Cleveland so I approve.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Link? Not believing the Celtics are giving up that unprotected Nets pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree.  celts not giving up that pic unless it's Lebron, Curry, or Durant.    Love nor Horford would get it therefore they do not get Horf.

Word around the webz is it is unlikely we make a big move. That includes both PG's. The offseason is where it could go down. Especially during free agency. Right now,  teams who are bad want to keep their assets. This offseason is when a big move for us is more possible. We do need to look at smaller moves.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Splitter may have hip surgery so he's of no use right now. I think we can upgrade the position in offseason.

In my scenario Teague is still on the roster so he can also be traded if needed.

All I'm trying to represent here is debunking the myth the resigning Al leaves us with no capspace to upgrade and sign other free agents.

While they wouldn't be capped out, I think the concern for some is will there be enough left to make this team a title contender with player salaries increasing the way they are.

• Premium Member

I think the trade that  is going down is:

Cleveland gets Carmelo Anthony.

Boston gets Kevin Love.

NY gets Isaiah Thomas, David Lee, and Nets 1st from Boston.

Now, what happens after that is anybody's call.  I think our play may still be with Orlando or Denver or Milwaukee.

57 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think the trade that  is going down is:

Cleveland gets Carmelo Anthony.

Boston gets Kevin Love.

NY gets Isaiah Thomas, David Lee, and Nets 1st from Boston.

Now, what happens after that is anybody's call.  I think our play may still be with Orlando or Denver or Milwaukee.

Milwaukee is not trying to trade Parker or Giannis. Giannis is can understand but not Parker. Also it is said that they (fans) would trade for Rubio for Parker if he was available.  That's the part that gets me, you would trade for a flawed PG like Rubio but not for better far more complete PG like Teague is hilarious to me. Jeff gets knocked because some obscure stats like ESPN real plus or minus hates him while it loves Rubio. 

Jeff is better than Rubio. Unquestionably. Denver is not happening,  they want Jeff to add, not to add for assets. Orlando is being tough, they don't want to trade two of their tier three potential prospects like Oladipo and Gordon. They want to trade one and someone like Napier. That doesn't come close for Atlanta on value for Teague.  The thing is, Atlanta will stick with Jeff unless they get the value they covet. It's that simple. His value gonna be the same this summer. You better get him now or miss out on having a PG for a year and a half in your system.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jody23 said:

While they wouldn't be capped out, I think the concern for some is will there be enough left to make this team a title contender with player salaries increasing the way they are.

I understand the concern, but how much do you think another FA Center will get this season? Guys like Whiteside will also be looking for max deals that would be likely in the range of Al's caphold. The list of FAs centers are guys like Howard,   Al Jeff, Noah, Festus, Zaza, Whiteside , Hibbert, Mozgov, Mahinmi, then RFAs like Drummond, Montiejunas from Houston.  Getting a FA will require us to use capspace which means after signing a FA center assuming a range of Al's caphold  (but could be higher or lower depending on which of those centers you like) still leaves us with the approx $22 mil in capspace. 

Unless Al is being traded for a young up and coming center on a rookie contract (like Miles Turner) or just younger players with potential and picks that's the way we will have more  capspace.  If that's done I don't see that as being any closer to being a title contender, we'll be resetting our expectations. 

If that is the route the organization wants to take, then that's what they'll do.

From Bud and Koonin, it seems like Atlanta is looking for an talent upgrade more than rebuilding. It seems like a lot of teams want to give us a little talent while keeping some of their better talent for Jeff. It makes no sense for Atlanta to make a deal seeing as Jeff is vital to winning for us. If teams want Jeff, they need to pay. 

@NBASupesIt was never about the rebuilding the team in the first place.  It was just looking around to see what type of assets they can get for them and with Al expiring (no idea if he is going to come back) and Jeff (with Dennis waiting and he is expiring next year) but you forgetting the real issue is that we need a player that can rebounds and keep the other team offense rebounds to minimal not +5 to +10, expectedly the playoffs coming in soon and we need a SF, God Bless Baze, Thabo, and others that is trying to fill that position but we are too small and we getting hammer because of it.  Without those two things, we will be not going back to the ECF or even getting to the Finals.

That is the goal is to getting back to ECF and the Finals, not getting back to the playoffs because we got the second longest streak for going there and I kinda worried that they will call this team a treadmill again.

Edited by NekiEcko