• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, rd79 said:

I don't like that Mack move. That could be a sign for keeping Jeff and Dennis next season... How will you give Dennis minutes to grow when you have a potential All-Star starting and playing them together doesn't seem to work. For me it looks like Hawks will lose Jeff in FA or sink a lot of money and Dennis may walk away because he doesn't feel valued. Worst case, both will sign elsewhere after next season.

I also don't like the trade. Mack is a decent BU and I figured at worst case they finally trade Teague in the offseason to give the job to Dennis. Now I'm worried these idiots are going to keep Teague and Dennis as long as possible.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

He stepped up big time in the playoffs last yr.  If anything this gives him a chance to get into the rotation and rhythm heading into the playoffs.

Just gotta hope we don't run into a drummond or brook Lopez type of big.

We have different definitions of stepping up big time.  

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We can find a backup PG easy enough.  How many PGs trying to be moved right now?  Jennings, Calderon, Rubio, Lawson, Beverly, Hill

And how many of them a familiar with Bud-ball and cost 3M a year?

• Moderators
Just now, rd79 said:

And how many of them a familiar with Bud-ball and cost 3M a year?

Familiarity with Bud ball and 3M/year isn't going to win championships.   We need talent.    We have Patterson, Splitter, Holiday, Mack, Moose because they 'know the system'   We see how much they are moving the needle for the Hawks.   We need talent, nba talent.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I know Bud will be on radio soon, maybe we can find out why they did not want to change the core (maybe thinking we can be the Spurs, but we are not at all)

Trust me, find something else to do besides listen to him talk to the media.  The disdain in his voice will dampen your day.

If true, I don't know what to read into him and Wilcox wanting a starter and a first for Jeff.  Delusion?  He wouldn't have gotten that last year when the guy was actually good.  Is Teague's contract viewed more valuable than his actual game?  Wanting the Net's pick for Al was gross overvaluation as well.

Anyway I appreciate Stan The Man making moves to significantly improve his roster.  Just getting rid of Jennings would've done that.  Addition by addition is good too.

Well, what can we do?  If you cant get NBA talent then you develop it and we got a very good development program here and it has already shows wonders in many of our players.  Are we going to ECF, probably not but right now, I think development should be key.

• Moderators

I think asking for a starter and 1st for Teague is the way to go.   Frankly he's our best offensive weapon so we should get a lot in return.   There are teams that should have given us that and they would not have regretted it.  The problem probably was finding a starter on those teams that we liked.  

11 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Well, what can we do?  If you cant get NBA talent then you develop it and we got a very good development program here and it has already shows wonders in many of our players.  Are we going to ECF, probably not but right now, I think development should be key.

How many teams build championship rosters strictly  with second round picks and a free agency gems? This team's roster building philosophy is so bizarre.  

• Like 4