• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

The problem @JTB is, even if you give Howard that space, he lacks the size/speed/athleticism he had in the ORL days to beat his defender despite his lack of post game.

@NBASupes you answered your own question w.r.t. Teague-for-Saric.  That's an offseason type deal if anything.  I want to know for sure when Saric is coming too.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

It's shocking how many people believe that horford is way better than Howard at this point in their careers. Personally I think Howard isn't as good as the magic days of course and he clearly can't work with dynamic guards like Kobe and Harden . But I do believe Howard needs a team like the Hawks, Celtics, Suns...3 point teams that will basically space the whole floor. He hasn't had that situation since leaving Orlando and to me it seems to be the only offense he can really work in. A pace and space type Spurs offense except bud likes to take more 3s than pop. Horford is a great fit but I'm tired of watching him get beat down in the paint by much bigger centers. I think horford is better at certain things than Howard like offense all together but it's no telling what Howard can do if he can get shooters around him again.

Howard can also rebound better and protect the rim better. He can't space the floor like horford and he's slower than horford but he more powerful. 

Rebounds are the best way to beat Atlanta and we all know it. If our shots aren't dropping and we allow a ton of rebounds it's over for us! That's what happen in the ECF. If Howard grabs the rebounds and can get easy put backs or kick it out for open 3s we can be a real threat.

Now here's the thing I would only trade for Howard for a straight up swap with horford. If they want Teague they have to get another team involved or give us back something else of value that we need...like Ariza and it's a deal! I think that's a fair trade for both teams.

You know something. I HAD a post saying exactly that, but deleted it because i know folks dont wanna hear that. You are correct. Houston has shooters, but they DONT space the floor. Harden is a ball hog on that team.  You space the floor and MAKE teams have to defend you inside and out. You are correct. Thats EXACTLY how he took Orlando to the finals. He would neutralize the advantage Cleveland has. If you run out to defend Korver, etc. Howard is hanging around the paint for the easy layup.  Teams would then DOUBLE team him, leaving room for Sap to cut behind Howard or the kick out to the wing. All these are options the Hawks dont have with Horford.  We both know Howard can still block shots and rebound.  In fact, if Atlanta couldve traded Horford STRAIGHT up for Howard last year, that Eastern Conference Finals wouldnt have went down the way it did.

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

You know something. I HAD a post saying exactly that, but deleted it because i know folks dont wanna hear that. You are correct. Houston has shooters, but they DONT space the floor. Harden is a ball hog on that team.  You space the floor and MAKE teams have to defend you inside and out. You are correct. Thats EXACTLY how he took Orlando to the finals. He would neutralize the advantage Cleveland has. If you run out to defend Korver, etc. Howard is hanging around the paint for the easy layup.  Teams would then DOUBLE team him, leaving room for Sap to cut behind Howard or the kick out to the wing. All these are options the Hawks dont have with Horford.  We both know Howard can still block shots and rebound.  In fact, if Atlanta couldve traded Horford STRAIGHT up for Howard last year, that Eastern Conference Finals wouldnt have went down the way it did.

Yeah, but Howard IS NO LONGER THAT GUY.

Just now, kg01 said:

The problem @JTB is, even if you give Howard that space, he lacks the size/speed/athleticism he had in the ORL days to beat his defender despite his lack of post game.

@NBASupes you answered your own question w.r.t. Teague-for-Saric.  That's an offseason type deal if anything.  I want to know for sure when Saric is coming too.

Saric alone ain't worth close to Teague but Saric and that pick is. It's unlikely LA will slip out of the top 3. Same for Philly. Colangelo should wait till the draft before making any wholesale upgrades for Philadelphia. 

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

:ahf2:

This is bad on so many levels. Howard played 41 games last year with a lingering back issue. This is why I say ya'll posters got to stop living in the past. We might as well sign VC, maybe Vincsanity will be back at Phillips for 41 games. 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Trading for Blake is a tank move for the rest of the season.

A move for Blake would signal to me that the Hawks DONT wanna entertain at all a max deal for Horford. Not that we aint already figured that out, but a Blake move puts a bow tie on it.

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Who said Edy is anything for us this season? This is how low some of us is going, we gonna mention Edy Tavares? Come on son, your better than this. 

Son, i didnt mention Moose or Splitter being that guy either. They BARELY above Tavares. In other words, WHO are the Hawks to be picky??

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

A move for Blake would signal to me that the Hawks DONT wanna entertain at all a max deal for Horford. Not that we aint already figured that out, but a Blake move puts a bow tie on it.

:ahf:

Blake is out for another month. 

Blake is a PF and can only play PF and same for Sap. 

Blake is a malcontent. 

LA wants a lot more for Blake than what he is worth and they try to justify it with his marketability. 

If you just want names and stars, cool but don't try to act like these guys are going to make us winners. We will be worse off, far worse off with them. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

:ahf:

Blake is out for another month. 

Blake is a PF and can only play PF and same for Sap. 

Blake is a malcontent. 

LA wants a lot more for Blake than what he is worth and they try to justify it with his marketability. 

If you just want names and stars, cool but don't try to act like these guys are going to make us winners. We will be worse off, far worse off with them. 

WHERE in my post did i even HINT that i would be happy with a move for Blake? All i did was state where i felt the HAWKS were coming from if they dealt for him. IN fact, if you look at my old posts, you would see where i said " blake is mr. soft himself."   I said i DIDNT want the Hawks to trade for him.

Edited by Hawkmoor

3 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

A move for Blake would signal Blake Griffin as our franchise player and our franchise building this team around him. This would more than likely make Teague, Millsap, Horford, Korver, Bazemore even more expendable than they already are.

• Like 1

I don't want to deal with Morey or Riley. I don't want to deal our players within division or conference. To me, if we end up dealing, I'm hoping its with Minny or Denver or somebody. Maybe the Bucks(yes I know they are same conference but they have a couple good players in Parker and Giannis). Oh, throw Danny Ainge in the Riley and Morey boat.