• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

Q&A with Steve Kyler re: Hawks

Willie: Where does Horford and Teague get traded to?

– Steve Kyler: Not sure Atlanta has decided. Al told me last night he really wants to stay but has no sense of what Hawks will do. 

AJ: You think they would of Horford says he would resign?

– Steve Kyler: Given what Al said last night not sold he’d do anything to help himself get traded. He wants to stay. 

Fred Wright: Why would hawks want to move big Al for he must want the max and the hawks dont want to give him the max.

– Steve Kyler: Thats not decided yet – they have been pretty open that moving on from Al Horford would be a basketball decision not money. 

AJ: Does Al Horford get traded to the Celtics?

– Steve Kyler: Far from decided. I was told Celtics not willing to give real assets for a rental. 

RedSawxFan: Would you agree the catalyst to a whole mess of teams making trades is if ATL decides to stay put or tear it down?

-Steve Kyler: Was told recently not willing to tear it down – but yes they have 2 big chips.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I actually wouldn't mind McLemore but dont want any parts of Cassissippi.

Uh huh...you want 1 part of casspi(rated X).....jk hahaha

trade rumors that screw us make me want to yell at random people on the street....sure my gf is embarrassed to be with me but that's who I am...I'm a passionate Hawks fan that hates shitty rumors.

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Uh huh...you want 1 part of casspi(rated X).....jk hahaha

trade rumors that screw us make me want to yell at random people on the street....sure my gf is embarrassed to be with me but that's who I am...I'm a passionate Hawks fan that hates shitty rumors.

Bad trade rumors kill my productivity, not at work but in life in general.

Also, Cassissippi isn't my cup o' tea.

On topic, i keep seeing these rumors that CLE is dangling Shumpert out there for bench help.  Want Korver.  Lol, you can keep your trash.

I like that rumored 3 way trade with Hou and Mia if we can get Winslow. 2 things we are lacking is a rebounder and a SF. Howard will bring more rebounding than Horford and would be great on the pick and roll with Dennis. I would love to see Winslow with our coaching staff. I've liked what I've seen so far . He's a 5'7" 225lbs 19yo rookie and Kawhi Leonard is 5'7" 230lbs. Let's teach him to shoot and play defense in our system and who knows a couple years from now.

Next season...

Pg- Dennis, fa vet.    

Sg- bazemore, korver

Sf- Winslow, Sefolosha

Pf- Sap, Scott

C- Howard, Splitter

• Like 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, kg01 said:

If ORL ups Gordon's value based on anything that happened in the dunk contest they're idiots.

There's nothing 'star-powerish' about Jae Crowder in anyone's offense.

1.  It happened with Smoove.   I think Smoove winning those slam dunk contest made him a household name nationally and gave the owners a reason to not trade him.  Right now, everybody is looking forward to Levine/Gordon II.  The ownership of Orlando has to see that and Harris is not having a world conquering year.

2.  I think Crowder would be perfect here.   He's a 3 and D guy.   He's doing 14/5 with almost 2 steals per and .352 from 3.   That's with Boston.  They are not as perimeter minded as us.

I've never seen this many hawk players talked about in trade rumors at once like this. I for one would be shocked if nothing happens! I could understand years prior, it was normally only one hawk player but never 3 main players and never national attention. I mean even ESPN is reporting stuff.

• Premium Member

I have just read through all 68 pages of rumors.  So here's my thoughts.

Blake Griffin is a trap.   He's injured for the rest of this year.  Don't know how much he can play next and he's going to be a free agent.  Sure he's a name. But if he pulls his ETO, we may be looking to move him next year at the deadline.  Point is that if we get Blake, we better have a team already built around him.   Here's the good about Blake.  He's very young.  He's a star.  He could probably do much damage in the East.  The bad... From a basketball standpoint, he's not better than Sap as a PF in our offense.  We'd have to change the way we play because he has no midrange/longrange game.

Dwight Howard...  Can't call it.   It may be true that he wants to play for Atlanta.   He may see that with him, we can get past Cleveland.  What does a team that's going to win with Dwight look like?  Dwight/Horford/Sap?  Doubtful.   Dwight/Sap/Teague.  That looks better.  Dwight/Horford no Sap.  It's interesting. If done and we keep Horford, then we'd definitely have to be sure that we could resign them both.  More so than Dwight being hurt is that in many respects, he has been a headcase.   Why didn't it work with Kobe?  Why didn't it work in Orlando?  Why is it not working in Houston?  Those are all legit questions.  However,  I think that basketball wise, bringing him here would change bud ball to standard ball.   I'm not saying that Bud won't do it, I'm just saying that it would be interesting.

Both moves makes us different and probably better.   I don't know what a trade for Griff looks like.   I don't know what kind of team we put around Howard.  However, the real question is which of these guys would stay?   Through Horf in that convo as well?

Teague for George Hill plus filler seems to make the most sense to me.  

I'd love to move Splitter for a healthy and slightly better big--he has the value of a decent expiring deal.  What is the asking price for Robin Lopez?  Splitter plus a pick?  Let's do it. 

EDIT:  Actually he doesn't...we are stuck with this bum Splitter for another season.  What a disappointment he's been.

Edited by bumpyphish1