• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

A lot of Hawks fans sound like they want trades just for the sake of making a trad.e. I have no problem with the front office not making a deal if it does not benefit them. Makes no sense to trade good players for trash. All these trade rumors out there seem to make the other teams better while the Hawks get stuck with junk. Add in some of the recent moves this front office has made and I have doubts they can make a good trade anyway.

If the Hawks cant get fair value then wait until the summer. Doesn't really seem all that complicated to me.  I'm tired of helping put other teams over the top while we get back parts that do nothing to help us win.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Here we go again with these homer media types.  Lemme guess, Heat-fan Skolnick, the Hawks are gonna trade Al to your team for Whiteside and his overrated arse?

Bobby Marks was on nat'l radio last week saying he doubts Al would get traded.  Now he's on MIA radio making it sound like the Heat have a shot at acquiring him?  Yeah, mmkay.

Them clicks mane

44 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Payne being traded isn't a bust roflmfao. Minny wants him gone. If he was this budding "star", then wouldn't Minny want to keep him?

The Payne pick by Ferry was bad. Bud Trading him was genius.  We just need Minny to make the playoffs from 2017-2020 to get the 1st round pick.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Payne pick by Ferry was bad. Bud Trading him was genius.  We just need Minny to make the playoffs from 2017-2020 to get the 1st round pick.

I think Minny gets in next year. They got some very nice young pieces. If not next year for some reason then definitely the following year but I'm willing to bet next year.

Guys, word is Atlanta might have Dwight as their #2 target in FA after Horford. They want to sign Al. Look into a fair deal for Dwight and trade Teague for a talented wing. Atlanta is going to be very active in FA. Horford bird rights is a great thing this year and Horford wants to resign and wants that 5th year. 

We gonna be active in free agency and the trade market.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've been an Edy advocate all year, as well as yourself.

Yep, just roll with him. I honestly don't see a trade that makes us an overwhelming FAVORITE.  

Certain smaller trades can makes us more competitive is all. 

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Guys, word is Atlanta might have Dwight as their #2 target in FA after Horford. They want to sign Al. Look into a fair deal for Dwight and trade Teague for a talented wing. Atlanta is going to be very active in FA. Horford bird rights is a great thing this year and Horford wants to resign and wants that 5th year. 

We gonna be active in free agency and the trade market.

A fair deal for Dwight?

Edited by GameTime

47 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Payne being traded isn't a bust roflmfao. Minny wants him gone. If he was this budding "star", then wouldn't Minny want to keep him?

That's the whole point, WE drafted him and have nothing to show for it. The fact that he sucks only makes matters worse. In 4 years of the Ferry/Bud Era we have had 5 total 1st round picks and only 1 of them (Schröder) is on the team. That's a total waste of drafting. Its even worse when you consider that since drafting Jeff Teague in 2009, Schröder is the lone 1st rounder we have hit on in that time frame. Drafting Payne was a BUST of a decision just like BeBe was. Those were quality draft slots we picked at and we had needs to fill. FA's aren't coming here so we can not afford to waste those picks 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That's the whole point, WE drafted him and have nothing to show for it. The fact that he sucks only makes matters worse. In 4 years of the Ferry/Bud Era we have had 5 total 1st round picks and only 1 of them (Schröder) is on the team. That's a total waste of drafting. Its even worse when you consider that since drafting Jeff Teague in 2009, Schröder is the lone 1st rounder we have hit on in that time frame. Drafting Payne was a BUST of a decision just like BeBe was. Those were quality draft slots we picked at and we had needs to fill. FA's aren't coming here so we can not afford to waste those picks 

exactly........folks actually clowning Payne, when it was the DUMB Hawks who drafted him...........

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

If Oladipo was 2 inches taller I would have pulled the deal for Teague.

he can be 2 Inches taller with an afro :afro:
It's all about that wingspan and standing reach ....i don't know what his is thorough .....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pimp said:

he can be 2 Inches taller with an afro :afro:
It's all about that wingspan and standing reach ....i don't know what his is thorough .....

That's an awesome emoji haha

12 hours ago, Diesel said:

How does this make any sense??  Hill is not better than Teague!!!  In fact, Hill actually sucks.  Let me tell you where that rumor came from.  It's the 1 + 1 Speculation of dumb reporters.  They say... "Hawks may trade Teague.  Teague is from Indiana.  Hill played in the San Antonio system. hmmm... Teague for Hill..." then they claim Multiple sources.

Here let me show you how it's done...  Horford is on the block.  Horford is from Michigan...  hmmm...Horford and a first for Drummond and Jennings.   Then you sight something like Pistons upset that Drummond can't hit free throws... throw in multiple sources.  Get a sound bite of Horford saying he loves Michigan and then there you have it... Bonafide trade rumor.

basketball wise... does it make sense?  Hell no.

Basketballwise, does Teague for Hill make sense?  Hell no.  I mean, think about the basketball.  When you think Basketballwise, you forget about contracts and situations and just look at the 2 players.   So, no Dennis, no Teague Free Agency to come.  Would you make this trade based on the basketball?    Explain it to me and how it makes the most sense with the basketball??

Former Spur, would fit in well in our system, and Pop loved G. Hill. Bud had to twist his arm to trade him for Kawhi.  If Pop loves George Hill, I'm cool with it. He clearly is a good fit for our system. Salary is exact match with Teague, so he is affordable and a FA after next year. He would be playing the role of 6th man/SG for us if brought in--I think he could be a good fit there--considering Hardaway is still being developed and Korver is an injury risk. Not looking for him to "match" Teague's numbers as he wouldn't be asked to do as much here--but he's instantly our second best 3 point shooter and good fit.  I also think a trade for Hill would bring back more than just GH--they'd throw in something to sweeten it, imo.

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2015/02/10/gregg-popovich-on-his-special-relationship-with-george-hill/