• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

19 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Former Spur, would fit in well in our system, and Pop loved G. Hill. Bud had to twist his arm to trade him for Kawhi.  If Pop loves George Hill, I'm cool with it. He clearly is a good fit for our system. Salary is exact match with Teague, so he is affordable and a FA after next year. He would be playing the role of 6th man/SG for us if brought in--I think he could be a good fit there--considering Hardaway is still being developed and Korver is an injury risk. Not looking for him to "match" Teague's numbers as he wouldn't be asked to do as much here--but he's instantly our second best 3 point shooter and good fit.  I also think a trade for Hill would bring back more than just GH--they'd throw in something to sweeten it, imo.

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2015/02/10/gregg-popovich-on-his-special-relationship-with-george-hill/

Bud was the one that pushed for Pop to trade him. We aren't the Spurs 

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

If Oladipo was 2 inches taller I would have pulled the deal for Teague.

{Highly-offensive girlfriend joke redacted.}

On a serious note, I need to make a list of guys who folks are just enamored with that I just don't see what the big deal is (is that a sentence?).

LOladipo is on it along with Lamb, Len, WinSlow, Okafor, Exum, Miyuhs Linnid, McCollum.  There are countless others.  What am I missing on these guys?

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bud was the one that pushed for Pop to trade him. We aren't the Spurs 

I know the Bud push to trade hill for Kawhi story very well.  The fact it took a lot of urging and Popovich admired him in entirely relevant.  

No,  we aren't the Spurs---we just run a system very similar to theirs in which Hill has excelled before.

Why does people call him 'LOladipo' when his best scoring game this season (37) is better than any player's best on our roster?

He's a scoring guard, creates his own shot, young, more potential than any on our roster, and we need all of that.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, RWF said:

Why does people call him 'LOladipo' when his best scoring game this season (37) is better than any player's best on our roster?

He's a scoring guard, creates his own shot, young, more potential than any on our roster, and we need all of that.

Well, since LOladipo is what I call him I'll field this query.  Any rando NBA player with a green light can hit 30+ points.  If ORL won that game where he scored all those points, it was probably by pure happenstance.

ETA: And furthermore, he's a smallish 2G which can't be paired with either of our PG's anyways so ... there's that.

• Premium Member

Ok... to add to the 68 pages I have read before now, I just read 20 more pages.  People reiterating  their position.  So let's start with some fundamental truths...

1.  We need a BU C.

This doesn't have to be some blockbuster trade.  Scott for Olynk or something like that works just fine.  We just have to replace Splitter.  I don't think Edy is close to ready and Moose is not strong enough.

2.  Too many blinded eyes calling for Dennis.

The Teague hate is really strong.  The truth is thought that Dennis will be death for this team.  Check out the usage rate.  Dennis is what he has always been... a ball hog.   If we turn over this team to him... we may as well not play bud ball any longer.   IF that be the case, then getting Dwight makes sense.  But it will be a rebuild.  Don't be fooled.  Most of our players were put here because of their qualities... which qualities Diesel?

a.  Character guy.

b.  Passer

c.  Hard Worker

Look at those characteristics.  Where do you see Dwightmare?  Where do you see Dennis?

Bottom line, the call for the BU C is louder than wing or anything else.  Like I said, it's not worth moving Horf or Teague about.   I'm in agreement that somebody better send a good deal for one of our better players.   Not some sorry George Hill deal that was born out of a bored newsguy. With the 4.5 Million, I wonder what we can get?

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Well, since LOladipo is what I call him I'll field this query.  Any rando NBA player with a green light can hit 30+ points.  If ORL won that game where he scored all those points, it was probably by pure happenstance.

ETA: And furthermore, he's a smallish 2G which can't be paired with either of our PG's anyways so ... there's that.

"True baller", Jordan Crawford once had 39 points in a game ... plus had a few triple doubles.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Guys, word is Atlanta might have Dwight as their #2 target in FA after Horford. They want to sign Al. Look into a fair deal for Dwight and trade Teague for a talented wing. Atlanta is going to be very active in FA. Horford bird rights is a great thing this year and Horford wants to resign and wants that 5th year. 

We gonna be active in free agency and the trade market.

I will have to see it to believe it.   History of this team says it don't happen.   We will resign Horford and a couple scrubs.  

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

{Highly-offensive girlfriend joke redacted.}

On a serious note, I need to make a list of guys who folks are just enamored with that I just don't see what the big deal is (is that a sentence?).

LOladipo is on it along with Lamb, Len, WinSlow, Okafor, Exum, Miyuhs Linnid, McCollum.  There are countless others.  What am I missing on these guys?

Winslow and McCollum will be stars...I'm 97.3% sure about it.

23 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Yeah, McCollum is an excellent scorer for a 200 lb 24 year old. When he gets in a groove you just feed and fan him.  

I know nothing of Winslow but I hear he's an excellent defender.  Kinda like how everyone swears by MKG yet I've never seen proof of him actually playing outside of the Hornets practice floor.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Ok... to add to the 68 pages I have read before now, I just read 20 more pages.  People reiterating  their position.  So let's start with some fundamental truths...

1.  We need a BU C.

This doesn't have to be some blockbuster trade.  Scott for Olynk or something like that works just fine.  We just have to replace Splitter.  I don't think Edy is close to ready and Moose is not strong enough.

The Teague hate is really strong.  The truth is thought that Dennis will be death for this team.  Check out the usage rate.  Dennis is what he has always been... a ball hog.   If we turn over this team to him... we may as well not play bud ball any longer.   IF that be the case, then getting Dwight makes sense.  But it will be a rebuild.  Don't be fooled.  Most of our players were put here because of their qualities... which qualities Diesel?

a.  Character guy.

b.  Passer

c.  Hard Worker

Look at those characteristics.  Where do you see Dwightmare?  Where do you see Dennis?

Bottom line, the call for the BU C is louder than wing or anything else.  Like I said, it's not worth moving Horf or Teague about.   I'm in agreement that somebody better send a good deal for one of our better players.   Not some sorry George Hill deal that was born out of a bored newsguy. With the 4.5 Million, I wonder what we can get?

1. One of the problems is rebounding, If you keep Al and Sap, that's not enough size. It's a possibility that Al horford might get traded, that just a feeling i get, but who knows they might decide to keep Al to lock in the team chemistry, and make small trades instead of a blockbuster deal. About Splitter, i believe he will be likely to get traded if he can't stay healthy.

2. Im not one of those Teague haters, Teague is one of the top 10 point guards in the NBA in my opinion.  I also agree and fear that if coach Bud decides to put Dennis as a starter it won't go very smoothly. Dennis usually tend to play out of control, and cause a lot of turnovers. I don't hate Dennis either, I just don't think it will be a good idea if they put Dennis as a starter but I trust Coach Bud and the Hawks organization whatever move they going to make to help build a bright future team for the Hawks.

Characteristics:

If you play in Bud's system almost similar to the Spurs system, you need unselfish, good character, and hard worker players. I also think you need someone to be in that leadership role, Spurs have the veterans they just help the new players and the new players just blend in really quickly and follow their leadership.

Hawks i can't really  tell who's the leader, but they have good team chemistry, i was really hoping Jeff teague would take that leadership role, but i haven't seen him do it, i actually haven't see a single player in the Hawks have taken that leadership role.

George Hill is very good player, very unselfish, and high IQ player, he's a former Spur, it would be easier for him to learn Bud's system. I can see this George hill and Jeff Teague trade a possibility but you never know what moves Coach Bud and Hawks going to make.

Dwight Howard, he's a very good rebounder, improved on his free throws but not really good a post player, had a lot of injuries in the past that decline his game performance, and missed a lot of games too when he was with the Rockets. This could be a possible trade but i don't think it's going to happen.

It's really hard to predict what trades Hawks going to make or if there's no trade coming at all. But one thing that im sure is if Hawks  going to make a trade, they would look for a player that can play and fit in Bud's system.

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

a.  Character guy.

b.  Passer

c.  Hard Worker

What do you know that speaks to Dennis not being a "character guy"?  Seemed pretty high character when he was the rowdiest bench cheerer before he ever got minutes and remained so even as he became a part of the rotation.  

What do you see that suggests Dennis isn't a willing passer?  He averages more assists per 36 minutes...7.9 to Teague's 6.9 with Teague having the turnover edge by a mere 0.3 per 36 minutes).  Dennis also plays more minutes with lesser scorers and shooters--that's notable.

What in the world suggests to you Dennis isn't a hard-worker?  Just pulling stuff outta yer a$$.  To improve as much as he has as a 20 year-old Euro in his first season to now requires hard work.  He's clearly competitive as hell because he wants to start and is our highest energy player by far on a nightly basis, and competitive athletes tend to put in the work.   

Finally, you (of course) didn't mention the superlative (aside from more talent and upside of course) that Dennis has that Teague will never have because it's innate.  Dennis wants the ball in clutch situations.  He has huge huevos and doesn't shy away from the moment.  He's fearless and doesn't worry about "what if I miss."  Teague doesn't have that quality.  He hit a big three to clinch a playoff game--big whoop...please don't use that as your counter evidence.  Anyone watching knows Dennis is fearless--he's young so it manifests as being reckless or out of control at times but Bud will reign him in.  Dennis will be a star.  Mark it.

As I suspect many here would say, I don't hate Teague.  I happen to LOVE  Dennis and think the kid will be a star.   

I agree with you on Dwight--want NO PART of him.  

Edited by bumpyphish1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

9 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

What do you know that speaks to Dennis not being a "character guy"?  Seemed pretty high character when he was the rowdiest bench cheerer before he ever got minutes and remained so even as he became a part of the rotation.  

What do you see that suggests Dennis isn't a willing passer?  He averages more assists per 36 minutes...7.9 to Teague's 6.9 with Teague having the turnover edge by a mere 0.3 per 36 minutes).  Dennis also plays more minutes with lesser scorers and shooters--that's notable.

What in the world suggests to you Dennis isn't a hard-worker?  Just pulling stuff outta yer a$$.  To improve as much as he has as a 20 year-old Euro in his first season to know requires hard work.  He's clearly competitive as hell because he wants to start, and competitive athletes tend to put in the work.   

Finally, you (of course) didn't mention the superlative (aside from talent and upside of course) that Dennis has that Teague will never have because it's innate.  Dennis wants the ball.  He has huge huevos and doesn't shy away from the moment.  Teague doesn't have that quality.  He hit a big three to clinch a playoff game--big whoop...please don't use that as your counter evidence.  Anyone watching knows Dennis is fearless--he's young so it manifests as being reckless or out of control at times but Bud will reign him in.  Dennis will be a star.  Mark it.

As I suspect many here would say, I don't hate Teague.  I happen to LOVE  Dennis and think the kid will be a star.   

The only reason i think why i see Bud might try to put Dennis as a starter is probably because he's hoping  that he can make Dennis like Tony Parker not skill wise, but more like hoping that he grows, build that loyalty and be a franchise PG player for the Hawks, like when Pop put Tony Parker as a  starter when he was a rookie. That's just my guess.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

The only reason i think why i see Bud might try to put Dennis as a starter is probably because he's hoping  that he can make Dennis like Tony Parker not skill wise, but more like hoping that he grows, build that loyalty and be a franchise PG player for the Hawks, like when Pop put Tony Parker as a  starter when he was a rookie. That's just my guess.

Agreed.  Teague can be everything Parker is and more if he improves his jumper--once Parker's achilles heel, too

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Technically, Battier is a 'star'.  People recognize him kinda.  He's certainly not a guy you win with as a primary contributor.  So, i guess you're right, Winslow will be a star ... kinda.

Charles McCollum is a high-end chuckster.  Will probably always have nice scoring stats.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

What in the world suggests to you Dennis isn't a hard-worker?  Just pulling stuff outta yer a$$.  To improve as much as he has as a 20 year-old Euro in his first season to now requires hard work.  He's clearly competitive as hell because he wants to start and is our highest energy player by far on a nightly basis, and competitive athletes tend to put in the work.   

Finally, you (of course) didn't mention the superlative (aside from more talent and upside of course) that Dennis has that Teague will never have because it's innate.  Dennis wants the ball in clutch situations.  He has huge huevos and doesn't shy away from the moment.  He's fearless and doesn't worry about "what if I miss."  Teague doesn't have that quality.  He hit a big three to clinch a playoff game--big whoop...please don't use that as your counter evidence.  Anyone watching knows Dennis is fearless--he's young so it manifests as being reckless or out of control at times but Bud will reign him in.  Dennis will be a star.  Mark it.

I agree with you on Dwight--want NO PART of him.  

Dennis is a me first PG.   I don't know if that will translate into a star in Bud's system.   Moreover, I don't know if it would translate to team winning in any other system.   I believe that Dennis has really good skills, but his mind is not changed.  He's done a little of what Bud has asked (if Parker is the model) however, he still does a lot of his own thing.   It kills me to see an offense that shows ball movement reduced to Dennis pounding the ball, and moving guys around so that he can drive.   If you were ever critical of IsoJoe, then you should be familiar with IsoSchro.  I think if you trade Teague and give Dennis this offense, then it won't be long before IsoSchro gets rid of this offense and Bud.

About Upside... What's that?  It's nothing.   How long did we talk about the upside of Marvin Williams?   I believe that Dennis is skilled and can do a lot of things... However, Just like Josh Smith, your mentality will overcome your skills everytime.   His mentality is me-first PG.  You put power into his hands and watch what happens next.  Being a backup is better for him.  Some guys are just better off the bench.