• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

19 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Thing is that if the Hawks do make a move it's likely going to be one that nobody has heard of and/or it's likely to be a tiny deal involving a player for a future 2nd round pick and cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree this is the most likely scenario, there is no doubt that the Hawks are also entertaining offers for Horford and/or Teague, but they are also asking for a lot in return.  If we do see a big move involving either one of those players it will likely be in the Hawks favor.  The trouble is, I don't think there's another team willing to make that kind of a deal with the Hawks.

Not much time left until the deadline.  At least the Hawks have been in the mix this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I agree with you. I don't think the Hawks will make any blockbuster moves, however if a team really wants Al then his saying he wants a 5 year deal is huge for our bargaining power. I hope we are able to use Splitter to acquire a big who can actually help and just add to our roster. Surely his contract can get us a non-expiring player from a team looking to create more offseason space. Would be nice to send him and that Wolves 1st for a guy like Gasol (haven't checked salaries so don't know).

It does work.  In fact, we'd have to get another player in the deal.   Splitter makes more than Gasol smh.   we might have to take dunleavey off their hands.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I agree with you. I don't think the Hawks will make any blockbuster moves, however if a team really wants Al then his saying he wants a 5 year deal is huge for our bargaining power. I hope we are able to use Splitter to acquire a big who can actually help and just add to our roster. Surely his contract can get us a non-expiring player from a team looking to create more offseason space. Would be nice to send him and that Wolves 1st for a guy like Gasol (haven't checked salaries so don't know).

It does work.  In fact, we'd have to get another player in the deal.   Splitter makes more than Gasol smh.   we might have to take dunleavey off their hands.

How many years do they each have left after this season? Dunleavy could be useful playing spot minutes off the bench. That might be something the Bulls would be interested in. Gasol could completely change our chances for this season and he has serious playoff experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"SAUCES!"

No word yet as to whether MEMPIS has interest as well.

~lw3

Thabo for Ben McLemore and 2nd rounder works but man, that's another SG but Thabo is not a SF anyway. I'll do it. Then again I value McLemore more than any SG on our roster who doesn't start and maybe Thabo.

19 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Thing is that if the Hawks do make a move it's likely going to be one that nobody has heard of and/or it's likely to be a tiny deal involving a player for a future 2nd round pick and cash.

While I agree this is the most likely scenario, there is no doubt that the Hawks are also entertaining offers for Horford and/or Teague, but they are also asking for a lot in return.  If we do see a big move involving either one of those players it will likely be in the Hawks favor.  The trouble is, I don't think there's another team willing to make that kind of a deal with the Hawks.

Not much time left until the deadline.  At least the Hawks have been in the mix this year.

I still don't know how much I believe the Hawks are actually entertaining offers for them. Maybe Teague because of Schröder but I'm doubtful about Al. I think we want to re-sign him and he's a perfect fit for Bud's system who'd be very hard to replace.

• Like 2

Just now, Dolfan23 said:

How many years do they each have left after this season? Dunleavy could be useful playing spot minutes off the bench. That might be something the Bulls would be interested in. Gasol could completely change our chances for this season and he has serious playoff experience.

The Bulls want to give Gasol 20 million this offseason,  I doubt even a 8 to 10th pick first rounder would interest them in trading an all star like Gasol much less what we would offer.

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"SAUCES!"

~lw3

Thabo for Ben McLemore and 2nd rounder works but man, that's another SG but Thabo is not a SF anyway. I'll do it. Then again I value McLemore more than any SG on our roster who doesn't start and maybe Thabo.

Why would we want Mclemore instead of Thabo? We don't have a surplus of wing defenders and Mclemore isn't near the scorer that he was thought to be. He's fairly efficient but I don't recall him being a very good defender and he's undersized as well. To me that's just a trade to make a trade. I'd rather have Thabo's defense and leadership in the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Why would we want Mclemore instead of Thabo? We don't have a surplus of wing defenders and Mclemore isn't near the scorer that he was thought to be. He's fairly efficient but I don't recall him being a very good defender and he's undersized as well. To me that's just a trade to make a trade. I'd rather have Thabo's defense and leadership in the playoffs.

We still don't have a SG of the future who fits. Bazemore is more of a high energy asset and Hardaway Jr is an inefficient SG who doesn't move off the ball well enough to be more than a bench player. The Hawks still lack a SG. Trading Thabo on the other hand is an extremely tough ask for the Kings who don't have their own 2nd for a long time. 

Thabo means a lot to us but it's definitely possible. McLemore is a very talented player. He hasn't found the right system yet. Players like him aren't a dime a dozen.

This would be more about McLemore and far less about Thabo. Thabo has a good contract, plays well in reserve for us, gives us solid value off the bench and can defend SF. Like I said, this would be about valuing McLemore,  not so much about Thabo if such a deal took place. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

BMac is a star talent.  Can't figure it out right now, but the toxic situation in Sacramento doesn't help.  I am concinced if he was put in a good situation with a winning attired surrounding him, he would flourish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

BMac is a star talent.  Can't figure it out right now, but the toxic situation in Sacramento doesn't help.  I am concinced if he was put in a good situation with a winning attired surrounding him, he would flourish.

Honestly,  I would be ecstatic if we made this trade. A lot of value from us but Ben is worth it. He really could become special. 

• Like 1

We have two 2nd rounders. One is ours and the other is the Wizards. That's the 42nd pick. That plus our pick should give us enough to land a player like Tony Snell. Trade Mack contract as well.

It's unlikely the Bulls will do it. It's more likely we can get an vet like Caron Butler for Justin Holiday. 

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, I still say Atlanta needs to look into trading their picks, especially the 2nd rounders which they have a lot of for a solid backup SF like Jared Dudley. 

Washington would have to be insane but I'd flip in my chair if they did.  

I just checked his numbers.  I had no idea his career numbers were that good, but how in the hell is he only getting 6 shots a game in 29 minutes shooting .486 and .466?!?!?  The Bullets, man.  

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Washington would have to be insane but I'd flip in my chair if they did.  

I just checked his numbers.  I had no idea his career numbers were that good, but how in the hell is he only getting 6 shots a game in 29 minutes shooting .486 and .466?!?!?  The Bullets, man.  

I watch the Wizards games, he's one of their only consistent players, highly unlikely especially since they are till trying to make the playoffs and get healthy. 

Productive players cost too much in this league.

Edited by NBASupes

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"SAUCES!"

~lw3

Really?  Nobody's gonna pat my man lw3 on the bak for the 'MEMPIS' mention?  I see you, lethal.  I sees you.

chris-broussard-memphis.jpg

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

"SAUCES!"

~lw3

Even Sacramento can see that Atlanta dont know what to do with all that talent they got.   Even the scrub teams are circling like buzzards..

Edited by Hawkmoor

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Even Sacramento can see that Atlanta dont know what to do with all that talent they got.   Even the scrub teams are circling like buzzards..

They are not a scrub team. They are flawed team. Poorly constructed. They have an ace in Cousins. They get good production from Causey Stein but their perimeter offense and defense just don't cut it outside of their wings.

Edited by NBASupes