• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Really?   Who in the league has that beside Melo?   I thought those were very rare.

Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade.   Al with a No-Trade clause?  One is not like the other.

Is he eligible?

Edit: yes - 8 years in.

I don't think he deserves one.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Steve Kyler on 92.9 The Game said this:

Hawks first option is to make trades to upgrade the team right now, not rebuild.

Mentioned the Kings interest in Thabo for McLemore ot Rudy Gay.

Radio guys suggested expanding deal to includegetting both McLemore and Gay for Teague, Thabo and filler.

I would counter with Tiago (they can waive him), Thabo, Holiday for McLemore and Gay.

If there's legs to this, then I like this deal.  I could live with that and it sounds like the kind of business we're into.  I don't mind trying to stay competitive as long as we're looking at upgrading.  I couldn't see it last year, but I get it now.  

The only things I'll add is that I don't like the idea of putting consistency above all else when we are consistently average.  Also, as much as this team seems to avoid gambling, they are gambling with Horford in the off season if they make no changes at all.  If we're going to make a move, the time is now.

• Like 2

Just now, JTB said:

This would be considered an upgrade along with a high potential SG in McLemore.  Now that would be adding talent to  our team without giving up a shit load of main core players.

Exactly,  we get a SG for the future to develop and a starting SF. That's exactly what we wanted. I'll be happy. Is Jeff better than everyone in this deal, yeah but shit, we got value.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, rd79 said:

Again, if Dennis wouldn't do what he is supposed to Bud would bench him. I remember a recent interview where was said the coaching staff encourages Dennis to drive MORE to the basket. 

Dennis is good kid who believes in his strenghts but he seems to be a good teammate (towel waiving...) he also has shown leader qualities (last year Al mentioned post game after a comeback win that Dennis challanged the whole team to turn the game around).

Dennis looks for Bud's eye contact very often before calling a play. He does exactly what the coaches want him to do. 

Some are mad about some of his early shot clock threes, but of you know that they often come 30 to 35 seconds before a qtr ends, you may get the reason for them. Two for one opportunities! He looks for a quick finish to get that extra possession and if no good shot for a teammate is there he will let it fly. But it doesn't matter if he misses, because we will get the ball back again, what we wouldn't if he uses the whole 24s.

Driving more.. that's one thing.  That's a wrinkle you see in Spurball.  However, what Dennis does is he pounds the ball Isoschro until he gets the shot or drive that he wants.   I think the coaches are in a between situation with him.  They think if they give him more power that he would change.. However, I don't think he will.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

and IF this is the case then that makes Al very tradeable even after he's signed by us.   With that in mind we should be keeping him and ADDING talent rather than just flipping it for something equal or less.

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Aaaand, just like that, we can welcome macd to the party.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He might want a no trade clause. 

He's not at that level is he?  I don't even think sMelo is at that level.  Whoever gave him that was an idiot.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ding! Ding! Ding!  Aaaand, just like that, we can welcome macd to the party.

He's not at that level is he?  I don't even think sMelo is at that level.  Whoever gave him that was an idiot.

He don't have to be on that level. I personally think he will and it will be a good decision for both parties. We can lock in a star who still has his best years ahead of him and he doesn't have to worry about trade rumors which clearly has bother him to a degree. 

Edited by NBASupes

41 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks first option is to make trades to upgrade the team right now, not rebuild.

Radio guys suggested expanding deal to includegetting both McLemore and Gay for Teague, Thabo and filler.

I would counter with Tiago (they can waive him), Thabo, Holiday for McLemore and Gay.

Let 's expand the deal further:

Teague, Splitter, Thabo for Gay, McLemore and Kofous.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki and Dwyane Wade.   Al with a No-Trade clause?  One is not like the other.

Is he eligible?

Edit: yes - 8 years in.

I don't think he deserves one.

I do. He's lead us to more success than any player since Nique. He is a special player. He deserves it.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let 's expand the deal further:

Teague, Splitter, Thabo for Gay, McLemore and Kofous.

That would be perfect.

Just now, NBASupes said:

I do. He's lead us to more success than any player since Nique. He is a special player. He deserves it.

I love Al but NO.

Compare the names on that list to Al.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He don't have to be on that level. I personally think he will and it will be a good decision for both parties. We can lock in a star who still has his best years ahead of him and he doesn't have to worry about trade rumors which clearly has bother him to a degree. 

Allright, you're going off the rails now.  Al is solid and a perfect fit for what they want to do, but he's not a star.  It's not just trade rumors that have effected his play.  He's always had nights where he just doesn't show.  You can't have a guy that disappears many times/year on a no-trade deal.  That'd be as comical for the franchise as JoeJohn's contract came to be.

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well, they better get to tweaking then......

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Allright, you're going off the rails now.  Al is solid and a perfect fit for what they want to do, but he's not a star.  It's not just trade rumors that have effected his play.  He's always had nights where he just doesn't show.  You can't have a guy that disappears many times/year on a no-trade deal.  That'd be as comical for the franchise as JoeJohn's contract came to be.

Al isn't going to get worse in the next four years. I personally think Al will age like fine wine. Look at Dirk and Gasol for example. Even lesser players like Scola. 

• Like 1

Just now, NekiEcko said:

I like that but would be cool if we added a third team because they still have Rondo and two back-up PG already.

Rondo is a FA next offseaon - suppose they elect not to resign him.  Teague still has one year left on his contract.

We can take back Seth Curry.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The problem with Horford is that he lacks the heart to play and do the dirty work.

He's not a max contract player in the league.  I wonder if Bud thinks he's Max for Budball?

• Premium Member

So much for that $20 million for Pau.  From Woj..

"The Chicago Bulls are aggressively shopping All-Star forward Pau Gasol, league sources told The Vertical.

Gasol, 35, can opt out of his contract this summer and become an unrestricted free agent, and Bulls general manager Gar Forman seems determined to move him before Thursday's trade deadline with the hope of bringing back value.

Gasol is expected to decline the player option on the $7.4 million owed him in 2016-17.

Gasol is averaging 17 points and 10.9 rebounds for the struggling Bulls."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

"The Chicago Bulls are aggressively shopping All-Star forward Pau Gasol, league sources told The Vertical.

Gasol, 35, can opt out of his contract this summer and become an unrestricted free agent, and Bulls general manager Gar Forman seems determined to move him before Thursday's trade deadline with the hope of bringing back value.

Gasol is expected to decline the player option on the $7.4 million owed him in 2016-17.

Splitter and a 1st.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

What do you think about Gasol vs. Horford??

Cryptic talk from Bud tells me that we're going to do something....

"#Hawks coach Budenholzer on #NBATradeDeadline: "You never know what's gonna happen ... You wanna be ready for anything."