Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

32 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team are what they are. a 50 win Basketball team. Inconsistent at being great. Lose to teams it has no business losing to. Getting 50% win percentage from the starters while getting around 53-55% from the bench which is why we are better than a .500 team is an issue. 

They have more talent in their starting five than last year so why did we go from a 60% chance of winning to 50% overnight. That's what Atlanta knows and I know but many others can't understand. 

Let's be honest, you take Dennis and Thabo off the bench and this team will drop instantly from a 55% bench to a 40-45% one which is league average. Add Bazemore and it's much better but not 55% better. So the question is, will Dennis being a starter and Gay being a true SF and a legit talented one and one who has succeeded on a real team before in real role like Team USA good enough to get our lineup back to 60% or even close and maybe even better. That's the real question. 

If they can, this team could be scary good. McLemore is more developmental but he is just as talented as Dennis who is our most talented player on the roster. If we can develop him, how special can he become for us in the future is also a good question. 

It feels like the team has played in even worse than their record.

Despite being 3rd in east it seems like they haven't had any impressive wins outside of the win against the Thunder. There just isn't anything really impressive so far.

The team will probably finish with 45 wins at best.

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

It feels like the team has played in even worse than their record.

Despite being 3rd in east it seems like they haven't had any impressive wins outside of the win against the Thunder. There just isn't anything really impressive so far.

The team will probably finish with 45 wins at best.

They haven't been impressive because unlike last year. They don't put full games together. It's like one good quarter here. One or two average ones. A great one, A bad one, etc. It's not consistent. 

Just sayin' That's all. 

You know that nobody is going to believe this stuff, right? Be cool with being a super fan and what not but don't try and convince anyone that you have insider info about trades. You're better than that soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gay is waaaaaay overrated.   

That seems like a personal attack towards kg01 and that will not be tolerated around here!

/sarcasm

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You know that nobody is going to believe this stuff, right? Be cool with being a super fan and what not but don't try and convince anyone that you have insider info about trades. You're better than that soup.

That seems like a personal attack towards kg01 and that will not be tolerated around here!

/sarcasm

LOL @ Soup. 

Maybe they are coasting to the playoffs. Similar to past Spurs teams. I think it's a possibility.  And maybe Kyle (the catalyst) is fully healed in the second half and we go on a run. 

'Round these parts we call that playing possum and the Hawks started that late season trend years ago against the Magic. Tried it again last year apparently and damn near got Joe Johnsoned out of the playoffs!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

I don't oppose this move if Hawks do get Gasol, but there could be better options out there

How is it possible the Hawks can get Gasol and keep Horford and Sap?? I would definitely be down with that because, again, it frees up Horford. I would feel pretty good with a big lineup of Sap/Horford/Gasol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

If the Hawks dont make a deal to improve the roster I will take some time off.   I will have to let the frustration pass.  :cry:

Better plan to take some time off then............ the only way the Hawks deal is if somebody basically gives them a player.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

How is it possible the Hawks can get Gasol and keep Horford and Sap?? I would definitely be down with that because, again, it frees up Horford. I would feel pretty good with a big lineup of Sap/Horford/Gasol.

Gasol is making $7 million this season.

Using Splitters contract. I thought he was an expiring but I hadn't looked it up. If he is then his contract works well but if not then it's unlikely the Bulks would take him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Using Splitters contract. I thought he was an expiring but I hadn't looked it up. If he is then his contract works well but if not then it's unlikely the Bulks would take him.

Splitter has 1 year left. Bulls can waive him and use the stretch provision on him for next years salary which will be $2 mil against their cap.

Splitter has 1 year left. Bulls can waive him and use the stretch provision on him for next years salary which will be $2 mil against their cap.

That wouldn't be bad especially if they know they're not going to re-sign Gasol anyway. Helps them improve their draft position this year and they'd probably get the Wolves pick from us as well.

• Like 2

Well, looks like problem is solved if Atlanta is REALLY trying to improve the team. Go get Gasol and be done with it. Bud has toyed with a big lineup. If you can get Gasol without giving up Horford or Sap, i see no reason the Hawks shouldnt be aggressive in trying to do something there. I feel a whole lot better facing Cleveland with a big three instead of a little two, front court. 

You STILL got players that work in space, the difference is you having a LEGIT big at both power and center. Moving Sap to small forward REALLY gives you a edge on the boards. Suddenly, i can see the Hawks do some damage if they could pull that off.

Edited by Hawkmoor