• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are free to say what you want, discuss who you want.

Most of us have already discussed and given our opinions on the King's, Boston and Dwight ad nauseam.

Gasol is the new thing on the trade block  and some of us would like to get him for nothing.

I hope it works out for yall. I'm a big gasol fan.  Just not a fan of bringing a guy to extend at age 35.

7 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Ok what do you propose to get Dwight here.   His salary is pretty large and how would we match that in a trade?

Well I'm somewhat opposed to it tbh. I don't look forward to the max he is going to command. I would package horford and Tiago for him tho. Salaries are relatively close that way.

That is under the assumption horford won't resign with us

Edited by skimaskway23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I hope it works out for yall. I'm a big gasol fan.  Just not a fan of bringing a guy to extend at age 35.

I'm  thinking  about this year if we don't  make a blockbuster trade, how do we ADD to our main guys and upgrade the team.

Who said anything about extending him? None of us know what the motivation for the Bulls really are right now but it sounds like they want to lose games and get draft picks and if that's the case and the Hawks are buyers and not sellers then it's entirely possible. Or maybe we are looking at Taj Gibson instead. One thing we know for almost certain is that we won't know what the Hawks are going to do before they do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Splitter has 1 year left. Bulls can waive him and use the stretch provision on him for next years salary which will be $2 mil against their cap.

So the Bulls would be willing to spend money to take Gasol off their hands?  Cool.  We get their All-Star and they pay off our bum contract.

• Like 1

When that draft rolls around people are going to call for buds head when we don't have a pick and gasol goes elsewhere.

The Wolves pick is an extra pick that we are more likely to trade than ever use to take a player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who said anything about extending him? None of us know what the motivation for the Bulls really are right now but it sounds like they want to lose games and get draft picks and if that's the case and the Hawks are buyers and not sellers then it's entirely possible. Or maybe we are looking at Taj Gibson instead. One thing we know for almost certain is that we won't know what the Hawks are going to do before they do it.

Fair enough, I wasn't under the impression the bulls would tank.

I know you are a big fan of the nba draft despite the fact we have drafted poorly the last 2 years. You ok with giving up a 1st? surely they wouldn't accept the minny pick with all its protections. 

1 minute ago, skimaskway23 said:

When that draft rolls around people are going to call for buds head when we don't have a pick and gasol goes elsewhere.

We haven't  done squat with our picks so what's  the difference, lol.

The way I see it, we'll Still have Teague as a bargaining chip to get a 1st round pick,

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Wolves pick is an extra pick that we are more likely to trade than ever use to take a player.

I'm not too sure that minny pick holds significant value. If they want to build now wouldn't it be more beneficial to get a pick they can actually use this yr?

So the Bulls would be willing to spend money to take Gasol off their hands?  Cool.  We get their All-Star and they pay off our bum contract.

And a 1st round pick which is supposedly what they're looking for. Not sure why you're overlooking that.

And using the term All Star to describe Gasol at this point in his career is like calling Korver an All Star.

• Like 1

I'm not too sure that minny pick holds significant value. If they want to build now wouldn't it be more beneficial to get a pick they can actually use this yr?

Sure if that's available. But how many teams with a 10-20 pick in 2016 are looking to trade it for Gasol? I'm sure there aren't many.

• Like 1

Fair enough, I wasn't under the impression the bulls would tank.

I know you are a big fan of the nba draft despite the fact we have drafted poorly the last 2 years. You ok with giving up a 1st? surely they wouldn't accept the minny pick with all its protections. 

It only has the 1 protection that I'm aware of and they've got 2 burgeoning superstars plus a couple of nice young players and they're on the verge of becoming a playoff team.

I don't give a rats butt about the draft anymore because the Hawks are going to waste the pick anyway. We will still have our pick though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

It only has the 1 protection that I'm aware of and they've got 2 burgeoning superstars plus a couple of nice young players and they're on the verge of becoming a playoff team.

I don't give a rats butt about the draft anymore because the Hawks are going to waste the pick anyway. We will still have our pick though.

The Minny pick is lottery protected from 2017-2020.  becomes two 2nds after.  If wolves haven't made playoffs in 3 years then it's a fail by them.