• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

It only has the 1 protection that I'm aware of and they've got 2 burgeoning superstars plus a couple of nice young players and they're on the verge of becoming a playoff team.

I don't give a rats butt about the draft anymore because the Hawks are going to waste the pick anyway. We will still have our pick though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's lottery protected until 2018 and if they still don't make the playoffs it turns into a 2nd rounder.

The Celtics got 3 1st round picks this year they could trade if we don't give them horford

Edited by skimaskway23

6 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

And a 1st round pick which is supposedly what they're looking for. Not sure why you're overlooking that.

And using the term All Star to describe Gasol at this point in his career is like calling Korver an All Star.

He wuz in da game a few daze ago.  He outperforms our two allstars.

12 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

"Bud, this @hawksfanatic fella is saying the salaries won't match in our trade idea"

"Really?  Gosh darnit, I thought we had one.  Okay, see if those schmucks got any other ideas"

Don't draw me back into this hellhole of a thread. Ahhh shit.

But with Jimmy Butler rehabbing a hyperextended knee and the Bulls a mere game ahead of the ninth-place Charlotte Hornets in the Eastern Conference, it might be time to sell high on Gasol and look toward the future. According to The Vertical's Chris Mannix, that's exactly what some executives around the league think Chicago may be doing.

No word yet on where Gasol could go, but him entering the fray would be significant news in and of itself.

• Like 2

He wuz in da game a few daze ago.  He outperforms our two allstars.

True but he's still 35 and very unlikely to re-sign there next year and he would be a rental for anyone who trades for him. Plus a few posters on here were nearly All Stars in the East this year. Not like we are talking about a guy on a long term deal who's still in his prime.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

True but he's still 35 and very unlikely to re-sign there next year and he would be a rental for anyone who trades for him. Plus a few posters on here were nearly All Stars in the East this year. Not like we are talking about a guy on a long term deal who's still in his prime.

I like the concept of us acquiring a rental if it can get us into the finals.  It would be such an unusual giddy feeling. Yeah, das rite.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

It's lottery protected until 2018 and if they still don't make the playoffs it turns into a 2nd rounder.

The Celtics got 3 1st round picks this year they could trade if we don't give them horford

They could yes. So could the Hawks.

Never been a fan of rentals, but dayuuum a Pau rental this year sure is enticing. And who says some of those Celts 1sts aren't enticing and Budcox couldn't convert into a score. "Past performance doesn't necessarily predict future return." Maybe Budcox just haven't liked what they've seen in Round 1 up until now, and are still capable of striking gold. And, if what we've been hearing is true, I know I can't be the only one impressed with Budcox's performance this trade season (hardball)...

• Like 1