• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

We have 12 hours left folks!!!!!!!!!

Whats it gonna be? Trade or no trade?

Probably 'we love our core' and small trade. Maybe even Korver trade.

Hope I'm surprised though. Have been wanting a change since they made it obvious this team has peaked last post-season.

• Like 1

So I didn't realize until now that Horford is shooting 34% from 3! While that isn't a outstanding percentage I will say for a center that's pretty damn impressive for this new era of "Pace & Space" basketball all these teams are starting to do.

With that said if Horford can maintain his 3pt percentage between 34%-36% he's certainly going to be a keeper and that 3 ball is going to net him more money in today's league though he was already going to get the max.

But now I'm looking at the situation of Horford prolonging his career. He's always been a good all around player just need to get his rebounds back up.

However the issue remains the same for me! You can't build a team around a good player like horford. If we had two stars already going into the summer and horford was to receive his max deal I would be all for it. As I believe horford can surely be the 3rd best player on a playoff team. But this team just doesn't have a star player just yet and we would essentially be signing a player who's at best 3rd best player on a championship team.

With all that said...if we could somehow keep this core and add to it like a Gasol or Mclemore those are trade boosters to this team that may pay off in a big way.

Bud has to do something about splitter not being available though ! Asking al to keep guarding all of these bigger centers is so unfair. Horfords defense is good but he can't do any about size and strength, same goes for Bazemore IMO.

so anyways if we give AL the max there just needs to be a plan to get a talented center some how that has the ability to start and allow horford to play PF and sap SF.

Edited by JTB

21 minutes ago, RWF said:

Hope I'm surprised though. Have been wanting a change since they made it obvious this team has peaked last post-season.

I'm great with no trades. I like our team. I know it's exciting to get a new player but not if we have to bend over for teams. We should be in full control of every trade scenario this year, if not, just walk away. We should make teams beg ...lol

20 minutes ago, RWF said:

I think it's going to be Teague though he has been playing great lately. Maybe korver to package along with him to bring back some really good players that can help take the Hawks to the next level.

Not sure if anyone would like this deal but I'm sure Teague + Korver can get us back Mclemore, Gay, Casspi...McLemore is intriguing just like Dennis but then the question is what do we do with Bazemore and Hardaway. I would hate to lose Baze in free agency...but back to my trade proposal I think that trade would make us deeper for the time being.

pg-Dennis, Mack, Lamar Patterson

sg- Mclemore, Baze, Hardaway

Sf- Gay, Thabo, Casspi

pf- Sap, Scott, Moose

c-Horford, Moose, Edy

just a thought, kinda depends on what Gay gives us if this would pay off or not but looks pretty good on paper not the best but atleast we aren't undersized at SF. We loss Dennis speed of the bench but Mack should be able to click with Baze, Thabo, Scott right from the get go.

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm great with no trades. I like our team. I know it's exciting to get a new player but not if we have to bend over for teams. We should be in full control of every trade scenario this year, if not, just walk away. We should make teams beg ...lol

Agreed just tired of seeing the same issues but hey maybe Bud twirl his thumb and land us Gasol to add to this core.

Would be great!...but it's a long shot more than likely 

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Agreed just tired of seeing the same issues but hey maybe Bud twirl his thumb and land us Gasol to add to this core.

Would be great!...but it's a long shot more than likely 

Yup. I would LOVE to land Gasol for Scott, Mack and a 1st. I'm not on board with Gay. I think he has some major flawes in his game on both ends. I think Ben Mac still has a chance to be a good player but the ship has sailed for Rudolph Gay in my humble opinion.

Y'all remember the year we just traded a second round pick for Jeremy Tyler, let him play five minutes, and then cut him? I think it will be a move along those lines, but hoping for better for sure. We could really use an upgrade if we are really going to be contenders. No Dwight, No Gay. I would love to get a trade going with the Sixers to land Saric and / or one of their bigs to set us up for the future though. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, rd79 said:

Slowly other GMs will realize that Al and Jeff aren't moved for crap.... 

This is the only way something gets done.  I think if there were a sensible deal on the table right now, the Hawks would have made it.  I'm not sure we can buy into anything in regards to Al's value.  He's a UFA at the end of the season and that always drops a player's value.  Nobody is going to give up a haul for a potential half-season rental.  Nobody but a serious contender or a team with a guy in the same situation (like Houston with D12). 

If this is the case, I'm fine with standing pat.   I'm won't be happy about not moving the needle, but it's not for management not trying.  I think with all we've heard, we can at least say that they're active in talks.  Other than making a deal just to make change (and getting back crap), what are we expecting?

Since Tiago is done for the season there are two Main needs to fix: starting SF and backup C who rebounds and ca set picks.

Best but realistic szenario is get one of them and get rid of Splitter... 

Crowder or Okafor + expiring filler for Teague and Splitter?

I don't know why Boston should do this (other than maybe some Teague love), but it would free cap space offseason for us, give us a long term starting SF and a big to replace Splitter - Lee has 10rebs PER36. Add Mini's 1st??? 

trade2.png

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Re: the Gasol love.  His strengths are the same as Horf and 'Sap.  You want yet another tweener PF/C?  

Furthermore, people who say Pau is better now than Horf are silly.  Al is younger, has much better handles, and is a much better shooter.  Pure nonsense.  I want no part of Pau.  If we get a big, it better be a beefy Center.

I disagree.  He us better than Horf or right now.  His rebound avg is 10.9 and what is Al's?  Al is basically a 3 mostly a mid range shooter and he has no handles at all. Al has zero inside game.  Al can run the floor and Pau does not.  This season as it stands pau is a better center period imo.

I disagree.  He us better than Horf or right now.  His rebound avg is 10.9 and what is Al's?  Al is basically a 3 mostly a mid range shooter and he has no handles at all. Al has zero inside game.  Al can run the floor and Pau does not.  This season as it stands pau is a better center period imo.

I can show you all the players who won titles as the best player. Those guys are usually worth far more than max. They are worth 50 million per year or more. Good luck signing them. Steph Curry and LeBron.

Some of you need to watch the games before saying who's better. Not just look at the Stat sheets and the highlights. Oh, and be sure to watch what these players do on both sides of the court. I'm sure some of you are only watching for dunks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

This Paul Gasol thing is gonna expose the Hawks.  All Chicago wants is a rotational guy and a good  (high) draft pick. The excuses made for the Hawks:

1.  certain players dont fit the scheme.

2. certain players have character issues.

3. the salary structure.

4. giving up too much for a player.

5. dont blow the team up.

Gasol eliminates all that, PLUS, he would allow the Hawks to move Horford to forward and max him.   They could keep their starters intact and add to it.  The fit is too perfect. The whole situation gonna expose the Hawks for the fraud organization they are.  They could offer Splitter AND Scott and a pick and wouldnt be hurting in this situation.

Edited by Hawkmoor

4 hours ago, rd79 said:

Slowly other GMs will realize that Al and Jeff aren't moved for crap.... 

They're all like, "Wait, so da Hawks won't take my top-45 protected 2nd for both Al and Teague?"

@Hawkmoor, I seriously doubt (a) that's all CHI wants for Gasol and (b) that's all CHI can get for Gasol even as a rental.  My biggest criticism of all the BOS and HOU rumor guys is they don't look at the other side of the trade.

Of course Scott/Splitter works from our end, but if other teams are offering younger/better prospects rather than a guy facing felony charges and one who's out for the season, CHI will laugh at that deal and rightfully so.

NBA trade rumors are really heating up with the NBA trade deadline expiring in a few hours. One of the more interesting late rumors is that the Philadelphia 76ers could make a late push and try to pry either Jeff Teague or Dennis Schröder from the Atlanta Hawks, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

The Sixers (8-45) are still trying to find an identity as they go through the third year of their rebuild. Philadelphia obviously has a lot of issues, as the Sixers rank in the bottom third of nearly every offensive and defense categories. They have an overabundance of frontcourt players and are razor thin at point guard in terms of talent. A trade for Teague or Schröder would make sense, as Atlanta has been said to be looking to start its rebuilding process.

Teague has picked up his production in February after struggling for much of the season. He has scored in double-figures in 10 straight games and has doled out at least five assists in seven of those contests. The 27-year-old is averaging 20.0 points along with 5.5 assists while shooting 51.1 percent from the floor and 53.8 percent from beyond the arc in six games in February.

Teague is super quick and is very good in pick-and-roll situations. He struggles with turnovers and is nothing special on defense. Teague also has drawn interest from several other teams such as the Utah Jazz and New York Knicks.

Schröder, like Teague, is very quick and gets to the basket at will, but the 23-year-old has taken more three-pointers than Teague and is not the shooter that he is. Schröder is a good distributor but gets overpowered defensively due to his slight build.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Dennis-Schröder-670x388.jpg

[photo by Maddie Meyer/ Getty Images]
[Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images]

Schröder is averaging 10.7 points and 4.5 assists while shooting 41.3 percent from the floor and just 33.3 percent from beyond the arc this season.

Philadelphia currently has Ish Smith, Isaiah Canaan, T.J. McConnell, and Kendall Marshall as point guards on their roster. Smith’s production has slowed down since his hot start with the Sixers after coming over from New Orleans. Smith is not a shooter and is a volume scorer, so while he would be decent off the bench, he is not a starter at the NBA level.

Canaan is also a scorer who is a decent three-point shooter, the problem with the 25-year-old is that he is not a distributor and a weak defender. McConnell leads the team with 4.9 assists a game and is a very hard-nosed player though he is not an elite shooter. Marshall is a pass-first point guard who struggles with turnovers and is his defense is a concern.

Smith will be an unrestricted free agent after the season, and Canaan will be a restricted free agent.

It is believed that the 76ers would be willing to take on salary if they are also willing to stockpile draft picks. However, Inquisitr reported that the Sixers were “gauging the market” for rookie Jahlil Okafor. And according to sources, it will likely take Okafor or Nerlens Noel to be offered in order for the Hawks to take the bait.

image: http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GettyImages-509892150-670x388.jpg

GettyImages-509892150-670x388.jpg
Jahlil Okafor and D’Angelo Russell [Photo by Elsa/Getty Images]

Okafor is too talented to trade at this point, and he and Noel haven’t had a chance to really play together that much to make a real decision whether the youngsters can play together or not. Plus, the Sixers best option is to trade Joel Embiid, who has been injured the last two years and really hasn’t done anything to garner the hype he has.

Philadelphia made three trades prior to the deadline last season, picking up Canaan along with JaVale McGee and several draft picks. The Sixers traded away K.J. McDaniels and Michael Carter-Williams. However, don’t expect the Sixers to make a deal this year, not that general manager Sam Hinkie shouldn’t be looking like team chairman of basketball operations Jerry Colangelo said he was.

“I think Sam, like every other president and general manager in the league, is busy on the phones just to see what’s there. That doesn’t mean that we are committed to making a deal. Far from that.

“I think you always have to be aware of what the market is for acquiring something or considering a trade. But we are not actively looking to do deals.”

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2806300/nba-trade-rumors-philadelphia-76ers-could-make-late-bid-for-atlanta-hawks-jeff-teague-or-dennis-Schröder/#zZm7WWcUEVOmCG2e.99