• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trade Deadline Rumors

mrhonline

Just now, Sothron said:

my big fear of not trading Horford means we're giving him a five year max deal and he's just not worth it.

That's my fear as well, but I haven't seen a single alternative that makes sense ON the court or FINANCIALLY of AVAILABLE free agents or prospects we would receive in any trade. 

I want to see the alternatives.

14 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

There are no reasons to really follow this team the 2nd half of the season. Only watch them if you get extremely bored. That's what I do now. I surely do not bother to watch every game. Hell, I didn't even watch all star weekend. I can't even tell you who won the 3pt shoot out or the dunk contest. There is no reason to totally invest time at this point.

I stopped watching these clowns fulltime back around the time Billy Knight was brought on board. I will watch a few games here and there, but like you said, its not interesting because i know the product isnt capable of going all the way.  Going to a game is SOMETHING to do, but if you get behind the team hoping for a championship, its a wasted proposition.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather let him walk than take bad deals or chumps. I don't know if we can S&T anymore with the extra year on the table as an enticement for him and another team to trade.

No 5th year on a SnT.  If Al wants to go to a team that DOES NOT have capspace that's the only way we would potentially get something back.

Any other SnT would be us getting a TPE if we wanted (maybe).

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, for Joel Anthony and a protected 1st.  That's cheap, no?  Wonder if that brings down Anderson's price?

I'm thinking that's expensive for Monty and his bad back.  I wonder what the protection is.

If anything, what the team needs is a big SF to hide Horford's deficiency in rebounding and defense outside of the pnr.

not gonna get it easily. Turns out the Hawks did apparently try to ask for Parker or Giannis and got laughed at.

Parker or Giannis for Teague*

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Dwight Howard isn't the key to a championship rofl.

Whoa, Lurker and @JayBirdHawk just agreed on something.  I are scared.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm thinking that's expensive for Monty and his bad back.  I wonder what the protection is.

Top 8 is what they just said on radio.  Yeah, that is a lot now that I step back and think about it.  Guess DET is in win-now mode ... with a team that's not likely to win (ever).  Ah well, guess it looks good on paper for Stan at least.

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Strange belief that your system matters more than talented players? 

Where have I seen this before? 

Chip kelly. That's where. 

Which talented players were we getting for Horford?   Fatty Sullinger and Injured shoulder Olynik?